For Sale - Vortex $7000

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
For Sale - $7000 99 Vortex, 220k miles, truck drives, shifts good, no problem with diesel truck, new pto solenoid less than 2 weeks old, selling because pto needs to be rebuilt.
Lowered price for quick sale. Call/Text Bill at 5713323890 - Located in Sterling, VA

For Sale - Vortex $7000

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
If I was close and could drive over and get it I would. he is priced close in the neighborhood of reality, but this is too far away from me.

Reactions: tmdry

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I have put well over $4500 "trying to figure" out what this "project" needed.

One from a local distributor "said" they knew what to do with it (spent 2 grand w/ them and they still didn't fix it right), and I just spent another $1480 @ a local truck repair shop, where they put 10 hours fixing the other people's dumb shit work. That also included a new solenoid (300 bucks), plus the amounts of labor it took to put the pto and driveshaft back on, plus some of the wiring on the panel.

The diesel truck itself runs fine, I'm only trying to get what I paid for this truck, and cut my losses.

I had it for sale before, but I took it out because I took it to the truck repair shop "hoping" they would fix it, after the $1500 plus them telling it'll be another $700-1200 to rebuild/replace the pto, I deciced I no longer wanted to put more cash into this truck.

I have nothing to hide, if I was more mechanically inclined I would've had this done a long time ago.

I have 3 others trucks, plus personal vehicles.

The diesel will drive anywhere or there are companies that will transport the truck like www.uship.com I have no clue what they would charge.

Last edited:

Bjorn

Bill for 7K cleaners want a new wrap on the truck and in like new condition and fully loaded with 300 feet of new hose two Ti wands and a years worth of chemicals.

Reactions: tmdry

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
just a thought..but if the UD is in great shape and the PTO is already disconnected....then why not put a slide in inside it and make a good box truck unit out of it......you could probably make a few grand parting out the vortex parts............

I know of a guy in Dallas area that will buy anything......

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Sorry...for the right price in the Fort Worth area.......

( same hell...just a few miles apart...)...

Reactions: JS41035

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Everyone wants everything for nothing these days.

The idea of removing and putting a slide in has been thought already, having 2 other truckmounts and vans is already enough vehicles for me.

There are costs to remove and install everything, etc.

I already have 2 truckmounts in trucks that are working.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom