New set up

Lorenzo

Name
Ernie Kosar
I'm building a new box truck and I am considering to go live with all my hoses vacuum high-pressure and freshwater with automatic real up on all three reels
Is there any pros and cons about doing that
I've heard people say not to go live with vacuum hoses

Lorenzo

Name
Ernie Kosar
I'm building a new box truck and I am considering to go live with all my hoses vacuum high-pressure and freshwater with automatic real up on all three reels
Is there any pros and cons about doing that
I've heard people say not to go live with vacuum hoses

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
All my hoses are live on both trucks...apo...freshwater. ...and solution. ..all except vacuum hose....that one will just cause you to many problems

Reactions: dealtimeman

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
My solution and fresh water are live. My vac is not. Years ago I had live vac reals, now I do not. I wouldn't want a live vac again.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
My fresh water line is live but a live solution line ages all the lines unnecessarily. Also adding extra pressure line to a run dramically reduces your final pressure assuming 1/4". I do have a 50' section of solution that can easily be run to the spool and connected should I find a reason.

Gene

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Some ideas maybe here for you on our set up. Live reel yet when needed, but never use a live reel unless fully pulled out.

I have a number of videos on my YouTube of our Butlers set up.

Reactions: Lorenzo

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
WE have live vac on the Butlers but not live solution. The heat would cook the hose and even melt the interior of the solution hose reel. None of our Prochem's have live anything.....not even tech's. We use robots! :winky:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
all the machines I have had......everyone had a live solution reel......not once have I ever cooked or hurt a hose......it will discolor..but that's about it...........

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Its done it with the stock Butler hose and worse with the Nepture. Discolored and brittle the rubber even broke down in the stock hose. Haven't had the issue once we disconnected the reel.

Jim do you un-spool the reel at every job?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Its done it with the stock Butler hose and worse with the Nepture. Discolored and brittle the rubber even broke down in the stock hose. Haven't had the issue once we disconnected the reel.

Jim do you un-spool the reel at every job?

no never have.........I just pull off what I need......even for as hot as that 570 gets.....I can't say I have ever hurt one......

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Man I wish that were the case with us. We ruined a lot of hose before we finally gave up on live solution. :errf:

It even distorted the reel from the heat. I'd have thought you'd have an even bigger problem with it being out in your temps. :confusedd:

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I replace my lead hose every year. running a live spool ages it all the same. if it breaks i guess it would be outside. still it kills your actual pressure at the wand which means you would have to compensate at the machine. what ever works.

gene

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
We use the live solution line reels also, and just change it out about once a year for safety purposes.

We keep the old hose and have them cut down, or as a back up if we break or cut a hose until we can get a new one in (if we are out of the others :) )

hogjowl

Idiot™
Live solution reels here to. Don't unroll it all or do anything special, other than replace it every year.

I don't think Kansas gets any hotter than Pigsville, and I've Never warped a hose reel.

To tell you the truth, I don't think it was the hose reel that's warped.

My fresh water line is live but a live solution line ages all the lines unnecessarily. Also adding extra pressure line to a run dramically reduces your final pressure assuming 1/4". I do have a 50' section of solution that can easily be run to the spool and connected should I find a reason.

Gene
I agree. I stopped running live solution line about 6 years ago and noticed my hoses last three times longer. I have 100' section then 50' sections, but I think it would be best to have 125' section which will cover 95 percent of what you clean and then 50' sections after that. Yes don't run live. Your hoses will bust and wear out a lot faster. Fresh water and possibly apo yes...definitely not vacuum.

Reactions: Mikey P

tcdepot

Name
The Cleaner's Depot
The biggest issue that we see with a live solution reel is that the swivel (we use Rokan's swivel) is a wear-and-tear part. Don't have much issue with live garden hose. I think both have the ability to make life much easier. If you go with a live solution hose, I'd recommend longer length hose, maybe like a 150' and two 50', and put the 150' on the reel last. Would definitely stay away from live vacuum. We do put a remote port at the back of the van, which makes life easier, too.

A real nice touch is to do an electric hose reel with a dual stand bracket in from with your solution and garden hose reels right there. Saves a good chunk of room in the back of a van.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
windtrax.........part number 7475 is the swivel..
and part number 7475K is the rebuild kit....

about $30 for the swivel and $12 for the rebuild kit...I have used these for years on fresh water....solution...and my APO... and only had to rebuild one and it was on a fresh water reel....

IMG_5868_zps9f28fe9c.jpg

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I need to replace my lead hose. It's currently set up with a 50' lead but I think I'm going to to switch it up a bit.

I've only experienced Black Death once, several years ago, but I think I will try the non steel braid this time.

My reel is set up live but I'm reconsidering.

How long is your lead?

What's the best solution line, regardless of price?

Thanks!

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
It's not just the black death, the steel hose gets MUCH hotter.

I switched to parker hose the day after I thought my steel braid hose left a very small hose line from the heat on some berber.
My lead hose is 100' of parker, I try to not keep quick connects in the house. 50' of steel hose off the truck, 100' for inside, quick connect left outside the door.

Reactions: Russ T.
Name
BradFenstermaker
I only run live water supply hose.

Lead has been 100ft but going to try 125 next. I couldget 90% of my day work with 125.

Windtrax may charge more for odd size not sure.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Lead? What the heck is that?
One length ... 200 ft. .... no quick connects. (Except at the reel.)

The lead hose would be the one that connects to the wand(the thing you push)...

One length ... 200 ft.

You ever tried parker hose, Mardie? You generally don't run it right off the truck, too hot for it. You use parker as your lead(see above) hose and steel hose off the truck, like I said...

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
The lead hose would be the one that connects to the wand(the thing you push)...

You ever tried parker hose, Mardie? You generally don't run it right off the truck, too hot for it. You use parker as your lead(see above) hose and steel hose off the truck, like I said...

Hey Jerry,

How long is your lead?

How much of the steel braid do you have on between TM and lead?

Do you have a live reel?

Thanks!

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
lead is 100' of parker.

50' of steel braid at the truck.

I don't use my live reel.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
100' would get me to the truck in many situations. Do you just plug the lead direct into your machine, or run some steel first?

The Clean Machine

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
IMHO-- Why would you want to decrease the performance of your TM with Live Vac Wheels?

If you have a Vortex- then Maybe ok?-- but IMHO-- why not just use the hose you need and turn down the RPM's and save some gas?

As for solution line-- All solution lines will last longer If you don't use them-- So why go Live?

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Personally anything other then a live freshwater line is not a good IMO. Using solution lines that you don't need will just wear them out unnecessarily and your losing a bit of heat each 50 feet that's out as well

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
IMHO-- Why would you want to decrease the performance of your TM with Live Vac Wheels?

If you have a Vortex- then Maybe ok?-- but IMHO-- why not just use the hose you need and turn down the RPM's and save some gas?

As for solution line-- All solution lines will last longer If you don't use them-- So why go Live?

My truck was set up with a live reel when I bought it. I believe the previous owner did it for 2 reasons, he believed it was convenient and saved him time.

I've had the truck (Ford/Cleanco) for over a year now and I want to get it dialed in. I like to switch things up a little sometimes, I never know until I try (and ask you guys [emoji106]).

It looks like Olson has the Parker and I think I'll go ahead and give it a shot.

What lengths would you go for? I'd consider moving to a 100' lead (Parker) if it's fine to plug direct to the truck?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom