Multi Truck w/ no advertising?

Mikey P

Administrator
Are any of you doing so or aware of a four truck plus operation that does little to no advertising/ marketing..

Flying on charm and over the top service..

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
We do 3 trucks but do advertise some. Used to be 9% of gross and we are down to 3%. Adding a 4th truck as soon as I can get it ready. Also do lots of wdr.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

tres davis

Name
tres
There's plenty of multi truck ops around here that don't advertise. They are mostly commercial/apartment operations and the complete opposite process as the forum superstar way

Brian H

Name
Brian H
We have a local company with a similar sounding name to ours that doesn't appear to do any advertising. Last I hear they are running 3-4 trucks.

Reactions: Mikey P

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Flying on charm and over the top service..
I'm sure it can be done Mike. Are you thinking of your Santa Cruz setup or your new startup?

I can see it more viable as an existing company but not as a startup. As a startup I think you'd be shooting yourself in the foot. It will take too long building a client base on at a time through word of mouth.

Reactions: Mikey P

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Why would you consider it though? :confusedd:

"IF" any monies spent towards marketing return more money to you than spent, then it really doesn't cost even if a campaign is only mildly successful.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
I just don't see how you could do that in this day an age with NO marketing what so ever. No facebook, no web page, no professional networking groups - strictly word of mouth from your current clients. That would be tough.

I guess it depends on what exactly you define as NO marketing.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I think Meg and David have brought up an important point:

Today, 3/4 of the way through 2015, people don't engage in "word of mouth" like they did even just a few years ago. Men don't talk to their neighbors over the hedges, or work on cars together in the driveway as much as they used to, or at all in some neighborhoods.

More to the point of people who buy cleaning, women tend to communicate with each other more through FB than sitting having tea in the kitchen. I have observed some of the ladies in my life having what amounted to conversations on FB through their phones and I felt puzzled that they just didn't call them.

So if FB is the "kitchen table", it would seem that today's word of mouth would include being able to be easily found on FB, as well as having an informative website that would say the things friends say to each other in more detail and depth.

I know this doesn't really answer your question, but I do think it needs to be asked and answered in today's environment and culture, not the one that existed when you started your business.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
So if FB is the "kitchen table", it would seem that today's word of mouth would include being able to be easily found on FB, as well as having an informative website that would say the things friends say to each other in more detail and depth.
The absolute best part about that is these people should be included in your "likes" total. Organic "Engagement" will at least reach those that are clients at no cost to you. (like shooting fish in a barrel) :winky:

However as cheap as Facebook is you can expand your audience by simply targeting the demographics that best fits your clientele. :cool:

Remember the "Post" must be something worthy of their attention. Good images and a brief text work best.

Hardwood%20Post_zpsblbcmcwu.jpg

Facebook has a 20% rule so you have to limit anything you put on the image to no more than 20% of the total image.

Here is the link so you can upload your proof and make sure it meets the criteria.
https://www.facebook.com/ads/tools/text_overlay?_rdr

Its not hard, if my dumbass can do it anyone can. :biggrin:

If you feel like its over your head Facebook has a lot of videos available. If you want to spend $700.00 with them in a month Facebook will provide you with a rep that will walk you though Facebook marketing and every dollar will go towards actual ads for you. https://www.facebook.com/business/resources

Not into spending that much? lynda.com for $24.00 has tons of info on Facebook as well as many many other subjects. They also walk you through with video & text. Learn at your own pace whenever you have the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
The absolute best part about that is these people should be included in your "likes" total. Organic "Engagement" will at least reach those that are clients at no cost to you. (like shoot fish in a barrel)
However as cheap as Facebook is you can expand your audience exponentially by just by simply targeting the demographics that fit your clientele.
Remember the "Post" must be something worthy of their attention. Good images and a brief text work best. Facebook has a 20% rule so you have to limit anything you put on the image to no more than 20% of the total image.
Here is the link so you can upload your proof and make sure it meets the criteria.
https://www.facebook.com/ads/tools/text_overlay?_rdr
Its not hard, if my dumbass can do it anyone can.
If you feel like its over your head Facebook has a lot of videos available. If you want to spend $700.00 with them in a month Facebook will provide you with a rep that will walk you though Facebook marketing and every dollar will go towards actual ads for you.
Not into spending that much? lynda.com for $24.00 has tons of info on Facebook as well as many many other subjects. They also walk you through with video & text. Learn at your own pace whenever you have the time.

This does NOT get you out of doing a FB call for us, Richard!:lol:

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom