Hose management

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I showed the new guy how to take the solution line off and take it in. Three jobs later I let him do it. I took in the vacuum and came back out. He had made a birds nest out of 150'. I said ok now what. Oh, I'll just take it to the master and work back. Ok, I'll leave you to it. I come in with the zipper and the sprayer and he walks past with no solution line. He Left the entire wad in the room and was coming out for more. Aaaaaah. I spent a couple of minutes at the end of the day at my house trying, and I mean trying, to teach him to roll up a 50' length of solution. Then my wife came over and showed him. He couldn't do it. He's going to school this September to become a paramedic.

Gene.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I almost couldn't hang with this whole carpet cleaning thing back in the day because I wasn't taught proper hose management.

It's so important, especially when you're alone!

Name
Lee Stockwell
I hate the way most handle their solution hoses...it's so embarrassing to watch.

We CARRY in a small reel with 100' of hose to the far point of the job, with the HF, and just walk it back to the truck. NEVER in a pile, NEVER drag it.

I carry three 100' reels of solution hose, and three 50' reels of 3/8" water feed hose, all in a bracket at the side door facing the TM. HF hangs right there as well.

The solution hose is clearly marked at the 50' point so there's no question about vacuum hose positioning.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I hate the way most handle their solution hoses...it's so embarrassing to watch.
We CARRY in a small reel with 100' of hose to the far point of the job, with the HF, and just walk it back to the truck. NEVER in a pile, NEVER drag it.

I agree, Lee!

Most guys grab an end(hose) and start running...:hopeless:

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I roll enough up In my hand and then start walking and dropping. I rarely miss anymore. On really long runs I roll it all up and drop At the farthest point.

Gene

Reactions: Desk Jockey

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Didn't they report that ever since they taught Nate how to manage his hose, they've had nothing but problems with their female clients?

Last edited:

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Let him practice for a while in a parking lot or somewhere else other than on, and under the pressure of a live job until he gets the hang of it.

"Repetition is the mother of all skill" ........Tony Robbins

Make siren sounds and tell him to pretend he's running one long IV.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Let him practice for a while in a parking lot or somewhere else other than on, and under the pressure of a live job until he gets the hang of it.

"Repetition is the mother of all skill" ........Tony Robbins

Make siren sounds and tell him to pretend he's running one long IV.

We were rolling up the 50' at my house. We were trying to teach him how. He never did get it.

Gene

Latest posts

Latest Auctions

Back
Top Bottom