Greasy, Grimy

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Greasy, Grimy....oh my.

This one gave us a run for our money last night.

Has been 10 months since they had the carpets done.

They spent money on a kitchen remodel and additional equipment, so carpets got put off the the side...and this is CHEAP carpet!

Had all the tools off the truck and few other chems to try....

Ended up being a lot of wear coming out of one of the Kitchen spots....

Some areas we were able to spray on go...other areas just faster with some CRB agitation...Red pad, Rotovac 360 XL....no matter what the tool....was just plain tough!

2015-03-01 20.53.12.jpg

2015-03-01 19.21.17.jpg

2015-03-01 20.37.04.jpg

2015-03-01 20.17.40.jpg

2015-03-01 20.01.29.jpg

2015-03-01 19.59.49.jpg

2015-03-01 20.24.13.jpg

2015-03-01 20.09.57.jpg

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Looks good Mark, I just did one like that today. Unfortunately i didn't video it.

I feel for ya.....I am still a bit tired yet today....4 hours of sleep and then was out hitting it again this morning.

I am feeling lucky right now as I am starting to get some nice bookings early already....

Sure hoping for a great season....Already better than last year at this time@

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
In the U.S. is carpet still the most common floor covering in restaurants ?

It is a fairly common products as part of the floor coverings up here in the Northern parts of the US. There are places though that hard surfaces are in places, but for us, quite a bit of carpet

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I wish you would have side by side with the Rotovac xl

Unfortunately, the camera battery didn't survive and we were getting behind on getting done and getting the night help out. Was a really bad carpet and uneven floors.

The CRB and Zipper combo ended up being best combo on this one... But it challenged everything!

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
We did use the Rotovac 360 XL on our first job this morning. Prevaced out a ton and also found carpet fresh... Lots of debris and it really shined on this one today

20150302_092425.jpg

20150302_090637.jpg

hydracat

I worked my ass off in a restaurant like that one night for a friend who had a heart attack and couldn't do it but didn't want to lose the account. Used the 175, the 360. 175 then 360. ( original 360 ) got her clean than burned to the ground a month later.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I use flex on the nasy carpets, bio break works ok if you let it dwell For a while, I've been finding out that clean free works well for restaurants that don't have a spoiled layer of grease, grungegone from groom is also a huge hitter on the nasty ones.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I try to keep my chemical selection short to keep from confusing my employees.
Are you sure you're a carpet cleaner? Most guys buy what ever is marketed well that month or pushed by their distributor as the real "Silver Bullet".

Brand loyalty is rare and bathtub chemistry is rampant! A dash if this, a couple ounces of that and a splash of 40vol. Two or three different brands all mixed with solutions that were never intended to be mixed together. Special sauce! :lol:

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I've pretty much gone by what other people say about a product, and then order 1 then if I like it I order a 5 gallon pail.

My distributor is pembertons and not once has anyone there told me anything but the truth about a product. Jim pemberton has always made fantastic recommendations on products.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Are you sure you're a carpet cleaner? Most guys buy what ever is marketed well that month or pushed by their distributor as the real "Silver Bullet".

Brand loyalty is rare and bathtub chemistry is rampant! A dash if this, a couple ounces of that and a splash of 40vol. Two or three different brands all mixed with solutions that were never intended to be mixed together. Special sauce! :lol:

Mark Saiger

Reactions: Mark Saiger

hogjowl

Idiot™
I've pretty much gone by what other people say about a product, and then order 1 then if I like it I order a 5 gallon pail.

My distributor is pembertons and not once has anyone there told me anything but the truth about a product. Jim pemberton has always made fantastic recommendations on products.

If I was closer, Pembertons would be my new TCS.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Jim has taught me a huge amount of stuff, and I consider him a very good friend. You will enjoy his class. Don't forget that if you need something call ahead so they can have it ready for you. You should see if he can show you a brush pro, I love mine, I clean apartments and houses with it when its too cold to run my tm. Or on problematic wicking spots on commercial, or to clean some commercial carpets, or to scrub stuff. Haha
I'm probably heading to Pembertons on Friday to check out his spotting class. Good people there. Just a PITA to get there.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Hopefully I'll be heading down there soon. I always get a checkup done on my machine before the busy season hits. And usually blower oil changed and water pump oil changed, descaling, etc.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom