Mikey’s Fest Florida updates

Mikey P

Administrator
Class schedule

MF sessions will take place during the Experience April 27~29th

Bill Yeadon- Hosts most classes/seminars

Mark Saiger,-
Mark will be presenting at the Mikey Fest portion about their experience of Two truckmounts on the same job site, his success in his small rural community, and his branding with flash, flare and color….and a lot a things he learned as a band director (passionately known as a band nerd!)
. 1 hour

Shari Saiger- Sits on the Women in cleaning business round table discussion. 2 hours

Joe Appleby –
Joe Appleby remembers at 12 yrs. old being part of the bucket brigade while using a portable unit with his dad. His dad went on to become an attorney leaving Joe then 20 with a portable cleaner and a ’69 Ford Econoline. Currently Appleby has 21 full time employees. His services include carpet, upholstery, stone, tile and grout cleaning. He also has a full service rug cleaning plant. Joe has 35 yrs. of real world experience with our industry. Are you thinking of hiring a helper or another 5 employees this year? He’ll share with you what can go right or wrong. With Joe, he’s an open book and nothing is off limits.
1.5 to 2 hours.

Tom King- The very latest sales tactics to rapidly grow your business. 1 hour

Tom King- Expanding into other services. Rugs, water, hard floors, flooring retail etc, he’s done it all with great insight. 1 hour

Karen King- Sits on the Women in cleaning business round table discussion. 2 hours

Michelle Gill- Sits on the Women in cleaning business round table discussion. 2 hours

Meg Burdick -Sits on the Women in cleaning business round table discussion. 2 hours

The Adam Hale Show.

Hand’s on Fabric Protector Demonstration and testing. Based on http://mikeysboard.com/professional-carpet-protector-testing-implemented-on-mikeys-board/ Hosted by Interlink. Treat 200 feet of freshly cleaned carpet and protect with one gallon of Scotchgard to see real dry times. Plenty of ½ treated ½ not treated to run equipment over-2 hours

Outside equipment testing with loads of dirty carpet and upholstery brought to you by the Amazing Dave Gill! Trade Show hours.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
What a great line up, these are great speakers with tons of helpful information for you.

I was fortunate enough to be able to sit in on their sessions last year and was frantically taking notes and taking screen shots of Tom's & Mark's Powerpoint presentations.

Well except Joe's presentation. Joe came walking up with what looked like the back of a napkin and worked off of it for his presentation. It was pure gold and stole the show. Low tech for sure but it was equally as high in value as it was low tech. :cool:

As great as the venue is, take advantage of the beach and weather on another day. You won't want to miss their presentations!!! :headbang:

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
You could make a dvd of that and sell more than some ride along video. That would be one investment that would pay for itself.
Last years line up was like the dream team. I thought I was at rich cleaner poor cleaner convention. except no one wanted to sell me anything. Just give me advise how to become a rich cleaner and not be abdcc.

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
Joe shared the story about one of his ex employees getting into trouble with the law. He even had the news paper article. I forget what it was the guy did, does anyone remember?

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
Why are the MF dates so much earlier than the Experience dates of April 27-29th while you listed 21-22nd?? I can't hang out in that area that long:(

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
You could make a dvd of that and sell more than some ride along video. That would be one investment that would pay for itself.
Last years line up was like the dream team. I thought I was at rich cleaner poor cleaner convention. except no one wanted to sell me anything. Just give me advise how to become a rich cleaner and not be abdcc.

Louis, that was an awesome testimonial. It was very real just like the speakers. As for Joe's story his tech was digging up bones in the cemetery.

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
Take a ride into Tampa and go to the Green Lemon for great Tex Mex and awesome drinks. This place is a must go when I visit Tampa/ Clear Water

Reactions: Mark Saiger

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
Where does everybody typically stay? Wanted to get my room booked.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar

Is that where most of you guys are staying?

It worked out well last year, having a lot of people stay in the same place. Rides easy to find, even if it meant riding with Jim Martin! :eekk:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Rides easy to find, even if it meant riding with Jim Martin! :eekk:
:clap:
Hell it could have been far worse, you could have rode with Lockhart!

Jim's good driver, he only scared me when were coming from the airport driving though the hills. He was flying though there with a grin on his face. :biggrin:

We were going so fast I think we almost went into another dimension! :winky:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

Jim's good driver, he only scared me when were coming from the airport driving though the hills. He was flying though there with a grin on his face. :biggrin:

your from Kansas...your just use to flat land...I am from the mountains...those where just small hills and turns to me....

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael

He would of made it to the hotel a heck of lot faster by not having to take the service road, there was a highway to use. I have no idea why he chose to take the much slower way and use that side road with all of those stop lights and such. One day we might find out.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
He would of made it to the hotel a heck of lot faster by not having to take the service road, there was a highway to use. I have no idea why he chose to take the much slower way and use that side road with all of those stop lights and such. One day we might find out.

I had no options...we got knocked out of the lane by some crazy driver...who flipped us off all the way down the highway as we were forced to take the service road and drive through the slums and a few drive by shootings...

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom