my 1st encap job.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
20150702_083659.jpg 20150702_092315.jpg

I did my 1st ever encap job.. the customer and I were pleasantly surprised at the results.
It was only about 1000 sq ft- and took about 1 hour so I don't think there was any time saving over HWE-- but Encap was easier on the body.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
View attachment 4680 View attachment 4681

I did my 1st ever encap job.. the customer and I were pleasantly surprised at the results.
It was only about 1000 sq ft- and took about 1 hour so I don't think there was any time saving over HWE-- but Encap was easier on the body.

Good looking results!

What machine did you use?

With practice your speed should increase.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I guess after a certain age you guys don't notice the cord and the machine in the picture...?

I was surprised too.... to see Rick asking that question..

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Wasn't it MArty years ago who encapp'ed some hotel rooms and people complained about dirty socks???

I Told the customer I was going to be testing a new "Appearance Improvement Service" which uses less water then the traditional service due the extreme drought in California. I was deliberate in avoiding the words- Clean or Cleaning.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Dirty socks could occur with encap. After all the soil is still there waiting to be extracted via post-vacuuming.
Of course, dirty socks can occur with HWE, or any other method of cleaning. Even in Prattville. :razz:

Last edited:

hogjowl

Idiot™
My thoughts are they are just as likely. Anyone who has ever post padded after HWE knows the soils we leave behind. It's not a lot, but what's left is left right at the tips of the fibers. Just waiting on a clean sock. If hotel owners weren't so cheap, I'd recommend HWE with Microban Carpet Cleaning Prespray, rinse with a rotary extractor and post bonneting with a cotton bonnet.

No way they're going to pay for all that.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I agree with using a microban carpet style sanitizer as a bonnet cleaner.

Forget that expensive encrap shampoos. There are much more better bonnet cleaning formulas that are much cheaper to use.

Upsell them on a .................. $28 bottle of spotter : )

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
We encap a daycare - clean it once a month and have no probem with dirty socks. But after we encap it we HOST it. Try that. :)

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
We encap a daycare - clean it once a month and have no probem with dirty socks. But after we encap it we HOST it. Try that. :)

That's about as disgusting as they can be...

To encap and host sponge a daycare where little toddlers crawling around on the carpet...-is a full on sin.
If I had a kid in a daycare and I knew about this - I'd be pulling my kid right outta there and would have a serious talk with all other parents to do the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nate The Great

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Sorry Will...but anytime I run into a previously Host cleaned carpet we end up vacuuming up a ton of magic sponges.
I don't understand how that's acceptable in your eyes, to leave the encap crystals and Host sponges in that carpet.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Those cleaners must not use proper vacuums or clean properly, because we don't have this problem. I guess just like there are shitty steam cleaners, there are crappy host cleaners. Don't diss it until you know how to do a proper cleaning with the process of your choice. This daycare is ran inside of a large water company in our area. The owners of this company are the ones who hired us because of the horrible job done by 2 HWE services prior used. The HR director, company employees, have done nothing but praise our cleaning and we clean most of these employee's homes on top of the owners. So it is myself and our team -- that actually get upset with all the dirty water and soap residue left behind by HWE. I don't understand how that is acceptable.

A large shoe store we clean this way also had complaints about dirty socks prior by HWE and once an encap cleaning. After we began cleaning it, never a problem again and they have been a customer for over 3 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P and Shorty

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
hahaha!

And some of you seriously believe those crystals encapsulate soil! And to do a double whammy with a HOST product....................... cRAzY!

In a daycare............criminal................

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Those cleaners must not use proper vacuums or clean properly, because we don't have this problem. I guess just like there are shitty steam cleaners, there are crappy host cleaners. Don't diss it until you know how to do a proper cleaning with the process of your choice. This daycare is ran inside of a large water company in our area. The owners of this company are the ones who hired us because of the horrible job done by 2 HWE services prior used. The HR director, company employees, have done nothing but praise our cleaning and we clean most of these employee's homes on top of the owners. So it is myself and our team -- that actually get upset with all the dirty water and soap residue left behind by HWE. I don't understand how that is acceptable.

A large shoe store we clean this way also had complaints about dirty socks prior by HWE and once an encap cleaning. After we began cleaning it, never a problem again and they have been a customer for over 3 years.

"Don't diss it until you know how to do a proper cleaning with the process of your choice." I don't get this sentence....

Will, it is nothing against you..but the fact, that you guys leave encap polymers and Host sponges in those carpets where babies and toddlers roll around touching and licking everything.

We all have our success stories with different places...We all heard the same old same old. And we do clean a daycare too where they had low moisture clean before and was unacceptable.
Also, just because the company employees and directors are now customers of yours - it doesn't make it right or ok. Afterall we all know the biggest hacks out there that somehow stay pretty busy and get referrals all the time...but it doesn't make it right what they do.

Again, don't take it personally...I just don't feel comfortable with it..I have a two year old and it's too fresh in my mind, how much the little bloke was rolling crawling all over the carpets not too long ago.

Reactions: Papa John

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
"Don't diss it until you know how to do a proper cleaning with the process of your choice." I don't get this sentence....

Will, it is nothing against you..but the fact, that you guys leave encap polymers and Host sponges in those carpets where babies and toddlers roll around touching and licking everything.

I don't understand what your response is to the soap residue and 15% of dirty water left over after HWE cleaning? Why would you want your children crawling on that? We cleaned an apartment that had HWE cleaning a few weeks prior and after the child crawling on the carpet began to develop ring worm all over his arms and feet. Explain? (Of course the answer to this is, hack job, or some other related issue)... but never the less. HOST is an organic product. What products are you using? (Just out of curiosity and research purpose).

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
What Causes Ringworm?
Ringworm is caused by a fungus that grows on the skin. Once the fungus is established, it spreads out in rings. The center of the ring may clear up, while a new ring of infection develops at the edge of the old ring.

Children are most likely to get ringworm. Ringworm of the scalp can spread from child to child when children share hats, combs, or brushes. Ringworm of the body can be spread on towels, clothing, or sports equipment. Personal hygiene is important in preventing the spread of ringworm. Dogs and cats can be infected with ringworm, too, and they can pass it to people through direct contact.

They probably had dogs or cats in the house.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom