How to clean human waste?

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
Weird situation, but I have to clean up human waste tomorrow off of nylon cut pile carpet. Any ideas or advice for best results???

It's a large area, multiple stains. Stains are approx. 48 hours old. And yes, I will be gloved and hazmatted up so I don't make contact!!!

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I clean for a 104 year old lady where this is a reoccurring problem. I see her about every 2-3 weeks.

Scrape off and vacuum up as much solids as possible. Then spray w 30-40 vol. hydrogen peroxide and rinse away. consider using warm water instead of Hot water. might have to repeat several times.
Good Luck.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Cold water works best. Pretreat with peroxide based cleaner and flush. We always use a rotary and clean our way in. Common problem here along with blood. It's a protein stain so cold works best but the peroxide will remove it even with heat

Gene

Mikey P

Administrator
yep, get the chunkage off, 40 vol soak while you set up, enzyme PS, rinse like mad.

spritz some parfume on the areas when done.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Bad deal.....powemax the hell out of it and rinse like hell.

Or wear the space suit and do all the shit that goes on with worrying about biohazzards(that's me doing a little cya)

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Human waste? As in pooooo and peeeee? Or human waste as in dead human removed from carpet and left particles and stains?

Reactions: GaryUK
Name
BradFenstermaker
I always flick the corn into a pile first. Then it's fun to vacuum up.

I agree on cold water or atleast warm.
Most important is going in first with deodorizer.
That poo will gag a maggot. LOL

Grab Odoban at Ace or Home Depot if you have no deo

hogjowl

Idiot™
Since I started using 40 vol., I no longer worry about hot vs cold water. Just yesterday, we had a job with a bunch of dog poop. As many of you know, I am teaching my son how to clean carpets. (Since Mikey isn't around to do it right.) I didn't say anything to him about it, but sprayed half with 40 vol before prespraying with PowerMax and the other half I just presprayed with the PM. He noticed the difference and asked me why some stains came out so easily and the others didn't.

It's fun to look smart.

Shut up, Tac0.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
smiley-shocked002.gif

Reactions: Mark Saiger

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
Yes it is shit we are talking about, not body parts.....and Brad, I will keep in mind the flicking of the corn!

Name
BradFenstermaker
How did the poo steaming go Curt??
This post jinxed me, had a uh uh diahrea call this afternoon.

No corn

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I ran a kennel and there are many ways to clean poop. truck mount may be the easiest. Concrete BLEACH /carpet Vol 40 pre spray wait, wait a little longer, extract.
Don't dump in front of your house.

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
it went just fine. Blasted with Cobb's Powermax and let dwell. Rinsed about 5 times. At the very end there was one little stain. Hit it with Stain Magic, and about 3 hours later when I checked it was completely gone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom