Multi-Truck Product Selection

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
For those of you who run a multi-truck, OR if you were running a multi-truck, which products would you select as your main pre-conditioner, urine odor remover, upholstery etc ?

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Good point- I guess I was thinking that for someone who has a lot of trucks on the road , wants something simple to use, safe, effective, COST EFFECTIVE etc. For example, Judson 02 is a versatile product but its very expensive so for a multi-truck operation who needs lower price points it becomes not as attractive as compared to running a 1 man show where you have higher margins etc.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Ben;

On your main preconditioner . . .

do you prefer a Powder or a Liquid ?? Liquids are easier to use, but lack oxidizers due to stability.

For Urine . . . I think the Dynachem Odor Attack with actual enzyme & oxidizer will give you the best success rate.

For Protector . . . a solvent-based fluorochemical (Ultraseal) which can be used for carpet AND Tile & Grout.

Larry

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I just love using Grease Eraser on all synthetic carpets, residential and commercial, just vary the concentration according to the situation. It's effective and totally safe to use and breathe in and customers never complain about the odor (there is none). I do not trust any other prespray on the market to not be toxic, and that is my main concern because I don't want to die from this work, and you should be most concerned about the health of your employees if only for pragmatic economic reasons. For wool rugs and carpets and all upholstery I use their (Chemeister's) Preaction which is an effective acid side preconditioner. For odors and urine I mainly use their Sunshine Proliminator which has (unregistered) quats and smells great. So there you have it, one company, three products, for rugs, carpets and upholstery. For tile, I use Magic Wand's Oxyblaster.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I just love using Grease Eraser on all synthetic carpets, residential and commercial, just vary the concentration according to the situation. It's effective and totally safe to use and breathe in and customers never complain about the odor (there is none). I do not trust any other prespray on the market to not be toxic, and that is my main concern because I don't want to die from this work, and you should be most concerned about the health of your employees if only for pragmatic economic reasons. For wool rugs and carpets and all upholstery I use their (Chemeister's) Preaction which is an effective acid side preconditioner. For odors and urine I mainly use their Sunshine Proliminator which has (unregistered) quats and smells great. So there you have it, one company, three products, for rugs, carpets and upholstery. For tile, I use Magic Wand's Oxyblaster.

Hey Art...is Gordon still kickin'....
if so tell him bob vawter sez hi...
if he's not............nevermind!

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Hey Art...is Gordon still kickin'....
if so tell him bob vawter sez hi...
if he's not............nevermind!
I think he died but Sandy and Linda say Gordon says hi when I come in there. My theory is his brain is still connected to the internet and he monitors everything from .....afar.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Ben;

Here is a comparison on another forum by Kevin Dumas . . .

"I've used both. Did a lot of side by side comparisons on commercial work.
Comparisons were (3) 8 ounce cups of Cobbs PowerMax versus (3) 8 ounce liquid measures of Judsons O2 + hot sauce modifier per 5 quart hydroforce.
For me Judson's just did not perform well on very soiled carpet. Cobb's out cleaned it every time and it costs about 1/3 of the O2 when you figure in the hot sauce additive and freight. Judson performed well on light to moderate soiled residential but very costly."

Larry

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
There is never a question that Cobbs can/will out clean just about everything out there............

consistency is the challenge........get the old stuff dialed in and it is all you will ever need to carry............

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
consistency is huge IMHO. especially multi

in stone, seems every time i order diamonds and polish it's different....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I only use it on carpets...but you can use it for tile....not sure about UPH

hogjowl

Idiot™
I use Powermax. I use it on just about everything. Personally, I've never noticed any change in it's cleaning ability from bucket to bucket. Sure, the color might change a bit, but it still cleans. I use it on tile too and it does just as good a Magic Potion. I used to use Magic Potion all the time, but not anymore. I want to get as close to one product as I can.

BUT, don't follow the label. 2 oz per gallon it fine on most jobs, 4 on heavy soil.

At 8 oz (what the label says), you don't get any better cleaning, but you get so much foam in your waste tank that your shut off won't work. You start blowing foam out the muffler.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
There is never a question that Cobbs can/will out clean just about everything out there............

consistency is the challenge........get the old stuff dialed in and it is all you will ever need to carry............

You know he had to change it because of California! Were special.

I love Powermax I started using it right after the formula change with the fragrance where it went from fruit slice to where it is now its got a nice fragrance customers like it. So far 10 45 lbs buckets and no variations here. They probably cut some d'limonene why it dropped its pop like Jim say's. But it would work as a synthetic upholstery P/S, I like upholstery P/S from Cobbs sudsy ammonia almost cleans with a horse hair brush and no extraction, ad a little Dynachem brightner and it really pops.

The odor attack is a good product just like CTI's OSR it effervesces slower though.

ara7y4ad.jpg

sehy7yte.jpg

ybyjume8.jpg

Just bought case 1 had a little less maybe theres a giant boulder in there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
Reactions: boazcan

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
jesus, after this thread its time to raise the rent again on Larry

He could dial in that powermax...( the old stuff ).....and he could rule the pre spray industry....I don't think even he knew how good it was....
I carried nothing but powermax for around 6 or 7 years....if it was grainy and a flat lid.....it was a real weak batch...get it fluffy with a popped lid...
nothing stood in its way........

Kipp

Name
kip
Ben;

On your main preconditioner . . .

do you prefer a Powder or a Liquid ?? Liquids are easier to use, but lack oxidizers due to stability.

For Urine . . . I think the Dynachem Odor Attack with actual enzyme & oxidizer will give you the best success rate.

For Protector . . . a solvent-based fluorochemical (Ultraseal) which can be used for carpet AND Tile & Grout.

Larry
Larry is there a way to filter out your chemicals on your website by category? Don't really feel like clicking through 195 products....

Name
Andy McFadden
what is the current fragrance of power max? I liked the original best, currently working on a 45 pound pail of fruit slice. Some one mentioned the fragrance was changed again?

The pig man is right on with dilution , 2 oz for most any job, 4 oz for trashed. I have to admit I notice a slight drop in performance with my current bucket, seems to have little or no oxygen this time. But still cleans good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom