Is your competition "Online"?

Mikey P

Administrator
Do you see them on the Boards or FB?

Are you reluctant to post because they're watching or possibly more active than you?

Do you hide or change your name and location to stay anonymous?

Out of curiosity, how many cleaning companies are in your area and how many do you THINK are online looking to better themselves?

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
I have a few of my competitors post here and several over on Rawbies bored. I don't have any special trade secrets so I do not worry about what I post on the boards. And I could not tell you how many other cleaning companies are in my area. I would guess over a dozen smaller ones and almost all of the national ones also.

Reactions: Mikey P

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I really don't know but don't want to live in fear over it. I've been pretty transparent on the board and have definitely wondered if anyone is watching though.
Me and my fam have benefited by the education I've gotten here. I guess I kinda hope they don't get that same education...

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I would say there are really only two of us in Lincoln who give any effort at all to our online presence. Royal and Blue Monarch.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
I really don't know but don't want to live in fear over it. I've been pretty transparent on the board and have definitely wondered if anyone is watching though.
Me and my fam have benefited by the education I've gotten here. I guess I kinda hope they don't get that same education...

Feel the same way. But, honestly, much of the information and things we do, I learned from others. It's nothing new or earth shattering.

If one of my "competitors" is with it enough to elevate their business the way we have, then more power to them. I feel companies like that are few and far between.

I actually want to know who they are in the event that we find ourselves in a jam and need help. I want the help or service to my clients to be someone that has the same ethics, philosophy and structure that our business has. Luckily, we do have a relationship with a "competitor" in our area. But I consider him a friend and not competition. Our market is large and there is plenty of room for both of us and then some. And we have helped each other out on several occasions.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes most of the major competition is active on Facebook. Few post here but I assume they are lurkers.

They see everything we do any way, we have few secrets not too much to hide.

Its a very competitive market, small but lots of players.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I just met a dude this morning named Brad Hall (I think). I discovered he was in my area and I'd never met him. We met up, and he was so impressed with me he was speechless.

Or, he's mute.

One or the other ...

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Do you see them on the Boards or FB?

Are you reluctant to post because they're watching or possibly more active than you?

Do you hide or change your name and location to stay anonymous?

Out of curiosity, how many cleaning companies are in your area and how many do you THINK are online looking to better themselves?
Cleaners who post on online forums are but a minuscule, tiny fraction of the carpet cleaners in our industry. I freely post everything I know with the hope of educating and helping anyone inside or outside of the business. Ignorance and opaqueness only help the shitfilth like ChemDry who use lies and deception to gain market advantage. It takes both accumulated knowledge (which we gain here and in classes) and a willingness to endure very hard labor, to excel. Not many are willing to do either. That is why this is a wide open business.

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Cleaners who post on online forums are but a minuscule, tiny fraction of the carpet cleaners in our industry. I freely post everything I know with the hope of educating and helping anyone inside or outside of the business. Ignorance and opaqueness only help the shitfilth like ChemDry who use lies and deception to gain market advantage. It takes both accumulated knowledge (which we gain here and in classes) and a willingness to endure very hard labor, to excel. Not many are willing to do either. That is why this is a wide open business.
I love this guy.

Name
Ross Martin
On the whole posting on the boards, the positives outweigh the negatives.

Dmreed4311 (Dave) has helped me with backlinks and I didn't even know he was doing it.

I use the same name, company name and location on every board.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
My closest competition here is Able1 and Shane Tiegs and they're not in my market (1 hr. away) so it doesn't matter. Wouldn't matter even if they were next door. I would have no problem helping any competitor in my area.

Reactions: Mikey P

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Ofer and I service the same Town.. but I don't consider him competition because Ofer is a professional.

He keeps the standards high and I appreciate that.. we both have referred work to each other at times.

Beside-- we can't clean all the Nut cases on our own..:dejection:

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I could not care less about a competitors FaceBook or their forum presence.

What I watch closely, and what matters most to me is my competitors search presence/ranking, especially in regards to the major players like Google, Yelp etc.

To me, that is what matters most because that is where the vast majority of new exposure will come from, not Facebook.

I am not really concerned about any competitors becoming "better" cleaners based on something I let be known, and actually welcome any competitors that have the desire to improve their game, as it is better for overall perception of the industry as a whole on a local level.

It's the HACKS that don't give a shit, and water down the market with shoddy work and cheap prices that concern me more with the negative perception of the industry that they leave in their wake.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom