Marketing! Marketing!

cobra

Name
DJ Holland
So....
I have been looking at last years/this years #s. We have a unique niche market in rentals/apartment turns. We do all three phases(Paint, Cleanout, and Carpet) in some cases. In others, we just do 1 or another. About 80 percent of our business in net 30(if Im lucky).
What we want to do now is put together a marketing program that will change that percentage to about 60/40. So, here's my question.
If you had to put a percentage on each marketing strategy you use, how does it add up? In other words, what works, what doesn't, what do you push, and what do you shy away from?? I realize that each area/market will be different. Just curious what else is out there??? Keep in mind this is to attract new customers, not existing/repeat customers! This is a perfect time of the year to reevaluate MARKETING!!!

Reactions: Mikey P

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Having top SEO placement. Tons of client reviews and a USP. Will drive great resi clients your way for very little money.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Hey Cobra,

What is you location?.... Community/Area if you would share.

Curious about what size population and background you have in your service area.

Not sure if I can help, but maybe throw some thoughts your direction.

I am from a smaller market, but do ok for ourselves....but like everyone, we are always having to be ready to change and try to keep our marketing fresh.

I am from Grand Rapids, MN and here is some info about the area I service....I have family servicing and cleaning in the upper Midwest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Rapids,_Minnesota

The county I am in but it is large, so we don't really service it all....but we are the county seat

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itasca_County,_Minnesota

Reactions: cobra

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Its a huge question and if you are not careful will end up throwing a bunch of darts at the board hoping 1 will stick.
and spend a lot of money...

The first step is to narrow this down way, way more THEN you can plug in the best ways to reach that specific group.

Grab a piece of paper and pen, start asking questions.

1. What is your yearly $$ goal for next 3 years - $10k, $100, $200k?
2. What services do you provide
3. Choose 10k households or area or zip code etc to target
4. Now match up the best services to that target. (affluent homes have much more tile,stone, area rugs for example)
5. Now list 10 ways to reach that specific target ( middle class homes dont use interior decorators for example)
6. Go through that list looking for opportunities, is adwords competitive? for what keywords?
7. Coupon mailers? any competitors? does it make sense for that area
8. What are your unique/special skills? are you good with people and enjoy small talk, then a referral/networking campaign would be great to add. For example
9. etc, etc

The goal is to keep asking questions to narrow this down more and increase your probability for success.
Use some common sense and if you dont know an answer then ask people on forum if they have experience.

cobra

Name
DJ Holland
We service florence darlington and sumter counties in SC. Large area. I guess I was trying to figure where my time and money was better spent. Population wise very spread out. Rural area. We do some radio but thats it. We have website/facebook but looking for more. Curious about whats working.
Have had several different companies hard sell me on leads, but I dont trust them with my money.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Is that the "peedee" area?

Honestly have no idea what it's like to live in a smaller area like that.
My best guess would be to research more big media like radio, newspapers, etc.

Think you have to become a master of referrals too and provide a great service experience.
I assume in a smaller town word gets out pretty quick and any labels stick to you like glue.

cobra

Name
DJ Holland
We have a very good rep with our current clients. Thats not really what i was asking but i guess i am asking something that no one wants to answer???
Here is the question?? Rank your current marketing by the percentage of your business that it represents
Example(example only!!!!) Newspaper--10%
referrals --20%
billboards-----10%
website(google) ------30%
lead company------20%
misc. ------10%
This is my concern!!!!!!
first off, I have 19 years experience in middle management in the corp. world. I have over the years had many arguement about marketing and how to track it(I actually left one company because they were so stupid about the whole thing they didnt even want to know if what they were doing was working or not, they just wanted to keep guessing). I know it is very difficult to track, but there are ways!!!!
so, In short, I wanted to know where the bulk of business is coming from, whats weak, whats strong, Whats working!!!!
If no one wants to share thats fine! Just trying to get better!!!!

cobra

Name
DJ Holland
Is that the "peedee" area?

Honestly have no idea what it's like to live in a smaller area like that.
My best guess would be to research more big media like radio, newspapers, etc.

Think you have to become a master of referrals too and provide a great service experience.
I assume in a smaller town word gets out pretty quick and any labels stick to you like glue.
yes thats the Pee Dee area. Named so after the Pee Dee indians in this area. Small town, everone knows everyone.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
yes thats the Pee Dee area. Named so after the Pee Dee indians in this area. Small town, everone knows everyone.

Didnt one of the automakers build a huge plant there a while back?
Dont ask me why i would know that, know a lot of useless information.... :shifty:

Guys can be pretty protective of that kind of info, plus you cant blame the advertising medium if the cleaner doesnt do the work!
For me its mainly internet/direct mail for residential and commercial is telemarketing, door to door, email, mail. Not sure if thats a good fit for you tho.

My best suggestion would be to make a list of 10 options, find out the cost of each and figure out how many views/listeners you will get per $$.
Then you can ask yourself who is the best type of prospects. For example a country station may be better fit over a rap station.

1. adwords-
2. facebook-
3. direct mail-
4. newspaper
5. newspaper insert-
6. radio-
7. coupon mailers-
8. local trade shows-
9.Networking groups-
10. Social media- yelp, angies list, etc.

As an example, many other options out there.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Facebook now as a ReMarketing option available where you cookie all of those that have liked you. You can then setup a special campaign just to those clients.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom