numbers for 2014

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
First full year of the web work. I surpassed last years gross(including part-time jobs and when I sold back my portion of the cleaning company) back in September. Great year! Hoping next year's growth is similar as I start hitting other service based markets. All word of mouth so - as always thank you to all those here that I do work for and who have helped spread the word.

I'm on the board for two local non-profits in my community. One is a food bank where we hand deliver food and hygiene products to needy families in my community. All ran by volunteers and we do not take a single cent to pay for our time, all donations go towards the cause. The other is a drug, alcohol, and domestic abuse counseling service. I've been able to contribute some great financial help to these organizations and we have literally saved lives. Both organizations have a deep personal meaning to me, and again a big heart felt thank you for helping me to create a better world to live in. Working in the community has helped my business locally and should you get the chance I recommend you volunteer when you can. It pays in dividends.

Sorry to hijack the thread, hope everyone else is having a great year.

tracywalker

Name
Tracy
I cruised alone about the same as 2013 the first 3-4 months of the year. We actually had a "bad" weather winter by our standards. Winter in NC means only 1 inch of snow and EVERYTHING shuts down so I had a few slow months. But for some reason the last 4 months have been crazy good. Best 4 month stretch of my career. Made enough extra to buy a nice used Butler, and about to buy another. Taking on a full timer starting soon for the other van. I want to be a poor mans version of the Saiger Empire in 2015.

Reactions: jkowalski

hogjowl

Idiot™
My sales are up by 18% over this same period (Jan through Oct) in 2013. I have worked 84 more invoices this year. My average sale is $5.42 down from last year.
This increase has happened because of no activity on my part. I am doing nothing different. It's apparently just a natural development from doing good work and allowing ServiceMonster keep in touch with my customers and paying for my crappy website to be at the top of my local listings.

Next year will be different. I am structuring a marketing program and business makeover as we speak. I plan on 2015 to be much different.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Well, good news and bad news.

Started the year off losing a $10ok ish cleaning contract, sooo behind the 8 ball a little bit from beginning.
The good news is we did replace the profit by now but not revenue.

Right now I'm on a tear with commercial carpet/tile.
Last couple months up to 72 qualified leads and out of 26 estimates only lost 2 so far. Some are still in process..
Working on 3 nice ones right now and hope to close by first snowfall.

The wave is definitely coming, november is almost done already.

Reactions: Mikey P

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We are up 110k yyear to date and I've been doing everything I can but dance naked...wait I did that too but sales tanked that month. ;)

The thing with restoration is no matter what I do...it has little effect sales. Its mostly luck, good luck when it happens, bad luck when it doesn't.

The best I can do is plant seeds so when it does happen, so we are top of the mind. :winky:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jkowalski

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Everything after April(crazy winter, worst EVER) has been just unreal, extremely thankful... Things are becoming consistent for us with VERY little $$$ spent. Were up 17k:rockon: over last year, selling hardly any protector!

Wife answering the phone(when she can, 2 kids) has helped the most. Plus, she charges more than me.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I won't know my numbers until sometime next winter when I count my money in order to do my taxes. But it's been a great year and I've been going six and even seven days a week to keep up with the volume, and as long as my body holds up and I remain injury free, I'm sure this will be a record year as I enter my 40th year doing this work. I still find this job to be mostly enjoyable and challenging mentally and physically.

Reactions: Russ T. and hogjowl

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I won't know my numbers until sometime next winter when I count my money in order to do my taxes. But it's been a great year and I've been going six and even seven days a week to keep up with the volume, and as long as my body holds up and I remain injury free, I'm sure this will be a record year as I enter my 40th year doing this work. I still find this job to be mostly enjoyable and challenging mentally and physically.
That's great Art! Hard to beat doing what you enjoy for a living.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
how can he enjoy what I do? Dipshit, he lives in Deetroit.
I'm way out here in God's country ( far from your Porkchop ass!) :cool:

I'm not retarded, my mom had me tested and it was close but I'm nearly normal. ;)

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
O.K. I am going out for dinner.
Any chance, by the time I'm back Marty will be a mensch?

Or anything remotely resembling normal?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter

i really respect Art for his go to attitude.......class "A" personalitys find it hard to work wit the idiots and numbskulls that are in the workforce these days! HOWEVER...even after seeing the man witout his shirt on....and watching him dance in my shop......i believe that Art will go belly up before i do.....
get some help Art...i'm tired of funerals!!

Reactions: Art Kelley

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
Last year I grew a large % over 2012 - (+40%). This year I'm going to come up a bit short of last year. As of Oct I'm down 37 jobs.

I know the reason why. First, like a lot of 1 man bands I neglected doing regular marketing. I was busy enough for me that I just coasted in marketing, really doing nothing. I pay a girl to do reminder calls to customer base but that's really it. No postcards, no nothing. Yelp was producing calls/customers on a regular daily basis. Half way into this year I realized growth wasn't happening like I wanted/expected it to. Yelp calls have gone down dramatically.

So I've upped my efforts. RE-did the crappy website I had and started serious SEO work with a guy who seems to know what he's talking about. Just started a postcard reminder program (like FMS) but doing it myself with cards printed from Vista Print. Much, much cheaper to do it yourself IF you have the time. I do.

I'm looking forward to what 2015 brings.

Reactions: Russ T.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
We are down 71 job tickets at this time compared to last year (our March, April, May are some better months than what we had due to weather...usually WAY better!)

We attribute that to the bad winter and worse Spring ever.

Also, we have quit doing Fire-Smoke damage so that will change our over all numbers, even though we had been backing off of those in the past year or so.

Also did less water work, or only took small ones.....so our numbers actually don't look too bad considering our changes....

So far our Month of October was great with 106 PAID job tickets (some still outstanding for payment) for an average of $353 per job.

For our year, we are at 627 Job tickets PAID for an average of $435 per ticket.

In 2013 at this point, we had an average of PAID job tickets for 698 jobs/tickets and $467.05 average per ticket.

So we are down about $32.57 per job so far this year.

We are slowly pulling ourselves back up with the nice Fall weather we have had. (Booked out very well for a couple weeks yet at a time)

Won't be our best year, but it is also not going to totally flop if we keep staying busy as we have been.

I am working hard to get us caught up so maybe have a better chance next year again to put money away.

I didn't hire someone after our young guy left us, so I work harder, but we are paying off debt faster too.

A lot of things are paid off, but we want to be more debt free in our future.

Just where a person pulls up the big boy pants and get's down to work!

Old School Baby!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom