jon don sfs

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
So who has gone to this lately? I am thinking about going. If I go I would have to shutdown for the week in may. Never been off that long.
I am looking to expand my business and get off the truck someday. I would like to be able to take a week off and still be able to pay the bills. Sfs seems like the only class out there that looks creditable.
My worry is another class on how to get rich from protector and cheesy upsells. All of the stuff that worked before the internet and the implosion of the economy.
So what do you think?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Its been 3-years since the last one I attended so I can only speak to it then.

It would be an excellent class for you to take. Lots to learn and many pitfalls for you to avoid. Its offered at many times throughout the year so you don't having to miss the busy season

PM Steve or Bill and they will get you more info.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
:yoda::yoda:I traveled from Australia to do it.

Not recently though.

If I was in your shoes, knowing what I now know since attnding, I'd be on the phone to book a seat, or better still, bid on Mikey's raffle.

This course will open your eyes & help you achieve your dreams without the BS.

:yoda:

PS:: Contact JD for their free introductory cd so you'll know what's involved.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Louis,
This is an email that Steve received this week while we were at SFS Atlanta. This was from a large company in biz for over 30 years.

Steve,
I hope you remember me from Strategies from the fall of 2013. The good news is we have been doing quite well, the business grew by 14% in 2014 vs 2013. We grew our commercial division by 74% in 2014. Due in large part to making a full time position of prospecting for commercial work which came from attending Strategies and realizing we could be doing much more commercially.

Louis just check out our SFS website for any questions www.sfs.jondon.com or ask them here.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
I went in 2008 had no truck. Today we run 4-5 routes depending on the season.
I would credit SFS in helping me take what I knew in many cases and applying it to this industry.
I have been twice. We are looking to go a 3rd time.

You will never go wrong taking a week to work on your business and plan for the future.

You will meet others you can network with after the class. Maybe the biggest benefit.

BID on the class and pick a class that works for your schedule they have 10 sessions a year all over the country.

Good luck!

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
So who has gone to this lately?
Just did it in September...I think it was my 4th, maybe 5th time...I've lost track! It's that good! I first attended back in 2009.

I am looking to expand my business and get off the truck someday
You will leave with the blueprint on how to do this....

My worry is another class on how to get rich from protector and cheesy upsells
You don't have to worry about that with this class.

Chuck, Bill and Steve are phenomenal. And they are all available to you after the class for any follow up or questions you may have. And you have the whole SFS network. I keep in touch with many I met at class and we often share ideas, hold each other accountable and work through issues. It's great to have other people to bounce stuff off of.

Besides the auction, if Jon Don is a vendor you use often, depending on how much you spend with them in a 12 month period, you qualify for a 1/2 price or free spot in the seminar. Look in to that.

I can't say enough about it, but I certainly try. if you're up for some light reading, here is a 12 part series on the SFS stuff we have implemented over the years.

http://sfs.jondon.com/8767/reviews/success-stories/dir-megs-story

Name
Barrett Wiley
Attended in February 2014. Definitely helpful to me, my business and my view of business. Knowledge is power. Take the time to invest in yourself and your business at the same time. We are primarily a janitorial company and am making the transition into commercial carpet and hard floor care. Our first truck is on order and ready to hit the ground running with it.

You will learn your numbers and know how to "Price for Profit." How to avoid mistakes and what others have done to be successful. Somethings will work for you, some won't.

If you want to realistic chance at sustained growth, GO to SFS!

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
So who has gone to this lately? I am thinking about going. If I go I would have to shutdown for the week in may. Never been off that long.
I am looking to expand my business and get off the truck someday. I would like to be able to take a week off and still be able to pay the bills. Sfs seems like the only class out there that looks creditable.
My worry is another class on how to get rich from protector and cheesy upsells. All of the stuff that worked before the internet and the implosion of the economy.
So what do you think?

Its not that type of class, more of a workshop.

They cover all the basics of small business that ANY business can use really. Admin, operations, sales/marketing.

Reactions: Cleaning Concierge

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I would recommend you go. It will be well worth it. The things you learn and are discussed you will use for many years to come.
Most of it can be used in our business as well as others. The group discussions are insightful and involve business owners or key people
who want to grow thier business.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I have been buying more stuff from Jon don for months to try to qualify for money off class or free. I'm saving money since I will have to shutdown for a week. What I can't believe is Jon don doesn't have a corporate rate for a hotel in Portland. Mikey must have some serious pull in his hood since he can get a good rate for bunch of rug suckers.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
I have been buying more stuff from Jon don for months to try to qualify for money off class or free. I'm saving money since I will have to shutdown for a week. What I can't believe is Jon don doesn't have a corporate rate for a hotel in Portland. Mikey must have some serious pull in his hood since he can get a good rate for bunch of rug suckers.
We always enjoy having MB people in class, Louis. (Well, most anyway... there was this guy from Topeka,Kansas.) Come prepared for an exhausting (but hopefully "transformational" week.

Have you called this place?
Local Hotels
(Call for Jon-Don Price)
Double Tree Hotel 503-281-6111

Remember it IS Portland and nothing is cheap in Portland.

Steve

PS My thanks to all our SFS alumni who weighed in above. I was going to start promoting the seminar and then realized I didn't need to! I'm grateful...

Reactions: PrimaDonna

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
We are negotiating a hotel rate currently. It is amazing how pricey the city of Portland is if you want to be downtown.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I didn't know Portland was so expensive and parking is like San Francisco. Why would you put a business that services large vehicles in a place where there is no parking. Not to mention higher rent, more overhead. All of the supply places in the bay area are in industrial tracks or the edge of town. I guess people are very different in Portland.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Have you called this place?
Local Hotels
(Call for Jon-Don Price)
Double Tree Hotel 503-281-6111

I spent a lot of time in Portland at that hotel in my former job. Ask for a room on the OPPOSITE side of the light rail. The beeping noise each time the train comes and goes is annoying as hell - even if you are on a high floor. If you are on the far side of the building, you won't hear it. If memory serves me right, you want an odd numbered room, but double check with them.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Coming from a small town I was unsure how to behave in the big city.
I get that, Richard. But surely even in Kansas it is not normal to use the waste basket as a toilet...

Steve

PS Of course, with all the crap you have seen with the "exploding toilets" so common in Topeka it may have seemed more hygienic to leave your "little gift" for the maid in the waste basket.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
I didn't know Portland was so expensive and parking is like San Francisco. Why would you put a business that services large vehicles in a place where there is no parking. Not to mention higher rent, more overhead. All of the supply places in the bay area are in industrial tracks or the edge of town. I guess people are very different in Portland.
Louis we bought the existing business where it sits.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Why would you put a business that services large vehicles in a place where there is no parking. Not to mention higher rent, more overhead. All of the supply places in the bay area are in industrial tracks or the edge of town. I guess people are very different in Portland.
When McDowell Supply moved into that neighborhood, it was an industrial area of a city that was only a warehouse town. Sort of a cheap place to store stuff before shipping to more expensive places. The thought of Portland being trendy seems ridiculous to those of us that remember the old town, but now it's kind of a budget version of Seattle. Great restaurants on almost every downtown block (and comparatively cheap) people on the street being friendly (excepting the cyclists of course) and safe to walk around. You'll like it.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Have you provided them with all the necessary moments of truth?
Man, occupancy must be high, if the masters can't get it done.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom