How many of you would like to test a Zipper for two weeks?

Mikey P

Administrator
We did this years ago and to be honest, it didn't go over all that well. Many, myself included didn't have the proper work lined up to really give it a go. Also, the Zipper was very new back then and some closed minded people who don't do enough commercial were using it and not commenting (myself included)

Now that the tool has been proven through the likes of Cintas, the JMA award, Jeeper's three thumbs up and a score of other people here including saving Captain America's life, it may be worth it to Eric to do another loaner program. phew! (sorry Bill)

If you're interested in doing a demo please state your case here.

Reactions: Erik and Russ T.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Would you get to keep it if you liked it? Last time I had to send it to you because it was up for auction.

Two weeks might be long enough if you don't have the jobs you want to use it on coming up. We demo'd it on residential but never had the opportunity to try it out on commercial.There just wasn't any commercail work in the time we had it here.

How about a 12-months demo and if it doesn't work out I send it back to Erik? :winky:

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
We would.....because it's the only way I can usually get John to buy outside his comfort zone. Using is believing....but old habits are hard to break. And once on board he usually says "I can't believe I didn't get this sooner....."

I've been telling him about all the hype and awesome posts about the Zipper. He was looking forward to getting his hands on one at Mikey Fest, but it just isn't the same as using it in the field.

I've seen pics on here of it being used residentially....that is mostly what we do. But from the intro on this post I'm sensing it's more for commercial. Do tell?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I'd put one to work and give honest feedback from a one man show perspective. Very seriously considering buying one anyway but this would be great. It would definitely help to know ahead of time to try to use it in a few different scenarios. I think 2 weeks would be plenty for me to put it through its paces.

I do some apartment turns for some larger, empty units where I'm curious about its production time. Apartment work is cut throat and I'm always interested in trying tools to cut my time and effort.

I'm really concerned if it would hold the heat with such a high flow? My Cleanco is great but I stick with a 6 flow wand to hold heat and optimize clean ability. Maybe this will be a non issue???

Looks like it might be pretty easy to train someone on too. I really am pushing to hire help in the Spring.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
We can use it every night on commercial jobs.

Would love to try that bad boy out on the Airport, now that is a test!

Reactions: Mark Saiger
I have seen the videos and to me the wand handle looks like it would be the most versatile especially for someone that is mostly doing residential. The T handle looks nice but it also looks like it would not be ideal for most jobs. I would love someone who has used both to comment.

Reactions: Russ T.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I really want to try one myself. I've got a big commercial job that we are trying to get tooled up for. I'm hoping that the Zipper will work like we'd like but I would rather try it first.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
If anyone ever wants to get together with me (I know I'm out in the sticks) this is an open invitation!

I really would love to get to Iowa to let Russ T try it

Even if we meet up in southern MN,I am game!

So, if anyone is ever in the area (even the State of MN) get a hold of me .

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I kinda want to check out your digs Saiger!

Maybe some microbrews and Yeti spotting in northern MN?!?!

Of course if you came down here, you could see my sweet garage I'm renting ;-). Don't think I wouldn get you poking around in my Cleanco a little while your here too. Maybe get in on some Cimex and RotoVac love!

Either way, we will make it happen!

J

JS41035

Are you going to the Fest in FL Justin?
Well I haven't implemented even 10% of the information I got last year. But I'll go.
I figure at some point these really successful people are gonna figure out that they shouldn't be giving all of this amazing information away for free.
Just wish it was back in California. I would have loved to take my wife back out there.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Well I haven't implemented even 10% of the information I got last year. But I'll go.
I figure at some point these really successful people are gonna figure out that they shouldn't be giving all of this amazing information away for free.
Just wish it was back in California. I would have loved to take my wife back out there.

Not sure if you have been to Clearwater Beach, but I don't think it will disappoint you guys....

Will be great seeing you in person again as well :)

Reactions: JS41035

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I've got some great commercial properties to try it out on. I've been "hoodwinked" on a few other items that everyone says were sooooo great. They collect dust in my shop. And they double as coat hangers. The Cimex....well, I was already renting one from a local competitor, so I knew what it would do for me. It was a great buy for me. And as for the Seal-A-Door, it was pretty self selling, and not a big investment.
As for the Zipper, I have a growing list of properties that are in carpet tiles, and if the Zipper can clean and super dry these tiles, it would be a great investment. I am down to being just a single operator with occational help, so if the Zipper would make cleaning easier, that would be a plus.
As you know, carpet tiles (most) have a solid rubber, or non-porous backing, making drying a little bit harder, since there is only top-over air circulation. Think your tiles are drying quick? Go back the next day with a moisture meter and check them. Of course, air movers will speed the drying time.
Send one here Eric, and I'll probably just send you a check.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
What tools do you regret buying Bob?
Conqueror pad machine. Padding was all the rage back in early 2000's. Bought it, tried it, didn't really fill the need that a good HWE filled. I'm not knocking it, just didn't like the comments my custys made as to "what the hell is that thing gonna clean"? I've had jobs where it was a handy tool. Quality wise, it didn't last long. Mechanical parts just didn't get it, especially the handle release. That was a $2500 investment back then, and I don't feel it had much of a ROI. I'm rebuilding it now to use with the Cimex, or for small commercial spotting on some contracted jobs. I'm at a loss as to how any cleaner is willing to spend $5500 on the new spinners, and even that one is replaced with one that is selling for $8000 or more? I see history repeating itself here.

Another tool was the first Roto-vac. Sure, it was a cool tool, and it was great on plush and shags. But it was slow, heavy, and not very useful on CGD's.

The RX20, slow speed, was a neat tool for apartment and filthy commercial carpets, but a heavy PITA to haul around, load and unload.

Just my opinion. Many here and on FB carpet pages have made, so it seems, a great living out of padding.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I've got some great commercial properties to try it out on. I've been "hoodwinked" on a few other items that everyone says were sooooo great. They collect dust in my shop. And they double as coat hangers. The Cimex....well, I was already renting one from a local competitor, so I knew what it would do for me. It was a great buy for me. And as for the Seal-A-Door, it was pretty self selling, and not a big investment.
As for the Zipper, I have a growing list of properties that are in carpet tiles, and if the Zipper can clean and super dry these tiles, it would be a great investment. I am down to being just a single operator with occational help, so if the Zipper would make cleaning easier, that would be a plus.
As you know, carpet tiles (most) have a solid rubber, or non-porous backing, making drying a little bit harder, since there is only top-over air circulation. Think your tiles are drying quick? Go back the next day with a moisture meter and check them. Of course, air movers will speed the drying time.
Send one here Eric, and I'll probably just send you a check.

As for just turning 62 and plan to clean for another 5 years or so, health permitting, the Zip seems to fill the need for a truely one-pass clean and dry tool. Physically, I can clean with the younger ones, and at times, keep cleaning while they're looking for a place to sit and rest! I make em go buy the coffee while I keep the job going. Call me crazy, but I truely enjoy going out every day to clean. I like the excersise that I get from pushing that wand, or now, the Cimex! I have same age friends that retired from GM when I did, and they are falling into health problems from lack of activity. I'll clean till I drop.

For those that have never worked an assembly line, it's at times, grueling work. Long, non-stop hours, hot, humid plants, smells and odors. Lot's of "forced" overtime, especially during model changes. I never bitched about the money....great wages and benefits, and now retired with a good pension and benefits. I decided early in the 70's NOT to be stuck on the "line" forever. I worked my way into relief operator, then online repair, then onto "utilityman", and finished up with material driver. And on top of that, I ran my carpet cleaning business, and raised a family of 6 kids. So I never really have had a break in working. And I managed to avoid the pitfalls of factory work.....drugs, alchohol, affairs....which many of my co-worker fell victim to. Ruined a lot of lives and families. The extra work kept me right=side up!

Ask Meat about the auto factory work. He's been there, done that.

Last edited:

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I own the larger one but would but would like to try one of the 13 inch models with the idea I would purchase it if I like it for residential if I like it. The larger on is great for commercial but I am
not sure of the mobility of it in homes.

Mark Roberts

You should send the zipper to me for its first international debut.

Then we would all know if it's a truly world changing tool.

And if it's as good on residential as they say it is for commercial.

Mark

Reactions: rwcarpet

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
drugs, alchohol, affairs.
Ask Meat about the auto factory work. He's been there, done that.

UAW car plants ....
besides the money, the "drugs and alcohol" was my favorite part .
never was one to cheat on Joni though...flirt like hell, but kept Peedy in the pantz

..L.T.A.

Reactions: rwcarpet

Mark Roberts

I'm in Belfast in Ireland. The home of many of your ancestors.

In fact a good reason to send me a zipper for free!!

Mark

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom