iPhone 6?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
My contract is up December 13th so I'm kinda chomping at the bit to get the new iPhone. I'll be upgrading from the small, but incredibly handy 5 (original).

Just thought I'd see what you guys thought of it?

Not considering the 6 plus, just too big for the Kid.

Thanks!

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I made the mistake of getting the 16GB iPhone 5 2 years ago. My phone is maxed out so I need to get a new one. I'll be getting at least the 64 GB, maybe even 128. I use my phone for everything.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Samsung and some others allow a memory card upgrade, very easy, and cheap.

It's easier to do it before loading the phone's default memory. 64g card was about $40 and took 3-4 minutes, even with my fat fingers.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I had the Samsung Galaxy S1,S3,S4 before moving to Apple. Memory was very easy to add/upgrade. Samsung was always very glitchy for me so I decided to try iPhone, having never owned one.

I'm pretty sold on their simplicity and smooth operation. Mel has my old S4 and she likes it but I'm trying to get us on the same OS. Bought her a MacBook Air this Summer and it's great too.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Crazy talk Mike. I'd feel like I was carrying around my iPad in my pocket.

Do you use your Note in the field with Service Monster?

I think the plus might be right for Mel though.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I am/was apple everything...ipad..iphone..imac...then igot tired of the crap when they did an update and most everything on my iphone went to hell.....I switched to the Samsung note 3 and it was the best thing I did......still prefer my mac and ipad...but I would have to see some earth shattering changes before I go back to a iphone.....

It is amazing what all a note 3 will do......

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Many are offering $200.00 trade in on the upgrade to the I-6. My son wants one also when is contract is up.
My daughter's boyfriend has the I6 and while he struggled with it at first he now loves it.

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
So iPhone is NOT JMA?

I just installed an Apple Airport Time Capsule at our house yesterday. It's a router and 2 TB hard drive that will automatically back up all our Apple devices, in the background. Sure has sped up our internet!

My iPhone 5 has been no fun since updating to iOS 8, so I know what you mean. They usually patch issues up pretty quick. I remember waiting MONTHS (plural) for Samsung to release the Android update to their OS.

I guess with any machine there will be issues. The best machines have less issues and the best companies stand behind their equipment.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I've had a Note3 (personal phone) for over a year - really like it. My corporate day job just saw fit to give me an iphone 5 - now I have to mentally switch back and forth on how to work the stupid phones depending on which one I'm using at the time.....

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I'm convinced it's a lot like any tool we use. It usually takes committing to it for a while to see how it really works for you.

I use an iPad Air in the field every day, tethered to my phone (for SM). It works great. The plus (or Note for that matter) might allow a guy to go down to 1 device.

Is that what you Note users do?

I do like the professionalism that the iPad brings. I think we will consider getting ready for Apple Pay for payment too.

Lars

Name
Lars
I upgraded from the original iPhone 5 to the 6 and like the slightly larger version.
Everything is basically the same with just a bigger screen. 6+ feels like your walking around with an iPad min in your pocket.

Becker

Name
Becker
The 6 plus is crazy big. Saw a woman in line behind me at costco, she looked for be about 5'2 maybe 110 pounds.

I've had the 3s , 4, 5, now 5s. Not a single problem with any of them.
Don't trade the old ones, sell them on ebay.

When I got the 5 I sold the 4 and 3s for crazy money.

Tech now has the 5 and I have the 5s.
In the spring I'll get the 6, and tech will have the 5s and I will sell the 5 for likely over $250.00 otterbox since new.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Reactions: Mikey P

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I couldn't sleep at night, knowing I carried a phablet around on my belt all day.

But I'm glad it works out for other people. ;-)

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I couldn't sleep at night, knowing I carried a phablet around on my belt all day.

But I'm glad it works out for other people. ;-)

its not that hard to get use to...I don't even notice mine anymore......and once you go with something the size of a note 3...you can never go back....

Reactions: Mikey P

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416747796.198241.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Seriously though. Jim, do you use Service Monster? Are you able to use it in the field on that gigantic phone/tiny tablet?

No I do not use service monster....but..anything that you can do on your computer you can pretty much do on this phone...and then some....
its ability to multi task and what it can do is pretty cool...

go on you tube and type in note 3...there is all kinds of videos on what it can do.........

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Is it "glitchy"? I used to have to take the battery out of my Samsungs almost daily.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I carry both the iPhone 6 plus and the note 4 one is personal and one biz.

The size of the screens is a plus even for poeple without vision issues. Easier to type and be overall more productive.

The note 4 for voice calls with occasional web that is not accessible on iPhone because of software limits.

Iphone 6 for all emails, web surfing, FaceTime so on and so forth.

Both really good powerful phones.

F

FB7777

I prefer the 6+. Easier on the eyes. If you tether your iPad to your phone then the i6 would be perfect as well

I've had big screen envy for years now, so I had to go with the biggest Apple had to offer :)

Definitely get at least 64gb if you use your phone for everything

Full disclosure... I am an Apple fanboy so take my comments with a grain of salt

Latest posts

Latest Auctions

Back
Top Bottom