how do you deal with DYS residues?

Mikey P

Administrator
Lets say your new customer has waned their carpet more than three times by themselves, each time rinsing with the prescribed detergents...

As usual, the carpet is filthy, streaked and sticky

What's your process?

Name
Nate W.
Give the number to the cleaner on your shit list....... :stir:

Nah, I only have 1 customer like that... We just clean it like normal... I'd take 2 cleanings to get it up to par... We educate her on the proper way to clean it... Rinse with fresh water while using her Rug Doctor... Doesn't seem to listen, but to each their own...

Ron K

I also clean as normal but educate them on what to do, less chemical clear water rinse and also that we would need to clean in the next three to six months to remove any remaining residue then they could expect to see longer times between needed cleanings.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Clean as normal most times Which includes prevac, prespray, agitate, clean as needed and a lot of times we end up using an Alkaline based cleaner up here for out soils.

Sometimes acidic rinse to stabilize if see some pretty bad residue and spots.

Today, I had to osr and water claw a couple spots as I was pretty sure I would be back otherwise.

Flush as well as possible and DRY STROKE a lot more!

Name
Lee Stockwell
Seldom happens any more.

Rinse and extract until I don't see foam at the impact line, then once more.

Gotta love sodium lauryl sulfate.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Flush it a bit more, run an acid rinse and have plenty of defoamer!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Since it already has tons of detergent residue, usually no need to pre-spray. Just a very good flushing rinse (Could be acidic). And as others mentioned a good defoamer likely to be needed.

I do check the bottom of the carpet before cleaning for potential soil saturation issues. If bottom of carpet is excessively saturated and I may have to correct streaking or potential wicking issues, I will charge more as it is a restoration job.

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
I agree with Ofer, no need for much if any prespray

Had one today where I used my Magic Potion Neutral rinse in my Hydroforce to lube it up

then rinsed with Endzone

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
JHC, is this a trick question? See this all time. Customer has loaded the pile with tons of Rug Doctor goo or Home Depot Zep or even Kirby Encap. Load your TM jug with your favorite juice or powder but dial it back to half what you normally inject. Lay out some little scoops of de-foamer and rinse out the dam carpet. You'll find it's like the customer already pre-sprayed for you. Or you can analyze the situation till the 2nd coming...

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Half my normal pre spray ratio, and pull out the wand with the most flow, I keep two on the van, pc4 6 flow westpak14 12 flow
Do my normal cleaning and that is determined by how trashed the carpet is that I am looking at. Prescrub, roto vac, just a wand.

Name
Andy McFadden
rinse master from chemisters is made for these situations. It will wash the soap out real easy and kill the foam. I always carry a gallon on me for when I get a real bad residue job, or those jobs where they put down 50 gallons of resolve all over the place.

Just use it in place of your normal rinse and problem solved.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
rinse master from chemisters is made for these situations. It will wash the soap out real easy and kill the foam. I always carry a gallon on me for when I get a real bad residue job, or those jobs where they put down 50 gallons of resolve all over the place.

Just use it in place of your normal rinse and problem solved.

Best product for those rare situations.
I never carry defoamer anymore.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That is ironic.

Years ago we bought by the 50lb box, can't say when we last bought a jar.

We would flush it thoroughly with a powerhead. Fortunately now days its just spots and not an over all condition.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
sorry Mike, man of your experience I thought it was a loaded question.

Happens all the time, little de-foamer and rinse normal.

p.s. I'm not that dam grumpy......

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I prespray as usual and flush the heck out of it. Mrs. Piff is usually amazed cuz all that crud was attracting so much dirt.

braden

Name
Braden bell
If any spots appear discolored I inform customer and pre rinse those spots so they no they did it not me

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom