people moving.....

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I've tracked one heck of a trend. Since the economy hit, people move around in increasing frequency in my budget territory. And my baby boomers have cut back on their average invoice, oh and they dieing on me. Perhaps time to open my long awaited brewery.....

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I've given that some thought. When I get my SM cards returned it's usually like the 18 month or 24 month "we miss you". I go back and look at everything I can about that job/s, even the paper invoice. Many have been single parents with late teens who haul ass to somewhere?(maybe downsizing). A bunch have been young married couples who moved here for jobs and I think are moving on yet another time. Several are boomers moving out?, I wish I knew. And nobody Mike, and I mean nobody moves to Stockton by choice, lol.

I'm making some headway building commercial clients, and solid progress. Each new account makes me believe more and more that commercial is solving my owner/operator frustrations. I built a spray system for my 175 so I can plow some ground with bonnets and my buddy has a Cimex I pick up when ever.

Reactions: Mikey P

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Where are you based?

In San Francisco I continually loose clients for various reasons. (Hopefully not the competition, even though I am sure I do some, mostly based on pricing).

• Many are transient renters.
  • Married couples once they have children move to more children friendly counties.
  • People retire and move away, as their house is worth a small fortune. They sell, buy a lot cheaper somewhere else and can still keep a big chunk for retirement.
  • Some get tired of the fog and move away.
  • Some get fed up with the ever increasing traffic, difficulty in parking and the city's way too many regulations.
  • Some because I'm an O/O because I can't accommodate them fast enough.
It is always disheartening to find out how many clients were lost, every time I do large mailings.

Brewery sounds great! Did you ever go on their BB's to find out what they bitch about? :winky:

Last edited:
Reactions: Lee Stockwell

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
With my SM cards I have started to make folks inactive when cleaning for open house.
Most sell and do not notify me and USPS is not that good about forwarding.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Nice, been there.

If you open a brewery let me know. I love a good glass of freshly brewed beer.
Regardless, I hope you'll do well either way.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
I've given that some thought. When I get my SM cards returned it's usually like the 18 month or 24 month "we miss you". I go back and look at everything I can about that job/s, even the paper invoice. Many have been single parents with late teens who haul ass to somewhere?(maybe downsizing). A bunch have been young married couples who moved here for jobs and I think are moving on yet another time. Several are boomers moving out?, I wish I knew.

Have you tried emailing them? (assuming that you have their email) People seldom change their email; you might be able to create a generic email to those folks inquiring or offering a special of some sort to try and lure them back or at least find out....

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
We got a big one back after 8 years. Tried SS SM and others. Then begrudgingly said we were worth the extra cost. It's not like we are that expensive.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
San Francisco is getting crazy expensive and many people move around a lot.
Oh and the Middle Class is Shrinking and under great pressure as their taxes fund welfare for the 1%ers and the corporations.

we might be heading for super inflation after October when the RMB becomes a reserve currency on a larger scale-- which could devalue the US dollar

-- insert chicken with sky falling drawing here--haha

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
San Francisco is getting crazy expensive and many people move around a lot.
Oh and the Middle Class is Shrinking and under great pressure as their taxes fund welfare for the 1%ers and the corporations.

we might be heading for super inflation after October when the RMB becomes a reserve currency on a larger scale-- which could devalue the US dollar

-- insert chicken with sky falling drawing here--haha

It's a real Sanctuary...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom