Follow up with Bonnet??

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Okay so we did HWE on one of the office buildings last night, this is a fairly new account, I talked to Mike about some VCT tile back when we started to work up a bid on it...like a year ago.
So to the point, we checked it today and no spots wicked back, some of you may say the window in the top of the wand head is dumb but it really shows coffee, soda spills..even when they are not visible, my wife did the wand, (I would say she is a novice when it comes to swinging a wand but the window IS PROVING to be a very nice feature.) while I pre scrubbed PS in with buffer and solution tank application.
My question is even though none of the spots wicked back the carpet still has just a hint of tan (soil) color on top, carpet is a grey color.
This is by far one of my best paying accounts and when we checked on it today they were super happy, but..
I am very happy about the spills not wicking back but I think maybe a fast pass with a cotton bonnet and some encap juice might help just give it that little bit extra, what do you all think,
We made very good money, and we are not being asked to go back, Missy and I both just want to take it to that next level where the average guy is really going to have to step up the game to do better...you know what I mean?
So Yes or No about the bonnet

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've cleaned carpet for decades with no need for a window. However if a cleaner feels they need a window to be a competent cleaner then why not.

CGD has problems with HWE, a little time with a bonnet and some encap juice will definitely improve the appearance. We often clean CGD with a two step process, especially in heavy use areas.

Reactions: TConway

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We had two commercial jobs Friday at 2:00pm. Each crew took two Cimex's and and Orbot. They cleaned everything with the Cimex's and then Padded the entry ways to get all they could with the pads.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Yes, 3 of them. We hardly use them. Only in commercial cleaning because they are a pain in the ass to load onto trucks, don't maneuver easy when cleaning, and the vac doesn't suck up all the way. Still have to separately vacuum at the end.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Actually listing 2 of them on ebay since they hardly have any use. Would rather invest the sale of those into more Reliants. Used liberators are around $1,500 each, the new Reliants we buy are $2,600 w/5 year warranties.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
On nasty cgd we scrub with an orbital using micro beast pads. They agitate and remove dirt at the same time. Then we hwe. Before the vario we used the 175. Both work great. Being doing it this way over 20 years. With this method I don't think I've ever had to return to remove a wicking stain. The only thing we have changed is we were running an encap rinse. I do believe unlike some that it's better but it was clogging up our screens before the tools so I went back to fiber plus.

Gene

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The scrub goes BEFORE the extract

only time we post bonnet is when the subfloor is so uneven, the wand doesn't get good recovery due to lo spot skip overs

wicking is caused by technique problems
Lots of you have them ..that's why Ricky is rich and all the major chem makers sell pixie dust juices for the myiad of mOOnpies that can't figure it out

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

steve_64

[QUOTE="TConway, post: 4344993, member: 47692"
We made very good money, and we are not being asked to go back, Missy and I both just want to take it to that next level where the average guy is really going to have to step up the game to do better...you know what I mean?
So Yes or No about the bonnet[/QUOTE]
im assuming you want to know if you should go back. i wouldnt. if they are happy with the job wait till next time and wow them some more.

if anything give them a call after a few more days as another follow up and to see if there is anything more you can do for them.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
not there aren't poopies out there but CGD because it is glued and doesn't allow air flow is going to have the potential for some drying issues.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
but CGD because it is glued and doesn't allow air flow is going to have the potential for some drying issues.

it must be the choos...MINE not yours...

hqdefault.jpg

lta

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom