GM and my fuel pumps! About time!!!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Finally seeing GM is acknowledging the problem!

Now I have to find all my receipts and get that going, but in most cases (even when they would not reimburse me) I have made calls and had case numbers started.

They also sent a letter about drivetrain issues too....

Waiting for them to acknowledge their problem with the suspension in this year (2011)

Also saw someone post that they have a 2012 and got same letter.....

What a hassle this has been!

Every other GM I have owned for my vans and Butlers....no problems like this one!

My 2008 GMC has been bullet proof....KNOCK ON WOOD!

2015-03-29 10.44.46.jpg

2015-03-29 10.44.53.jpg

2015-03-29 10.45.00.jpg

Attachments

• 2015-03-29 11.57.56.jpg
    2015-03-29 11.57.56.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 102

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Great, Mark. Perserverence pays off. I had a steering idler arm bracket break on my 2003 Express 2 years ago. Did some research and found that GM had a "secret recall" on these, IOW, they wouldn't address the problem unless customer brought it up. They were offering to repair the bracket up to 10 years or 100,000 miles, which included cutting it off, realigning it on the frame with a GM special jig/fixture, and welding the new bracket on. Only after I raised hell with the service manager and owner of dealership did any thing get done. I sent the dealer a list of the 50+ cars that me and or my family bought from him over the years.

Bitchin' makes it better!

Name
Steve Lawrence
Just got the scoop from my dealer. You need to send them the invoices, canceled checks or credit card receipts and fill out the form provided. You may make copies of the form if you have more than one claim. Apparently they will also reimburse us for tows even for the times it happened under warranty. I should be getting over 2k back!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Mark or any other of you PTO diehards..

How much does the constant running of the motor have to do with all the pump failures?

I had the same grief with my Butler

I have not had any problems with any of my other GMC and Butler combos....this is my first major problem child....

Maybe in 200,000 road miles and thousands of Butler hours, we have had to put in a new fuel pump....but that would be normal I would say....

This one has been a wiring issue...and finally GM is doing something about it for all he GM owners out there.

Name
Steve Lawrence
Mark or any other of you PTO diehards..

How much does the constant running of the motor have to do with all the pump failures?

I had the same grief with my Butler

My problems are only with my 2010. I have a 2004 and a 1996 on their original fuel pumps. Yes, the problem seems to be in the wiring.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Good to know.

So pre bailout models are more desirable..

Talking to someone who was an engineer I believe with GM, there was a time that GM is having the wiring harness for the Vans made in Mexico....and they did not make up to specs....

They were putting on too small of connectors for one and the connectors (and some wiring) cannot handle the amperage load being required....and there for burning out pumps and connectors...

So....I had a slight update done on my last installed fuel pump in January....and will keep my fingers crossed.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Had a recall on my 03 3500 for a filler neck corrosion. I paid I think $350 them got a letter from GM and they paid me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom