Is this the future of TM engines?

Mike Draper

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
doubtful....the Duke engine story pops up every few months........but nothing new

and its not like like its a new concept....its been around a hundred years and already has current applications

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I bet when Duke gets closer to mass production the oil companies will buy the biz and "shelve" the engine/technology keep it from the market. When will these "Circle-Jerk of Arrogance" companies learn that IF we conserve oil consumption NOW, then their product and THEM will exist Longer! Texaco bought GM's Advanced Electric Car battery technology and then shelved it.

Or the Oil companies' Hit Men-- the FBI-- will find away to tie Duke down is some sort of Drama.. Duke is too small for the Oil companies to call out their other "Hit Men", which is the CIA and Military. ie. read or YouTube "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man".

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
naaaah.... Slap a Nissan Leaf -or heck- a Tesla battery pack under or in a van and let the v8 engine recharge those batteries between jobs. And the battery pack could power the electric motor that would spin the blower and cat pump and possibly a water heating element.
The extra weight -the battery pack means to the van- would be compensating for the lack of the gas engine and some other parts normally used on today's slide ins.

Reactions: Russ T.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Texaco bought GM's Advanced Electric Car battery technology and then shelved it.

".

any documentation or sources to back that up??
(beyond conspiracy theorist blogs and ramblings)

one thing about Money Men..if there's money to be made (meaning it's profitable without gov subsidies) and is competitive (without gov subsidies) with what's currently available, it'll happen and there's no one single industry big enough to prevent it
(unless of course you subscribe to Illuminati and reptilian humanoids from Draco theory)

..L.T.A.

Mike Draper

Hybrid technology has been around for over 100 years as well. It wasnt until the technology was fined tuned that we started to see it showing up in our cars about 15 years ago. If you build a better mousetrap..........

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
any documentation or sources to back that up??
(beyond conspiracy theorist blogs and ramblings)

one thing about Money Men..if there's money to be made (meaning it's profitable without gov subsidies) and is competitive (without gov subsidies) with what's currently available, it'll happen and there's no one single industry big enough to prevent it
(unless of course you subscribe to Illuminati and reptilian humanoids from Draco theory)

..L.T.A.

I think I got it from here:

I don't really care enough to spend any time researching it nor trying to get others to change their views on things---

Remember the story about the Packard and The Deloreon cars?
Of course the Deloreon POS would have failed anyway with its All Aluminum block engine-- didn't they learn from the Vega.?

Last edited:

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
let the v8 engine recharge those batteries between jobs
Umm.... You're going to need a bigger alternator..... A LOT bigger..... :eekk:

The extra weight -the battery pack means to the van- would be compensating for the lack of the gas engine and some other parts
You take out the gas engine but put an electric motor in it's place - it will probably weigh more than the engine. Then you add in the battery pack. Oops....

Last edited:

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I remember the mazda trucks. They would run forever and you could abuse the crap out of them. Rotary engines ruled.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Oh..thanks John:dejection:

it had to be a great conspiracy that killed the lectro car
Couldn't of had anything to do with it not being competitive in the market place , could it?
couldn't be....:icon_rolleyes:

..L.T.A.

I live in San Francisco and these electric cars and hybrids are all over the place. There are many free charging places for these vehicles. GM scrapped its electric version because It didn't need to be serviced as much. Instead GM got Congress to pass a bill that gave big tax breaks to people who bought gas guzzing Hummers and Suburbans. there were bigger profits in bigger cars then the EV1.. The EV1 was taken off the market place even though the owners wanted to keep their cars. Watch the video "Who killed the electric car" OR

Take It from someone who "Took the RED PILL" ---- You should Keep taking the "BLUE PILL" and keep believing as you do.
I often wish I never "took the Red Pill" cause Ignorance is bliss

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
haha Larry---- I actually hope and I pray with every ounce of my being-- That I AM Daffy!! For IF I'm not Daffy-- America is in deep do do.-- but hopefully not for another at least 10 years.

You are a great citizen to follow your county blindly. continue to take the blue pill and obey-- It will help keep the great American Ponzi scheme going longer.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
The future of truckmount engines will depend entirely on what can pass emissions regulations. For certain there will be fewer available choices and those will be saddled with the extra complexity of getting their exhaust clean and the extra cost of getting government certification.

I remember the mazda trucks. They would run forever and you could abuse the crap out of them. Rotary engines ruled.
You could abuse the crap out of them, but they were never reliable. I raced Mazda rotaries back in the day - you had to keep the over-rev warning buzzer on at all times because the power peak is so high. For road cars this meant a lot of fried clutches because there was so little power and torque at low RPMs (where you'd like your truckmount engine to run). You had to add oil as if they were a two-stroke, and then the seals would fail and you'd be driving a smoke machine. For racing it was pretty easy to swap out motors for ones with fresh seals, but in everyday use just changing spark plugs was problematic. As cool as they are in concept, a rotary would be a hilarious choice for truckmount power.

Mike Draper

rotaries compared to this 5 cylinder are a different breed. rotaries use lots of fuel, bad emissions and yes, not very reliable. We'll have to see the reliability behind this new 5 cylinder. I hope its promising.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Next year at sundance there will be a movie that says bush and his oil buddies were behind this study. And it all a conspiracy Theory. http://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/environment/item/15971-former-electric-car-engineer-electric-cars-pollute-more-than-gas

Its true-- in some states electric cars Do Pollute the air more. It all depends on how the electricity is produced. In California most of our power comes from Hydro electric. For about 30-40k you can have enough solar panels installed to power your home and car.

Larry claimed the electric car was killed by lack on consumer interest. I responded with evidence and claim by owners of the EV1 that they want to keep their EV1 but GM wouldn't let them. the EV1 was killed by Greed. Now GM is trying to get back into the race but is years behind other car manufacture companies. I also added that the Electric car is alive and well here in California. Testla Motors makes an electric car that can go 250 miles on one charge, and sells for about 80K and is Made in the USA-- though the owner is an immigrant. Many tech companies have import their Brain power- Go USA.

Last edited:

Bjorn

hot saw event at the Deming logging show they had a rotary motor attached to a bar and chain

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
250 miles on one charge, and sells for about 80K

and at 125K miles, a $34K battery pack
a Nissan, Honda ,Toyota and damn near all domestics will go 250K miles routinely with just regular maintenance

their just not competitive, John.
maybe in the future (if the Reptilian Humanoids from Draco can be subdued by the aliens that wrote the plans for the perpetual motion machine on the pyramids)
Til then, only rich grEEnhEds will be buying them

sorry to trash your thread, Drapes
but i got a live one on line...and you know how i love to play Big fish ...:cool:

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Mike Draper

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
and at 125K miles, a $34K battery pack

sorry to trash your thread, Drapes
but i got a live one on line...and you know how i love to play Big fish ...:cool:

..L.T.A.

F***!! I did not know that about the battery pack!-- No worries Bro about trashing me-- I hate that side of me sometimes too..

What learned about trying to make my All electric van n TM is that-- The internal combustion engine and positive displacement blower set up just cant be ECOMICALLY beat-- at this time-
But maybe some day I'll make one anyways just as a Publicity stunt-- The Greenies here in SF would eat that "bs" up and it would be great for Biz.
Have a merry Christmas!

rick imby

Name
Rick
Rotary engine designs like this have been around for over 100 years. The efficiency does not seem to be there or they would be in production. The Old Biplanes had a similarly designed engine.

With the level of CAD engineering and prototyping available if there was a huge efficiency gain over standard engines then this would already be in production. Currently there is a similar motor used to propel torpedos.

The quality of modern motors is amazing. A standard American motor from today is so much tighter than 30 years ago. Balanced and bluprinted from the old days doesn't even match todays basic standards.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I have had my Chevrolet volt for a few months and flat out love the thing.

Having the capability to run 40 miles on a dollar then have the extended capability to go another 300 or so miles on gas generator is awesome and very efficient. As the gas motor is a generator only and doesn't directly drive the car.

Any power not used to drive the motor is stored in the battery pack to drive the car later.

Has been just awesome and we have yet to notice a difference in our electric bill that is noticeable.

Awesome car.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom