new truck broken alread..558 miles on it

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Nothing like your brand new truck with 550 miles breaking down
I took delivery of my 2015 gmc 1 ton 6.0 loaded with a pro 1200
Get the van with 44 miles at the 558 mile point the check charging system light came on
Then the volt meter steadily dropped and 5 mins later I was sitting on the side of the road

Well a call to Jondon and Rick Aranda to see where to start looking for the problem confirmed why I bough from Jondon

This is where the awesome powerful customer service kicked in big time

They got me hooked up with Eddie their head installed
He's awesome

Walked me through a few tests and things to mess with till we confirmed a bad alternator

They offered to get the truck to them for warranty repair
Or have me do it and the reimburse me or whatever I wanted that was easiest and fastest for me

I put the truck back together and charged the battery and limped it to local dealer for warranty swap out

Super easy

I was happy to get into the repair myself to learn the truck more and Eddie knew this rig like it was sitting in front of him

Here are some pics of alternator removed and clutch removed

Total job 30 mins or so

Great easy system to work on

Thanks Rick and Jondon

11826029_10153107166958403_394435135832665713_n.jpg
11825069_10153107167008403_2701921116120664910_n.jpg
11836699_10153107167018403_3940032924466069272_n.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...=pcb.1477669072548135&type=1&relevant_count=2

Reactions: dgardner

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
butler is looking better more and more

dude..this thread simply thanking jondon and rick for their awesome service..the alternator has nothing to do with the pro 1200

if it were a butler and i called them about the alternator i would have been laughed at and told its a van problem go to dealer..i know this because i owned 5 butlers
instead i was offered several options for a super fast repair of something that has zero to do with jondon or sapphire

the trans went out in my butler rigged gmc 1 ton..thats the reason i switched away from butler (yes that was a joke)

Reactions: Cleantechsk

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
had a box van & my daughters Rav 4 both do the same thing within days of each other. Who knew I could have called JonDon for help! :winky:

lol i wanted to eliminate any wiring related to install before going to dealer but they even called the dealer to be sure they had the alternator and to flex whatever muscle they had
to get it done asap being they buy so many gmc trucks..

i was pretty happy having some back up and not sitting on a island

F

FB7777

Dave

That's great customer service ,

Don't know if you already discussed it but what made you switch to the 1200?

Is there more room with the new setup?

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
well first thing i want to make clear is..butler is a awesome company with a awesome product..i made a ton of money
with 5 butlers over the years so the decision to switch was not taken lightly by any means..it was a long thought out and researched
decision.
i did a side by side pro and con list also and kept visiting it to be positive before i made my decision

the main points are space, better blower and smoother operation with less rpm meaning less maint and fuel and wear and tear on van plus relationship
i feel in the years i have been with sapphire i have a stronger relationship and feel someone has my back better than i ever have

although butler never left me hanging i deff felt a look down the nose and not a big jump to attention when i had trouble..butler is a older established company
and with that comes clicks and guys that simply dont want to hear "it"...example..tom and i went around and around on a issue and wouldnt let me explain it completely because in his
words he was very good at what he did and was confident i had not seen or dealt with the things he had..well that pissed me off a bit because i had a broken machine and his over the phone
trouble shooting over a 2 day period actually ended up getting diagnosed correctly after a long conversation with mark seiger who listened to all the problems and symptoms and what i did myself
because im not stupid and am actually rather good at turning a wrench and problem solving..so after i called tom back to let him know so next time he would be able to help someone he made it crystal
clear he was not interested in learning or hearing anything about it..

stuff like that

they are to far away and have to many vital propitiatory parts that if they break on a friday and you cant get the guy you need to ship the part next day air
you are done working till tuesday

with sapphire there are lots of friendly options and plenty of distributors that can ship a part asap not just 1 place

the sole biggest thing though was relationship and "have my back security"

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Everything's gonna break. Who has your back when it does?

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
if something breaks on a friday afternoon i can call like 6 different distributors that stock parts and can trouble shoot problems....butler is the only one that stocks butler parts but there several guys that can help
trouble shoot outside of butler..mark helped me out when i was stumped one time..butler was also but because they didnt want to listen to me..they had it figured out so they thought
quickly because tom was busy and smarter than me lol

i dont need my hand help..im a gear head and have rebuilt several jeeps, race cars and boats..but sometimes another head helps and parts in stock somewhere helps a lot also

i have been more than once in a friday afternoon situation and been told the part would ship monday stopping me from working till tues late afternoon or wed am

remember im not trashing butler im just being honest..my first truck ever was a 06 butler..i have a long history with them..both good and not so good

this is my personal experience and opinion

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i took my Genie apart today...couldn't stand that cheap assed brass regulator....switched it to the Stainless billet Para-Plate...nothing but the best....
i DID mention my LIFETIME GUARANTY......right?
Shake down run tomorrow...cleaning mommas house!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom