no blower silencer vs. universal silencer

tubad sosad

Name
joe mama

being a direct drive it would also help to put another muffler on the engine exhaust, call it the vawter twins (from the movie timecop).

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
notice how i set up the intake on the side of the Flowmaster and welded up the intake hole on the end.......that cuts the sine wave peaks right off as it's no longer a straight thru flow.....

see inside and out...

1301687311906-1.jpg
have i mentioned that i'm buildin' another one ...the worlds BEST direct drive carpet cleaner, that is?

Last edited:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Huh.. whad you say..i can't hear you....!

Ashley...loudness is in the ear of the beholder.......lol....

who's did you hear AND was it still the way I made it.....
i did send a few out on pallets to be installed by the customer....

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
who's did you hear AND was it still the way I made it

since they're sorta close ..my WAG would be Chris Lee's???

car mufflers instead of blower silencers always seemed a bit "backyardish" to me

I don't recall my SG Hydro Genie having a muffler .
if i recall, it was a big heavy blower silencer

It's the small backyard builders that use mufflers ...cause they're cheaper i reckon

..L.T.A.

Name
Nate W.
since they're sorta close ..my WAG would be Chris Lee's???

car mufflers instead of blower silencers always seemed a bit "backyardish" to me

I don't recall my SG Hydro Genie having a muffler .
if i recall, it was a big heavy blower silencer

It's the small backyard builders that use mufflers ...cause they're cheaper i reckon

..L.T.A.

You calling @bob vawter cheap?!? Doesn't he ceramic coat stuff?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
me an' the old womens got a joke.....when in a restaurant we order water wit lemon and then put sugar in it....
we're the cheapskates......we laugh and laugh!

Reactions: dgardner

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
My understanding of silencers is that acoustic packing around the inlet knocks down the high-frequency component, and an expansion chamber (or series of them) takes care of the lows. The volume of the chamber(s) is dependant on the wavelength of the sound - so the lows require bigger chambers to be effective. This is why silencers tend to be so big.

It is possible to make a silencer smaller while attaining the same amount of sound reduction, but at a cost of increased pressure drop. It's always a tradeoff, nothing comes for free......

281440.jpe

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
My understanding of silencers is that acoustic packing around the inlet knocks down the high-frequency component, and an expansion chamber (or series of them) takes care of the lows. The volume of the chamber(s) is dependant on the wavelength of the sound - so the lows require bigger chambers to be effective. This is why silencers tend to be so big.

It is possible to make a silencer smaller while attaining the same amount of sound reduction, but at a cost of increased pressure drop. It's always a tradeoff, nothing comes for free......

View attachment 4669
yep, that's what I said. Lol

Back
Top Bottom