My Tomcat turbo vacuum :-)

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
So my buddy was talking to me today about getting a super wide vacuum, to make it faster on empties, ... HE PRE VACS EVERYTHING...not knocking him he does very good work.
So after a few beers this is what I came up with.. I have to finish it up tomorrow but it will have a main 2" vac tube.
I think this was after beer 4 or 5. Just having fun
IMG_20150301_182102807_zpsoajhfphh.jpg

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
You should see what a Vortex does to that belt and gears...

Oh lordy.
Right !!! I had one a while back and just smoked it for the fun of it, But this may be a little different, I am going to basically Y them together, still will need a vac relief in the main tube, this really is just fun.....but who knows it may kick butt.....Or go flying out the front door

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
So it actually worked I put tube on it this morning before I headed out a little ruff but the dang thing did good.
TOMCAT%20turbo%20018_zpssilpdkdr.jpg
Here is a little action

Reactions: Erik

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Even on idle I melted one of those. Plus it's an expensive machine to run just to vac a carpet. Cool idea thou

Gene

Name
Lee Stockwell
I would love to redesign one of those in metal, but fix two problems first:

1. Move the power turbine OUT of the dirty air stream.

2. A simple governor for the turbine speed.

Someone would sell thousands of them. A lightweight vacuuming tool that would not self-destruct, yet take full advantage of a TM's power.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
But why would I run a $15000-20000 truckmount that has a $3000-5000 blower in there to do the job of a $200 vacuum cleaner?

I wouldn't even do with a dust downer.

Have done it it...never again.

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Lee Stockwell
But why would I run a $15000-20000 truckmount that has a $3000-5000 blower in there to do the job of a $200 vacuum cleaner?

Why run a TM when a Hoover can "clean" carpets for 200bux?

I'd just like a tool that could vacuum while the solution line is being used with the HF. I don't care what my TM costs, it's paid for and bulletproof. I've also got great filters.

Name
Nate W.

Because you can have true Hepa vacuuming without contaminating in-door air quality... Just ask Bryan with DA Burns...

I do agree with Lee that the Turbo vacs need to be redesigned...

Name
Lee Stockwell
Move the turbine that powers the brush. Trash doesn't need to go through it. Split the air stream so that the turbine draws the small amount of filtered air needed to work effectively.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I'm really suprised nobody has made a dry filter, dust collector like a shopvac style you hook between the truckmount and a vac attachement like this (much like an inline filter ) so that you can utilize the best vacuum for your prevac since it is already running as Lee mentioned.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I'm really suprised nobody has made a dry filter, dust collector like a shopvac style you hook between the truckmount and a vac attachement like this (much like an inline filter ) so that you can utilize the best vacuum for your prevac since it is already running as Lee mentioned.

InlineVac.jpg

hogjowl

Idiot™
Pigsnot in the future would you please say "Excuse Me!" instead of "Pardon Me!"
Thanks!

See if you say "excuse me" then I can say "there is no excuse for you."

It just makes my job so much easier. ;)
I figured you border jumpers would be more comfortable with the word pardon.

Name
Nate W.
I actually have one, but I believe it was made for portables... It has 1 1/2" ports with a dry filter bag and would use replaceable paper bags... I'll try and get a picture of it...

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Travis Sonderegger

Supportive Member
Name
Travis Sonderegger
So with something like that you can just use your portable for suction and use the in line filter so all the shiz doesn't go through your machine, correct?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I have a metal cyclone for woodworking. Would probably take the vacuum at idle. I really don't care about a dust downer. I use my truck mount for vacuuming edges with the shop vac attachment. It goes through the outside filter and then the blower has two 100 mesh filters. Good enough for me. Never caused a problem.

Gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom