I'm sorry, you ain't getting a free one

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
got a call to check on a tenant complaint regarding the carpet cleaning we did

i looked it today

I walk in, see ashtrays overflowing, half glasses of beer scattered about on cheap metal TV trays (with associated spills, ashes and ciggy butts under them)
heavy soiled traffic lanes with spots and spills all over carpets that haven't been vacced in gawd knows how long

the complaint??
The carpet got dirty too fast.

The fellow was nice enough, but I didn't recall recently cleaning this apt......so I ask,

"how long have you been here?"

FIVE YEARS!! he tells me :eekk:

I didn't laugh in his face, but did tell him it needed cleaned...and no, we wouldn't do it for free

..L.T.A.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
You need to have more holiday spirt, you were already there.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Eggzactly... No need to be "guilted" into free work like that.

We don't go to a car dealership and ask for free tune up after not changing oils for 50000 miles and expect it for free, do we?

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
Since were on the subject. I had someone (a Realtor that was prepping the home for sale) that called me a week later to do some touch up. The carpet had been a HEAVILY abused Berber. Literally coming apart at the seams. Sections of carpet where the the seams were located in the living room were GONE. It was moderately dirty but had been seriously abused. Well beyond needing replacing which I'm sure the new owner would be doing. So I returned touched up a few spots, wick backs, not unexpected considering the condition and how it had obviously been abused. But I like to make try to make repeat clients so no big deal. Weeks later she calls me back saying its dirty again. I say oook. I'll come and look at it. The traffic lanes had what looked like to be re-soiling, my guess from the people she had admitted she had been showing the house too. Did my best to explain that a carpet as heavily abused was going to have issues. I told her I had a limited touch up policy and 30 days was well beyond that. She got all irritate. Threatened to turn me into the BBB call the attorney general, suggested I was a scam artist, a racist. OMG. She just wanted a free re cleaning. Not a chance.

Reactions: Mikey P

hogjowl

Idiot™
Communication is key with any customers, but Realtors need it more than any customers I have to deal with. They move at such rapid paces and deal with so many customers ... have demands that you and I would have a hard time managing ... they are a problem just itching to happen. Over the years, I have learned to make certain I tell them what I really think about cleaning their rentals ... not what my wallet tells me to say. If I run into a job that is on the verge of needing replacing, that is my first suggestion to her. Next, I make sure I tell her, if she insists on cleaning it, that there will be issues and I explain them to her. Will she forget sometimes, or intentionally choose not to remember? Sure! But, over time they learn to trust you and that is KEY to avoiding abuse by them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom