Inspection Light?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'm looking for a High Intensity Inspection light, halogen bulb.

We've had them before, they are black with a with a black handle you hold on to. They put out some serious light & work well for lighting up a room.

I can't find them anywhere? :cry:

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
They used to be standard item in the Ed York store. They came from the photography / video industry. A few folks got burned from the really hot halogen bulb and several manufacturers stopped making them due to liability issues. You might try to photography web sites or stores if you can't find what you want in cleaning distributors. There are a few inspection lights sold in our industry but not nearly as bright as the older halogen bulbs.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Those are the ones. They work really well and yes they do get very hot.
We used to have 5-or six of them, all I can find is a cracked lens and LOTS of excuses.

I'll look in the photography / video industry and see if I can find anything like them.

Thanks!

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
What do you see with those lights?

Any time I have a bright environment, I can't see the issues as good. (if we're talking about carpet)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It will light up a 1/4 to 1/2 of a room even in daylight.

While the flashlight sound interesting what I want is something that will cover a pretty broad area like the old ones would. Unless you feel the flashlight would be capable of that. ???

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Richard, how about something like this? Focusable (flood to spot) 500W halogen. $150. Doesn't come with a bulb (so you get the voltage you want) - bulb is $10 for 120V. 16' cord, but it is detachable so can be replaced with length of your choice:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/32175-REG/Lowel_O1_10_Omni_Light_500_Watt_Focus.html

light1.jpg

light2.jpg

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom