Flir and iPhone combo?

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi guys:
I'm going to take the plunge and buy the above combo. The Flir device will only fit the 5 and 5s.
  1. For those that have it already and have the combo: Please are you using the iPhone 5 or 5s combo & do you think the difference matters?
  2. For others who just have one of those phones: Do you think the difference between the 2 phones matts?
Sincerely,
Dale

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've heard it wasn't that great and was being over sold for its abilities and resolution. BUT I was with a group of cleaners last month and one of them had it and he was showing me pictures and they looked great. I didn't ask which model he had. ???

I think it could do well for the initial call and then go in with a big one later as you monitor.

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Yes-that's all I use IR's for, but then back it up with moisture meters. But how about the phones?

Sincerely,
Dale

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
i don't know, I don't have an iphone. My kids all have the iphones but I have android.

After seeing the way his operated I do wonder if we would be better served when our company phone contract renews to go with iphones. ??

But I also heard they will be making one for the android, just not sure how long before it comes out.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
When I talked to the Flir rep at Experience, he downplayed the ability of the IPhone + Flir attachment.

He flatly stated that for "professional applications" you needed the larger I series models.

Does anybody have both types to compare ??

Larry

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Larry that is what Lockhart told me too.

Lockhart said the Flir rep was frustrated that Flir was selling them and that the resolution would be so poor they would not compare.

However one of the owners from Courtesy Care had one and the pictures look plenty good enough to me. I questioned him on resolution and how pixelated it might be at a distance but the images he showed me were at 10-15 feet away from the affected area and they would have been good enough.

Maybe on commercial they may not be high enough quality but it sure looked good for residential.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I have yet to see one in person, but the sales rep did explain the whole lens level of quality and size and what could be expected by such a lesser quality and much lessor size chip and lense.

I think it would be fine for broad pics but not very great for detailed moisture hunting and cover your ass for litigation pics.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The images he showed me look as good as a real IR camera. I was impressed with the quality.

Trade that fancy iwatch in for an IR camera case for your iphone! :icon_razz:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Dan that was probably still the best deal for you. Where I see the iphone case is when you have multiple techs in the field and the cost to outfit each crew with an IR camera can become ridiculously expensive. Yet the value of having one makes it almost a have to.

The case can then be used by the mitigation crew and a larger format camera can come in during monitoring.

As an owner op I don't think the case would be as much value, I'd much rather have your E-4.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I agree with you Richard. If I had multiple trucks it would be a sure way of equipping multiple crews with the ability to do a preliminary inspection. The E-4 had worked very well for me and was affordable at less than $1000.00 bucks. I would of liked an E-6 for the better resolution and better IR detection as it's known for but my E-4 suits my needs.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi guys:

I have a Milawaukee 160 x 120 resolution IR camera. For me it's not a resolution thing, I'm interested in having the phone on my person when I need it. Still hoping for an answer on the diifferent iPhones.

Sincerely,
Dale

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom