@#$$#&*(%$ Fuel Pumps!!!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Son of a....

Another fuel pump!

This one was put in just after Christmas plus sat for 23 days while in Florida.

5 fuel pumps past 12 months!

And have been replacing all wiring...

Pain in the @$$

We keep the tanks full after each day, and usually never let them get below half tank during the day.....

2011 GMC using AC DELCO stock parts. Some rumor info is they were having connectors made in Mexico that were too small for the amps.

My brother in law found it!

Wire connectors like we figured. He just told GM came out with new parts now, but no recall! He is also going to make sure ALL new wires and make sure grounded well.

Pony express won't arrive with parts until Wednesday... and wouldn't you know, we sure could use 2 vans right now!

2015-02-09 12.00.39.jpg

2015-02-09 14.50.30.jpg

2015-02-09 14.50.42.jpg

2015-02-09 14.50.51.jpg

2015-02-09 14.50.18.jpg

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
man that sucks! Hopefully you can manage with one for a bit.

Is there a heavier duty after market unit made?

Fuel pump is apparently just getting starved for electrical power and connectors shorting out. Hopefully they are addressing this with this newest updated wire harness for it coming

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

Lol..Mike...

Stop putting hard water softener water in your tank....

Reactions: Mark Saiger

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper

My head literally would have exploded after the THIRD time!

It's not like these vans are some old pos.

Reactions: Mark Saiger
Name
Lee Stockwell
Justin has two such Chevys.

Ford has electrical issues as well. I've had 2 hvac fan switches melt and catch fire. One did a bunch of damage 2 years ago.

gtech12v

I had a problem with a GMC safari two fuel pumps, easy fix after cutting the floor on top of the tank and making a pop out

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I had a 2002 that I had to replace 2 in 12 years and I was not happy with that. Plus a tow bill man that bites.
Good luck with the new wiring.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
[QGmcE="Mikey P, post: 4340587, member: 40098"]Is this a GMC issue or a CDS issue?[/QUOTE]

GMC issue

Cheap connectors

They just won't do a recall I have been hearing

CCWorks

Name
Greg
5 Fuel pumps going out in 12 months, tow bills and down time. Like a new tax on the working person.

Bryan S. Bennett

Supportive Member
Name
Central Steamer Professional Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
Sorry to hear about this Mark. Our 2005 Savanna is 10 years old and never replaced it once.

Have you checked your voltage to see if it's under powering the pump. This is way too costly of a problem to have, not to mention delayed or lost sales.

Name
Steve Lawrence
Cripes, Mark. Sorry to hear this. I've had similar issues with my GMC vans. Our 2010 is on its 4th fuel pump. Dealership says they are warranted for life and the next one is free except for labor.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Cripes, Mark. Sorry to hear this. I've had similar issues with my GMC vans. Our 2010 is on its 4th fuel pump. Dealership says they are warranted for life and the next one is free except for labor.

It is probably in the wiring harness going to the fuel pump.

They came out with this past month (well news to us anyway) a new parts number with larger wires and better connectors....BUT...The rest of the wires it is hooking too are still small.

My Brother in law replaced more wire with larger wire up to a better connecting point.

The connector is a bit different too.

WE are so hoping this is it....DANG!

Good thing we got it running for the afternoon as the last job went from $450 to $1100....and they would have kept adding more work I think too if it wasn't getting so late for them as well.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Thanks for cursing me Mark. Guess I'll be dropping a gas tank tomorrow. On the bright side she didn't strand me...

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Mark anytime I hear fuel pumps going out I go to wires. Pulling more than its getting causing it to burn up. I would make my own harness with that many being replaced.

Gene

glenboy

Name
GLEN
If I can recommend going to the GM dealer and buying a factory replacement....I went thru 2 Delphi OEM replacement pumps in 11 months...that was 6 years ago....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom