I can't wait for Thanksgiving

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Thankfully we are closed Thursday, Friday, and Sunday this week. Since Thursday last week to today, we received 180 calls for appointments. We could only book about 65 of those with our 2 trucks and 3 guys working from 7am to 8pm. Now I just want to eat a TG dinner, watch the 49ers beat the Seahawks and sleep for 2 days. Enjoy your Thanksgiving and the time off!

Becker

Name
Becker
Niners beat up the hawks huh?

Should be a fun game.

1/2 day tomorrow back at it for a steady week monday.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Looking forward to it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We've getting killed the last few weeks. We worked both Saturday and Sunday . We are off Thursday but come in late Friday and work all evening and Saturday. We just can't get caught up, work is stacking up.

We got a call just before closing and have 7-bank branches to complete next week. December is going to be a busy one. Oh well, the snow will fly soon and we will wish we could have done more. :biggrin:

Becker

Name
Becker
I gave the boys off Thursday to Tuesday. I'll work Saturday by myself.

But Monday is looking rough for this old gimp so I think I'll hit one up for some help.

I find myself more and more willing to bring in help on the bigger days. My tech has the week off. Hurt to allow, but he and his wife are going to visit his oldest in California. Can't reject that.

Next year I think I will have a helper on my van most day. Dual wand more.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Becker

Name
Becker
I do most days 4 jobs.

80-90 a month.

Jack hammering ( home flipping )caused me golfers elbow, both arm. No time to heal it, so I live with it.

Either adding a helper and shooting for 5 a day, or dropping back to 3 avg sized jobs a day.

Reactions: WillS

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
4 jobs a day by yourself is rough. I hate being on the single person truck when its my turn. lol We are hiring 2 part time positions which will eventually be full time when the 3rd truck is added, hopefully this March-April. We do approx. 120 homes a month. 6 days a week/3-4 jobs per truck/per day. I'm thinking with the part time employees (hopefully we get them hired by next week) we can start booking appointments at 7am, and book last appointments at 6pm. This way we can get 5-6 jobs in a day. We now book 9am and book the last one at 5pm. On special occasions we do the 7am jobs. It just makes for to long of a day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I really, honestly could not do it by myself anymore.

Not this thoroughly and at 90 plus jobs a month

Three a day on my own and my bum foot about lames me. I have to take 3 to 5 weeks off early next year to let this thing heal.

Getting my knee checked again Tuesday.

Never did heal well and now I might have tore something more again....ugh!

But boy.....the fun I had for years before this happened :)

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Just looked we had 110 PAID work orders last month (more probably completed, just not paid and don't feel like counting those right now this morning)

and are at 70 for this month as of this morning.

Probably end around 80 -85 PAID for the month by the time we are done.....

2 trucks and the 2 of us right now.

Some of those jobs were pretty big too :eekk:

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
We have no choice but tinier Friday and Saturday. One of my guys is mad but the girl that works for me needs money for shopping so she's all for it.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I have 10 stops today (all very small and 2 rug deliveries) but then I'm off until Wednesday

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
I will make sure I'm off when the sled trails open on Dec 8th on weekends as much as possible and make my guys work. Last guy I fired was because he complained to much it was not fare he had to work while I play. I"M THE BOSS DAMMIT!

Reactions: Chris A

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Sucks kinda, had to turn down a nice job for the weekend and couldnt take on any new work.

Still trying to finish off our monthly jobs by this weekend. Hell, some of them already PAID us :shifty:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I have 10K in ceiling tile burning a hole in my pocket. Its just sitting in one of our box trucks waiting for this section of a building to be cleaned. I need my crew to get the old down, remove the smoked insulation also, cleaning the deck and get new tile & insulation up so I can bill it. 90k job but half is monkeying around with ceiling tile, it will take most of the month working nights when it fits everyone schedule.

Meanwhile our days are busy with fire, mold, ducts and carpet cleaning. Its getting rough, I just hope we don't lose any guys through this stretch. :errf:

Hopefully they see the overtime as an opportunity for Christmas money. :very_drunk:

hogjowl

Idiot™
I've got to order a $120 pail of PowerMax today, and I'm stressing over whether I'll order a gallon of Brightener to go with it.

Holiday stress is a bitch.

Mikey P

Administrator

October was a record month for us as well, with 126 paid invoices and then some..

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Sure have a filthy mind, thats for sure. :winky: :pig:
Mind? I've been told its my mouth?

My son told me this week "Dad when you cuss its just like a regular vocabulary word to you." He said "When I cuss I uses it to make a point of emphasis." :biggrin:

Dan once introduced me to a new employee as his foul mouth brother. To which I promptly said "Fook you". :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom