Okay Mark,

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
What improvement could Butler make that would make you happier.

To be honest, we are very happy with our Butlers and especially their customer service when I need assistance. Absolutely top notch.....

But if there is ever a chance for some improvements....

Larger Cat water pump IF, they also could spin a larger blower with it so could do true dual wanding such as with an Aerotec...

But, really don't know if that is even possible with a gas powered without causing a lot of durability issues.

Right now, we really like how many miles and hours we can get out of a well serviced Van and Butler system.

It would be great if it could go in a taller and larger van such as the Dodge Sprinter, but I know that the crankshaft of that unit is not durable enough to handle the torque put on that lighter weight crankshaft. If General Motors came out with a tall van and full frame, would be cool.

I can't do the box type trucks due to the area I have to service (can't get in to a lot of places with a much larger van)

So, there are many things I really like about the Butler and I know everything that I might ask for comes with a price (either money or durability)

So far, the Butler produces respectable numbers for our use (and is a great cold weather cleaning truckmount!)

At this point, they make me money everyday....and make me smile! :)

Becker

Name
Becker
I think the bigger blower might be an issue of direct drive vs pto.

The biger consern might be the if Chevy follows ford. As long as Butler has been around and the cult following they have I'm sure they are working on Butlers for the next gen of cargo vans.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I have a box truck too and it can be a problem getting in some areas

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Hey Mark how does the butler hold up heat wise running your zipper wide open?

Still over 240 running 12 flow. That is also the flow I run with my prochem Ti wands.

Still have scars from being careless at times with quick connects, hoses.......

It actually likes that flow.

Had Bill Soukeroff do a year or so ago and I think he was still seeing around 210 or better even on colder days at the wand with a lie detector.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I think before I buy a butler I'm gunna bribe the great mark for a ride along. At the very least I'll get a nice photo album out of it. Moving toward adding vans and techs I'm looking for simplicity. CDS and butler look appealing.

Come on out anytime.

Got a great place just down the road from me that serves some really good microbrews too! :)

If you can get here by tomorrow morning (Monday) we have a large church we are doing a bunch of carpet and the pew seat cushions :icon_razz:

Lot's of practice. Will by using all kinds of tools on that one including the Zippers, stair tools, SS upholstery tools....both Butlers....

Then a couple of residentials after that.

And Monday's are Microbrew Monday's down there :rockon:

Well....just consider it an open invitation :biggrin:

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
In your temps that's pretty amazing!

Here is the post cut and pasted from Bill Soukoreff

Unfortunately the pics are no longer there, but here is the info.......

Bill's comments:

Sorry guys, I don't have any videos as I am solo operator! But I did take some pics a couple years ago when I cleaned some commercial with a couple other buddies. One had a demo truck with a 570SS (Sapphire rep at the time) and the other a Everest 408 with the Nissan engine. The Butler shamed them badly.

It was 33.8F that day and we cleaned at 450 psi with a 10 flow wand (5-02's), 50 ft of 2.5" and a hundred 2" vac hose. 150ft of parflex. Triggered most of the time the Butler never dropped below 200F at the wand over the 4 hours of cleaning. It averaged at 210F all the time. Since then I have gone up to 5-03's and get even better heat. I have never dropped below 200F at wand in the coldest of winter days and I work non stop in winter. And not sissy winters. In summer, it's crazy, smoking hot. Don't miss my old 260,000 BTU propane heater at all. The Butler loves high flow. The more the better. With the Zipper at 600 to 700 psi, the carpets are steaming for minutes after, and again that is on crazy cold winter days.

The heat is all you could ever want. Rock solid, steady high heat.

View attachment 4946
View attachment 4947

The link to his post which he posted this in #23

http://mikeysboard.com/forum/index....ler-maximum-option.274594/page-2#post-4300346

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Butler seems to have a very loyal following. How easy it is to use, the heat in the winter, and the ability to close the doors when needed
are very attractive points when looking at my next TM.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I'll definitely give Butler a hard look when it's time for another van.

Can they set them up to run the hoses out the back? Seems like I always see them running out the side.

I'm pretty nit picky and a clean and consistent install is something Butler probably does better than anyone.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I've seen pics on their site of reels going out the back I think you can do a lot of different things

Reactions: Russ T.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I'll definitely give Butler a hard look when it's time for another van.

Can they set them up to run the hoses out the back? Seems like I always see them running out the side.

I'm pretty nit picky and a clean and consistent install is something Butler probably does better than anyone.

Yes, I am sure they will do what you wish for the most part on set ups....less shelves, more shelves, reel set ups.....

It would be great if we could get together for a day Russ T. so you could try our set ups.

Reactions: Russ T.

Jerry

Supportive Member
Besides new Mark, what year(s) Butler would a guy look for with the high heat option and the biggest blower?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Besides new Mark, what year(s) Butler would a guy look for with the high heat option and the biggest blower?

I think it was round 2005 (maybe earlier) that the High Heat was out or more to be found. It was round 2007 I think that they went away from the vacuum pods and ended up the electronic control for RPM and that is cool too.

The larger blower has been out for a long time even without high heat.

To be honest....with the high heat, I would never go back to the other....

Really love how it performs....

Has been a huge time saver in some situations.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
It's probably been 15 years since I owned my butler. Can't say I ever had any complaints with it then. Loved that 200 gallon fresh and waste capability. Can't wait to see what they do with some of the newer vans coming out.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar

Maybe I could take a drive up sometime this Winter Mark. If it's anything like last year, I can find the time.

Will work for Microbrews!

Name
Steve Lawrence

My 2008 still has the pods, 2010 has the electronic control.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom