How would you test this floor depth?

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
Half-inch hardwood, 3/4 treated plywood, two by tens spaced with foam board on a slab above the parking garage. Apartments above.

Water in area without rotted wood. No smell after opening. How old is this flood?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 340
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 334
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 353
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 340

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
i too am confused. Mold jobs should NOT have fans on it! Where is the air scrubber?
you say no rotted wood but we clearly see rotted wood.
what are you asking?

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
Consulting firm came in and charged $1000 for an overnight mold test. No mold found…
That is why there are fans and LGR's on the job.

If the floor was not cut out, how would you test for moisture? Knowing the sickness of the floor and subfloor what is your answer?

On a sidenote: With all the variables that go into flood restoration I'm a little shocked at all of the assumption made on this board simply by looking at a pictures...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If you knew there was a problem with floor you could use a probe meter. If the depth is beyond normal pins you could use welding rods. I'd pull base in an area so as not to damage the floor.

So did moisture defuse though the concrete to condensate in the flooring and cause the damage? Or was there a water incident there?

No microbial activity would tell me its very old.

I wouldn't be shocked by anything from this board! LOL

Its never personal but there are so many individuals here with different skill levels, you never really know who you're talking to until you know them better.

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
Very good! The rotted wood is 40 years old. The contractor who put in the new floor failed to remove it. I think he might be in trouble… Of course you're the moderator, you'll always be nice. Humanity never shocks me, especially in the world of surface cleaning

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
If you knew there was a problem with floor you could use a probe meter. If the depth is beyond normal pins you could use welding rods. I'd pull base in an area so as not to damage the floor.

So did moisture defuse though the concrete to condensate in the flooring and cause the damage? Or was there a water incident there?

No microbial activity would tell me its very old.

I wouldn't be shocked by anything from this board! LOL

Its never personal but there are so many individuals here with different skill levels, you never really know who you're talking to until you know them better.
Limited information. no answer to probing questions and we get blasted! lmao - yep it's Mikey's board for sure

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Wow to the no microbial growth and kudos and a plus to whoever is covering themselves by calling in the consultants for possible protocol and liability transfer.

That was done correctly.

How is the contractor going to be held liable 40. Years after the fact?

I was in breckenridge last week and looked you up as I thought you lived in vail, but upon googling you you are in aspen.

Reactions: dwellpro

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
Was there no vapor barrier covering the concrete originally?
They had a water issue so they poured a 2 inch slab on top of the exterior grade and angled it. The water flows underneath the 2 inch barrier and into the dwelling. No membrane or anything.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom