Kind of stumped on bidding this one

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
We do a bunch of work the a large local grocery chain here

The cooking class the out in has 15' tall wallpaper with fabric on it

It collects grease but you can't get it wet to clean so I encap led and rubbed with a hand bonnet. Cleaned up easy fast and the cust was super happy

Now I have to figure out what to charge

15' tall but only cleaning top to 6' down
A little over 100' long

We will need scaffolding or a cherry picker to reach

It has to be done from 11 pm till done

Can't bid hourly rate it has to be bid and approved total price

No chance on anyone else getting called because we have solved and fixed so many problems for them we are locked in. Great relationship

Just need a bit of direction from a few people with similar experience on this one

I'm thinking 1$ a sqft

Thanks

Name
Lee Stockwell
Genie manlift. We've used one several time on stage curtains.

$1/sf is your imaginary "glass ceiling" I bet. We all have one.

Mine was $1000. Did several difficult jobs for MSU right at that.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
thats the tough part..not really sure..it seems to clean up fast and fairly easy..i will post some pics..i only test cleaned a small area..if i had to guess i would say we would have everything cleaned in less than 6 hrs based on
my test areas

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
454a0d530a8be9e04f2ad00fe5be8527.jpg

ef0e6f6f4a3cb47cd30967a47ec8cedc.jpg

9535c74ba461b98f6c4cb4c47dc78e2d.jpg

fd7cff71fd2c608679fd6b52536c1cfe.jpg

de9bc5337a43d674f0f9d1451461b6eb.jpg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
15' tall but only cleaning top to 6' down
A little over 100' long

T

won't that show ??
with only half the wall clean?

never the less....
your price of $600 (buck-o-ft) is in line with what I was thinking ...looking at the pics I would of bid at $1200...but you're only doing half

I have a scaffolding though
if you don't have one, you might want to add that cost ($200 to buy one that rolls)
or $160 pr day to rent an elect scissors lift

ladders and aluminum walk boards work too but aren't as safe as lift or scaffolding

..L.T.A.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
oh yea...deff adding the rental fees associated with all rental stuff..we discussed there being a shadowing effect or difference and he said if we see something when we are cleaning to do it all and we would double the bid price

i warned him that it may take a day to show up..thats part of the reason we did the test area..it seemed to blend in really good..

thanks and i will post up the results and what the final bid was and how long it took with pics

J

JS41035

I wouldn't rent an electric. Rolling scaffolds would be fine there. Electric lift would be heavy. Possibly damage to flooring.

J

JS41035

I agree with Dad btw. Don't limit yourself to a buck psf. Your a problem solver. Add 10% To your bid and buy my lunch at MF.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
there is no way I would bid a job like that at only $100 per hour. The reason is the risk is too high. I can go clean empty apartments with very little risk or problems for $100 per hour. You have to rent or buy scaffolding, you run the risk of someone falling, you run the risk of damaging the stuff, you run the risk of having to go back and touch up a spot, you have countless issues that could arise and none of them are built into the price.

Add $300 to the price and then if something does come up you have built that into the price. If it doesn't you got lucky and take your wife out to a nice place to eat.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
interesting twist...just got a call from maint dept head and he said that they decided to just get it all done at once and asked if doubling the bid was enough to covere the job...

hell yea..since the top part is the hard part!! so it is now 2186.00
I'm smiling lol

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Back
Top Bottom