Ford Transit Fix

Name
Jason
IMG_20150209_123910_639.jpg

Check out my new Transit. I was told that a Prochem Machine could not be installed.
Goodrich Cleaning Supplies in Youngstown Ohio made a frame that fits perfectly. It worked so well that he is making them to distribute to all Prochem dealers. Should be available in a week or so. Same designed to fit Everest, Peak GTX or Apex GTX.

Attachments

• IMG_20150209_123752_390.jpg
    IMG_20150209_123752_390.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 361
  • IMG_20150209_123810_951.jpg
    IMG_20150209_123810_951.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_20150209_123838_017.jpg
    IMG_20150209_123838_017.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 311

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
That was probably the easiest fix to show all these crybaby naysayers that keep fighting the idea of these new up-to-date vans.

How many times did we say it here on the board that it's easy just slap a frame underneath and you're good to go.

What's funny is that Cobb and others say "nah you can't install blah blah blah " and I'm driving around seeing these Transits and Promasters all over the place.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Wow 67k is not bad at all for everything might be time to go shopping!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Not sure, it comes in gas too?

I'd think I'd have rino-lined the floor or rino-lined and then put down plywood over the floor before they did the install.

Not only will it provide a smooth surface to work out of but you'd also have rust protection, sound dampening and a little extra insulation from the cold.

Reactions: Bob Savage

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
Does anyone have the weigh limits for this van handy?
The one ton is 3800 pounds. There is a configuration I believe that allows 4000. Compared to the promaster 1/2 ton Which has a payload of 3800 pounds also. Weird.

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
That was probably the easiest fix to show all these crybaby naysayers that keep fighting the idea of these new up-to-date vans.

How many times did we say it here on the board that it's easy just slap a frame underneath and you're good to go.

What's funny is that Cobb and others say "nah you can't install blah blah blah " and I'm driving around seeing these Transits and Promasters all over the place.

I think others like myself said "Prochem Said you cant install it". Not you cant ever. Personally I clarified with Prochem was trying to find a Subframe manufacturer and until they did they said you couldnt install it.

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
there isnt huge jumps from 1500 to 3500 in either ford or dodge Joel.

but the suspension/break upgrades/everything else is sooooo worth it

Which I know that you know and know that I know you know I know

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We usually do the whole floor in plywood and then carpet it (shut up Marty!).

It gives you an nice flat surface for your knees, equipment and tools. We rino or bullhide the floor and up the walls a foot or so to protect from rust and corrosion. We all know its going to get wet, so why not address it at the beginning.

Make it so much quieter too! Well worth the extra expense in my opinion.

This is one of our box vans, it doesn't have the plywood floor because it already had a plant wood floor to begin with.

We just lined it and she was ready to throw the unit in.

2013-11-08_11-15-11_724_zps6bd2a5c9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Jason,
Welcome to Mikeysboard! You'll find this place a wealth of both technical and marketing information. When you get a chance, head over to the new member introductions thread and tell us a little about yourself, how long in business, is this your only truck or what else do you run? Resi and or commercial? Etc.

Also consider becoming a supportive member. There's a thread over there that explains.

Stick around! Lots of good stuff here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom