"I'll just leave the door open."

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Is it a Midwest thing or do you big shots in bigger markets get A LOT of first time customers willing to leave it open for you?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
they do that a lot here...key under the mat..check on the counter..please lock up the cat or dog when you come in..the garage code is......****

nothing new.....

Reactions: Russ T.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Not in New Yawk we dont trust anybody! :errf:

Would say more people meeting you then leaving for the first time service.
Its rare someone would leave a key who we dont know.

John is right tho, assume you are always on video.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
but this is a tech savvy town and hidden cameras are "cheap" and can be viewed over the internet.
I think its always best to "act as if", you really don't know when someone is watching.

Conversations need to kept professional also. While you wouldn't think you should have to mention it, we always do while training. We also periodically remind all crews, even the fire tech's that people listen to your conversations when they are in other rooms. Keep it professional in the home.

Talk all you want about your drunken conquests in the van but professional in the home.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Not in New Yawk we dont trust anybody! :errf:

Would say more people meeting you then leaving for the first time service.
Its rare someone would leave a key who we dont know.

John is right tho, assume you are always on video.

I'm from Rochester so maybe that's why I'm still kind of shocked by it.

Becker

Name
Becker
That's funny. I always get the. Oh my husband is at work but my neighbor mike will be here with me while you work. And btw. We have camera.

hogjowl

Idiot™
It happens so often here that I am used to it. People who have never even met me will call and tell me the to just lock the door on the way out.

I did have a regular customer who is a sweet old lady get rude with my son the other day because I didn't come with him to the job. He called me and I came over and as soon as she saw me she got sweet again. By the time we left she was offering my son coffee, so she'll be cool with him next time.

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
Were in Utica NY and get left in houses all the time or keys hidden , door open lock when done and let cat out of basement. My long time customers even leave notes to help out selves to the fridge that their are fresh cold cuts . I drank a soda once left can and a police officer customer called and said I should of had a beer. He has called several times since because he trust us.

Name
Lee Stockwell
They loved my boys when they were little. Fascinated with my use of cute child labor.

Yes lots of customers like noted earlier.....and you ARE on camera.

Name
BradFenstermaker
I think mostly the trust comes from STRONG referrals or reviews.
We get trusted alot, dont worry about it..

Biggest hurdle is to never lose that trust with hour clients. Love to see the notes on route packet " key is under the bunny, check on the stove"

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
My guy told me about that video Willy--- I couldn't bring myself to watch it... I didn't want to have "2 girls and cup" PST nightmares again..

really feel sorry for the owner of that Biz-- unless he is also the "perp"

Willy P

Name
Willy P
My guy told me about that video Willy--- I couldn't bring myself to watch it... I didn't want to have "2 girls and cup" PST nightmares again..

really feel sorry for the owner of that Biz-- unless he is also the "perp"
When ya gotta go, ya gotta go.:eekk: To a gas station. I try not to poop at a customer's home, especially on the lawn.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
When ya gotta go, ya gotta go.:eekk: To a gas station. I try not to poop at a customer's home, especially on the lawn.

I've been thinking about having a Porta potty in the van. only about $150 from RV or west marine store. Might become more necessary as I get older:lol::(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom