Getting a new APO System from Pembertons

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Bought one from Pembertons, Cant wait to install it. The system i have now isnt lasting (home made) and i need something with a bit more power for my large commercial accounts, so i bought a new system.

its like this one but coming from sapphire all ready for plug and play.

http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=AC12E

any tips on keeping it trouble free?

Name
Steve Lawrence
Hopefully you can install it so it is not pumping from the very bottom of your waste tank which tends to collect sludge that could clog your pumper.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Like Porkfabio said. It works great if you use it, its when you don't use it sludge builds up and causes you to have problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
my waste tank only ever gets a small amount of sand in the bottom, i rinse it often, and drain completely daily. i filter everything going into the tank via waste tank filter or cdv and waste tank filter.

J

JS41035

My apo on the apex was mounted right next to the Chem jug. Powder was spilled on it constantly. Ended up with wicked corrosion in the motor.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
It probably has a diaphragm which needs replacing every 500 hrs. Pump outs should be made like macerators
So they can chew up anything.

Gene

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have 2216 hours on my Hypro D30 and it is used every job...

I have the one Scott is buying on my 570..it has over 1000 hours on it...it is also used every job..

both are diagram pumps and both are plumbed to live reels and work like they are brand new...the whole key is to filter everything coming in and once a month..rinse out your waste tank and then fill it about half way with clean water and turn on the apo and flush it out....

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I have 2216 hours on my Hypro D30 and it is used every job...

I have the one Scott is buying on my 570..it has over 1000 hours on it...it is also used every job..

both are diagram pumps and both are plumbed to live reels and work like they are brand new...the whole key is to filter everything coming in and once a month..rinse out your waste tank and then fill it about half way with clean water and turn on the apo and flush it out....

I had the hypro unit and used it on every job. Somewhere after 600 hrs the diaphragm split and flooded the unit. It made a mess of the inside and I never bothered to fix it. Eventually I got some free time and took it apart. With some work I could probably fixed it but I dumped it instead. I still have the motor and stand. with the sapphire units ability to heat water so fast it can fill your tank pretty quick. If I hadn't replumbed the unit to dump into my 200 gal. fresh water tank I would want one again.

Gene

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I had the hypro unit and used it on every job. Somewhere after 600 hrs the diaphragm split and flooded the unit. It made a mess of the inside and I never bothered to fix it. Eventually I got some free time and took it apart. With some work I could probably fixed it but I dumped it instead. I still have the motor and stand. with the sapphire units ability to heat water so fast it can fill your tank pretty quick. If I hadn't replumbed the unit to dump into my 200 gal. fresh water tank I would want one again.

Gene

your Sapphire dumps that much hot water into your waste tank? Time to but on higher flow with your wand. let it benefit you not hinder you.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
so how do i hook up my apo when my water transfer pump takes up my aux breaker on my tm?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
your Sapphire dumps that much hot water into your waste tank? Time to but on higher flow with your wand. let it benefit you not hinder you.

Already pushing the limits of the solution line. There is no way to get a higher flow without going to a larger diameter hose. It's just water, who cares, I recycle it.

Gene

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I would hope the available APO options for a TM can handle solid debris better than the weeny pumps available on most portys, but all things being relative, proper filtering is essential to avoid this.......

2011-09-27_20-56-12_172 Diaphragm 1.jpg
2011-09-27_20-55-30_470 Diaphragm 2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom