Got our but kicked today..2 broken parts same job

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Ok so the first job was supposed to be by description about 200$ or so..1 hr tops all carpet..
Cust sees results and adds the entire stinking house..556$ 3 hrs

That's puts us a tad behind for the 11-1 job that is a huge 909$ tile clean and clear seal job..

That job should have been 2-3 hrs tops..jim martins rapid pro seal saves us MASSIVE time sealing

Well 25% into the job I get a call saying the turbo isn't spinning..they checked everything and can't figure it out..I run over there and after trouble shooting determine its the swivel where the t-bar attaches on the bottoms of the machine..its spins super slow or not at all

Ok I haul ass across town to get the turbo off the other truck and run it back to original job..get them fired up and decide to hang out a bit to try to catch them up..about 15 mins later my guy says..no flow to tool at all..

We start at the top of the tool and determine the elbow swivel went bad and won't allow water to pass through the elbow..

So I take the elbow off the original turbo and fire them up..man the 2 rarest things that can break on the turbos both break..pissed me off

Wha are the chances of that crap happening

Ok I'm don't bitching now lol

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
i would have a hard time using a tile wand over a spinner..but im open to improvement..is it a better tool or just a back up tool? tell me grasshopper

thanks

Mikey P

Administrator
Not "better" as in deeper cleaning but on a lot of jobs its all you need.

Edges, under kick boards, stairs, corners

Every one but Marty should have one imo.

And mo is the one that matters here.

Reactions: davegillfishing

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Now I'm getting a PMF tile wand. Is that the best one Mikey? And what one exactly should I look for?

Last edited:
Name
Nate W.
I think it's from all that RO water... It wears out the spinners...:stir:

On the other hand, that really sucks... Sorry it happened to you...

J

JS41035

Same thing happened in August. Both turbo hybrids went out within an hour of each other. One swivel on the head. The other blew a hose. Years of abuse and no problems. Then they both go out in a day. Used a gekko for a day and swapped parts around to get one hybrid working. Ironically the gekko handle broke a couple days later.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Yea we do tile 2-3 times a day 5 days a week. A little warning of some sort would have been nice lol

But the money they have made us I can't complain

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Looks like I did well winning one in the auction. Can't wait to try it out.
Just had a valve on my ti wand start to leak, had to order one from westpak today

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I will third or fourth the pmf tile tool. I saw mikey mention it on here about 2 years ago and bought one. I prefer it over the spinner. I don't have to bring two tools in the house and it may be a little slower than a spinner but not enough to matter on most resi jobs. I scrub all my tile so mostly I use it to rinse not clean. Since I have bought two more and getting a tech to pull that tool off the truck instead of a spinner has helped upsells a lot.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Damn it. My turbo quit working today, must be something going around. :)

Started off fine and then just lost pressure. I suppose it must be one of the swivels. Finished the job up with my greenhorn.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom