now that's Sealed!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Is it slippery Mike?

I had a call from a local hotel to check out their pool area (which is a mess) and we can't tell if it was sealed.

If we get it cleaned up, they maybe want to seal it but don't want slippery of course around a pool.

There's is Colored and stamped type concrete.

Gonna do some testing if can get to clean without acidic, but not sure....

Might need some help with this one!

2014-09-16134614_zps22a95086.jpg

Bad area in shower room .... Lot's of color changes I think from chlorine

2014-09-16134606_zpse042d22f.jpg

Maintenance tested this area with acidic cleaner and took them 4 times to get to this more clear color.....

2014-09-16134842_zps6eb9e9bb.jpg

Can't find a spot that indicates it might have been sealed....but who knows what they did when they built it.

Attachments

• 2014-09-16134614_zps22a95086.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 140
Name
cameron demille
Uhh...I honestly don't know where to buy it from online. I have an account with Sunshine Supply, I buy a bunch of Prosoco stuff from them.

If you want to try it, i can order a few in and get it to you for whatever the MSRP is. I know it's bewteen $45-$50 per quart.

We have some other stuff I'd like you to try Mike. I'll give up a bottle if you want to use it and report back. it;s been working really well for everyone who has been using it.

Name
cameron demille
one thing to remember is that even thought the surface is sealed correctly, it doesn't mean you won't ever see absorption. A good sealer will sometimes allow some absorption, but it should go away within an hour or so for the worst cases. So something like straight olive oil might leave a spot after sitting for a while. That will dissipate on it's own, rather than stay. "OMG IT'S BEADING UP!" is not an accurate test of how a sealer is working. They will all bead up after application. You can wipe your forehead and rub it in the stone and it will bead up.

Also, over the years, I have found one thing to be consistent regardless of what sealer have used: if you do 3 applications, or whatever you normally do. You will see far better results by doing that 3rd application 24 hours after the second, rather than doing all 3 the same day.

Each application must be done only after the stone has returned to it's original color from the prior application. If it's still wet, adding a second coat does almost nothing. The second coat can't occupy the same physical space as the 1st coat.

We have a new 2 part sealer in the works right now. It's very similar to what we currently offer, but a little more potent. It will be available in pint, quart and gallon sizes shortly. It's an instant cure formula. It cures in seconds.

Reactions: kingjoelking

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
Cameron have you ever used Tenax Hydrex? Is it also a quality product? Or is it just good at sealing Granite.

Name
cameron demille
Thanks!!! Was there something about it you didnt like?

If anything, just the smell. I never really had any particular problems with it. I'm a distributor for Tenax, but I don't stock their sealers. I guess I just got settled in with several different sealers and have stuck with it for a bit. A lot of granite fabricators love the Tenax stuff, they really do make good chemicals.

I used to use Aquamix and Stone Tech a lot, but when they sold out to Dupont and Customs, the formulas changed and they never worked the same again.

I have been using MB-24 lately. It's a VOC free water based sealer that actually works very well. F-721 is something that we've been selling and using a lot. It's a concentrated pint you mix with water or denatured alcohol.

There are a lot of good sealers out there, but I feel you have to kind of get to know each one and become familiar with exactly how they work on different surfaces, so I prefer to stick with a half dozen or so. Every year or so, I'll switch and start using another one for a bit. I like to rotate stuff in and out. There's just too many out there to use all the good ones.

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
Great answer thank you very much!!!!!!! That link I posted said that it sealed better then the ProSoco and it is quite a bit less expensive. But smell is a big deal to alot of customers.

Thanks Cameron!!!!!!

Name
cameron demille
I know Kris Jorgenson (the guy that did the test) pretty well and he's very good at what he does, so I would say the test is pretty accurate. It was only done on one stone though. The thing about sealers is they don't typically work the same on all stones. It's good to try several and find what works best for you

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
I know Kris Jorgenson (the guy that did the test) pretty well and he's very good at what he does, so I would say the test is pretty accurate. It was only done on one stone though. The thing about sealers is they don't typically work the same on all stones. It's good to try several and find what works best for you

Yeah I was wondering bout that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom