Finishing school for Old Coastie

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I found my other pair of skivvies and an extra sock, so Tuesday it's off to CA to the School of Rock. I'm bringing an elf in case I have to pee and miss anything.

Eat your heart out, Marty!

BTW here are the other weirdest schools in the world:

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
It turns out that restoring stone requires hard work and attention to detail. Other than that, it is a very good class!
;)

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Here are before, during and after pictures of marble that my foreman Andrew and I refinished.

How many homes have we seen with this stuff looking shabby!

Name
cameron demille
Thank you everyone that took the time to come out. I was pretty impressed with how quickly you guys picked up the skills. It took me months to get to the point where these guys are after 4 days.

It was a full class and a lot of fun.

Brady

Name
Brady
The class is well worth the price of admission. Cam and Ted's knowledge is beyond belief. They make it very easy to learn, from someone that has never touched a floor machine to someone with experience in refinishing, there is plenty to learn and their teaching style is very hands on. I came in with what i thought was a decent knowledge of stone and came out feeling like i can conquer the world! I would highly recommend this class to anyone interested in stone care.

Reactions: ted mcfadden

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Cameron and Ted and Josh made a point of discussing any questions at any moment. I did not see one instance where they blew off a student or showed any impatience at being asked the same thing for the hundredth time.

I would characterize them as each having a calling to teach others. There were several students who already have years of stone refinishing but in conversations they all expressed real respect for what they were learning.
One young man had never run a 175 machine and within two days was cheerfully polishing floors. I came away with an appreciation for stone refinishing as a skill and art.

Now Andrew (Head Elf) and I seem unable to stop looking at marble floors and critquing their finish... Maybe we'll find some loose change.

Plan on taking the course as soon as you can.

Thank you, Cameron for the great chow and even more for a top notch course. You, Josh and Ted made it fun but very to the point, so we are actually excited about offering this service!

ted mcfadden

Supportive Member
Name
Ted McFadden
I really thought this class went well. I am always asking the students if there is anything they are feeling nervous about. I don't want these classes simply to be a demonstration of a skill without the opportunity to get behind a machine and make the mistakes necessary to learn and hone your knowledge. It is our mission to give you the tools to increase your profit from existing customers and the confidence to seek new customers and new opportunities for your business.

We had a wide range of knowledge come into this class form a BMX racer without any experience that is getting into the business with his father (a carpet cleaner who is getting into more stone), to an 18 year old son of a professional stone refinisher, to seasoned carpet and tile cleaners looking to expand the breadth of their services, to a seasoned professional refinisher. I am and was truly honored that all of these business owners trusted Cameron, Josh, and I enough to spend 4 valuable days out of their schedule to learn these skills.

Thank you all for your posts here, your shared experiences are much appreciated. I look forward to seeing your success stories in the future.

Thank you,

Ted McFadden

Reactions: Brady and Mikey P

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
One last word; you'll get a fine tee shirt, but for you other baldies, don't expect a cool looking ponytail hat or anything to shield your head from the hot sun.

My guess is that we are expected to earn enough to buy our own damty hat, but it still feels like antifollicalism..

;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom