how many of you guys work on branding your company?

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
i mean direct and deliberate branding..when someone sees my logo or hears my company name they think 1 thing..quality and customer service

we work very hard daily for that in a specific and direct way..

just wondering how many people work on that and see or dont see the importance of branding

Reactions: Mark Saiger

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
testimonials and comments from new customers..no one gets booked without answering a few questions then when the guys go out or me if its a estimate they are asked in a very polite and inviting way what they expect out of us as a company..90% of the time we are told that our reputation speaks for itself and our best efforts and all thats expected..not in those exact words but through conversation with the customer..

i work with the guys to listen and look for and listen for certain things all the time so we know we are on track and keep with our company reputation..dont get me wrong..we have pissed off more than 1 person lol..we are not perfect but we sure as heck try to be and when someone is not happy my cell hone rings immediately so i can deal with it and fix the problem if its fixable

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Never. I must be doing something right. I'm listed as a preferred vender on nearly every neighborhood that has an internal website. Customers did it on their own, never asked once.

Gene

Reactions: Art Kelley

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
I ask residential customers to leave reviews and it's paying off. I pay an seo company but most of my non referral calls come from yelp and Google reviews. Building a good reputation is very important to me.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
I agree..you can't ask to be listed or ask for testimonials..that's like asking a girl for a kiss..she ether wants to and does or gets guilted into it..

We don't ask for reviews ever bit we do ask what's expected of us to be sure we can meet their expectations so we don't let them down..

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
sounds like a good idea but then I'd have to grow. Codys now 1 1/2 in and a great worker. Currently my longest full time guy. I can't seem to keep people. Must be me. We do work some brutal long hours. Could be the reason. Ok no it's me.

Gene

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
I do tell people reviews are great for us. I do a great job and like making money. I don't stand over them or offer incentives for reviews. Online reviews are being used more and more by people for finding services.

Reactions: davegillfishing

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Dave you'll love Mark Saiger's presentation he does an amazing job presenting.

You'll witness his passion and enthusiasm for branding his company. He has tried lots of things over the years and readily shares them with you.

You'll get many great ideas from him. Some even low budget that only take a little effort. I really enjoyed his presentation at MF10. :cool:

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Do you need a fancy logo, company color, uniform and radio jingle to be considered well branded, or is a stellar reputation associated with your name alone enough?
As competitive as the market place is now days. I think you need both.

Why give away work that choose the flash & polish until they become dis-satisfied with them. It will just take them longer before they finally find you.

I'm not greedy I just want the good ones! My competition can have the others. :icon_twisted:

Last edited by a moderator:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Well we have brand and then identity.

Identity is the fancy smancy stuff mikey is talking about.
Brand is what people think of you when they see it.

Are you a PIA to deal with? (rhetorical )
Does it take you 2 weeks to schedule a job?

These are the type of things people think about when you send a reminder card. Past experiences....

just my useless, unqualified opinion.

A.J.

Name
A.J. Hodges
Depends on if you're in a large or small market.

Small market is more about a good brand. All you have to have is a name, a card and a sign on your truck. I swear it's almost as if the fancier you get the more people feel like they might be getting ripped off lol. Good work travels fast by word of mouth.

Large market is more about identity. You need the best internet presence. Perfect image. Your branding will come from google reviews and how well your website feels.

Of course why not just have both as good as possible?

Last edited:

Ron K

sounds like a good idea but then I'd have to grow. Codys now 1 1/2 in and a great worker. Currently my longest full time guy. I can't seem to keep people. Must be me. We do work some brutal long hours. Could be the reason. Ok no it's me.

Gene
Gene I'm not saying this to be snide but maybe you should treat your Employees like you do your Customers. People come for the money but thats not why they stay. I am know way an expert on employees we only have two one part the other full time. I'd love to hear what Dave Gill does, not just money!

Mikey P

Administrator
Gene I'm not saying this to be snide but maybe you should treat your Employees like you do your Customers. People come for the money but thats not why they stay. I am know way an expert on employees we only have two one part the other full time. I'd love to hear what Dave Gill does, not just money!

Come MFE...

Chris A

Name
Chris
I just try and let as many people as I can know that I'm Excel and we clean carpet (and tile, and rugs, and furniture. ..)

Reactions: Art Kelley

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Mike only 1 is family..the others have become overnthenyears but not

2 guys will get a piece of the pie..family largest and other 1/2 of that

Joey 5k into branding will do nothing..it's a long term investment and has to be worked on every single job and everything you do

Branding consists of the Little things to the print on your van

It's a lifestyle for your company not something you market its something you do and it follows you and is expected by customers

Reactions: Shane Deubell

Joe Appleby

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
I've seen too much money and time spent on a business card, logo, company color, shirt or
wrap to create a brand than a good piece of direct mail or some donuts for a local property manager.
You are correct Dave, 5k into branding will do nothing, but it buys plenty of donuts.

Last edited:

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
its a long term plan..not one single of my commercial accounts could be taken from us..how do i know this? because we are told all the time who comes
knocking and how many free cleanings have been offered to get the accts..

everything i do i think about my employees and how it affects them, the business, our image
then i think abut today, next week next year and 10 years..the long term brand is what allows is to keep 2 trucks very busy with 0 advertising dollars spent
other than post card reminders to 6 month and 1 year customers..

its a very long term process but sets you up for a solid stable company not one that looses business every time a low baller comes to town..

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill

man the perks and RESPECT my guys get are scary lol..

take the truck whenever they want, use the gas card to get fuel as needed..not always but if they are short and need to
use the company card and fill up, work trades for them (they do the work without pay but trade the service value) paid vac and sick days
random cash bonuses, just lots of respect but HUGE HUGE HIGH expectations and returned respect..these guys make me a TON of money and
never cause problems..they protect me at all angles even from other employees (had a new guy planning on changing his check and i knew about it before he deposited
his check..arrested the next morning) they were going to pound him but i said not to lol

customers offer them cash to add a area rug..they do the rug and bring me the cash..most of the time i hand it straight back to them..

create a positive fun work environment and watch your business grow while you play more..mike sees my fb page..he can tell you..i run the truck 1-2 times a month or when someone
needs off..or when its time to train someone..other than that im fishing, volunteering or doing a fun raiser or something..position your guys to grow and move into spots pay them well and respect
their work and decisions..

dont get me wrong..i have gone through my share of guys..figure it out fast and dump them!!

Name
Lee Stockwell
I feel you should treat your best employees BETTER than your customers.

However you must add the flip side: Your best employees will treat your customers like GOLD.

Reactions: Russ T.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom