insurance and bonded

NJ104

Name
Juan
I'm trying to start my cleaning business and I was wondering if anybody here could give me a rough idea how much insurance and bonded would be per year for a cleaning company

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Insurance agents will give you a free quote. Tell them what you want to do to start. For example carpet and upholstery cleaning. do not mention hardwood floors or water damage until you are ready.
If it is just you ask if they think you need to be bonded.

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
I have my 2 employees bonded and I think it is under 150/year. From what I understand, bonding simply takes any claim made against your employees for stealing and keeps you separate from the ordeal. Victims will have to deal with the bonding company's lawyers and provide evidence of the theft.

NJ104

Name
Juan
Does anyone know in the nj area of insurance companies that deal specificly with carpet cleaning companies or cleaning company?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Does anyone know in the nj area of insurance companies that deal specificly with carpet cleaning companies or cleaning company?
Call these guys ARI(American Restoration Insurance) 801-915-2366-Jason they broker all over not sure about NJ but they can answer nearly all your questions and point you in the right direction of they cant help you.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
We pay(I believe)$60 per month for the biz insurance.

For my area/biz being bonded is not necessary. Being bonded protects the client you are working for from you not completing job. Say like, someone building a kitchen and the contractor goes outta biz.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
60.00 a month?? good lord..ether your ins is shady or im getting ripped off lol

we are 650.00 a quarter but thats based off gross money and payroll

3 million liability and a 1 mil umbrella

Reactions: Mikey P

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Dave you just have correct coverage and do t have to pay more at the end of the year when your insurance company audits you, that's all.

Just equals to easier and more time to fish.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
There are many types of bonds. The most referenced type for cleaning companies include:

Surety or Theft bonds cover employees but never the owners. Someone has to prove theft by your employee. If they do, they collect from your insurance.

Performance bond assures that you complete a project that you start. Sometimes required for larger contracts, especially with the government. Not applicable to most cleaning companies.

Price is based on your payroll.

If anyone wants an article with more details on getting bonded, send an email to stores.csr@bridgewatercorp.net and ask.

Insurance will depend upon what is covered, vehicles, inland marine for some equipment, bailees coverage for transporting or storing customer belongings. liability, car, custody & control, etc.

I found Erie Insurance Exchange to be very business centered and know what was needed for service business.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom