Finer than a new set of snow tires :)

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Was time to put tires on the vans again...

We run a high performance off road tire all the way around due to the terrain we drive in sometimes (Mud, snow, sand, gravel, highway...."where the heck am I?" terrain...)

So the Goodyear tires I had been using (Proguard, Silent Armor's) are no longer being made.

Giving these bad boys a try. BF Goodrich "Commercial" Radial TA's. There are a bit louder on the road, so we will just turn up the radio :lol:

But they are grippe! :rockon:

The snow can take a leave of absence in my opinion this year! As well as the cold weather from last year! :oldrolleyes:

Did have them mounted and balanced, then did full alignment with the water tank full and equipment in place as usual.

2014-10-27145032_zpsc430f0b5.jpg

2014-10-27145027_zps59b6602f.jpg

2014-10-27145039_zps496a1a14.jpg

2014-10-27145223_zpsb24ef6ee.jpg

2014-10-27150152_zps4724d08d.jpg

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I think Jim Martin also feels the same as me. Fill it up. Better overall performance for the vehicle and tires. My alignment guy says bring it in full and set up like you use it

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
I have mine aligned with waste tank and fresh tank at half.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I go out full in the morning and back empty at night so I have mine aligned half full also.

200 lbs. of weight in the drivers seat changes the alignment a bit also.

My cousin which works at a tire shop would always tell me to jump in the front seat.
He showed me the line up on the wall, then told me to get in and watch it change.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
after the alignment.............you want them to set the camber..........

load your van down with all your tool and water weight.......then set the camber to that...it will help save the side of your tires....
we ride more heavy then light..............

That's the Jim Martin way.....................:icon_rolleyes:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
was that a nail i saw....?

aww....maybe it was jus a little rock......

Better have been nothing....they hadn't even made it out of the shop yet....LOL!

But last night, I almost ran a large hook through the side of one of my pickups trying to back out of a yard with a water trailer (dark as all get out last night) and hooked it. Was part of an old gate attached to a wooden post. What a freaking nightmare trying to get in and out of this place! And what a pain to always have a water call on a Friday night just as you start having some time with family...

Oh....and I hadn't had a chance to eat yet at all.

Thought for sure was toast!

Pulled ahead to some light and damn....the sidewall had a scuff, but that is all.

Will see if it is ok yet today when I head out here shortly.

steve_64

just put four new firestone destinations on mine. put all new shocks on a few months ago along with brakes and some other repairs.

come on winter, im ready for ya this time!

yeah right lol

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Our favorite 16 inch tire is a Firestone transfornce ht-awesome tire awsome life on a vehicle.

Our favorite 19.5 tire is a goodyear g647, expensive but well worth it as we have never ran one down just replace every 3 year for safety reasons.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom