Phishing.....?

Ron K

I see a lot of Phish in, Logo's, advertising, vans and scripture verse's. Do you think this is a good idea? Should you have to use religion to advertise your business ? Or is this a red herring!

hogjowl

Idiot™
I am a believer, but something about that rubs me the wrong way. I find myself doubting the motivations of those who proclaim their faith in an effort to line their pockets.
I've known good Christian men who have benefited from their faith, but they've done it by living the faith, not talking the walk.

FredC

Village Idiot
Its a good idea.

It lets people like me know who not to use..........cause they are most likely to fook me.

Phish, scripture, and people who tell me to "have a blessed day"

Edit: sorry if that offends some folks...........but 40 years of experience made me this way :D

hogjowl

Idiot™
Yeah, there's a guy in the moving business here who uses that "have a blessed day" line all the time.

Most of the time he smells like alcohol and he gives me the willies.

(NOT the wet kind, danny. )

Name
Nate W.
Its a good idea.

It lets people like me know who not to use..........cause they are most likely to fook me.

Phish, scripture, and people who tell me to "have a blessed day"

Edit: sorry if that offends some folks...........but 40 years of experience made me this way :D

I'll remember not to "bless you" when you sneeze.... You'll get the "Stfu" after the third sneeze....:lol:

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
Yeah, there's a guy in the moving business here who uses that "have a blessed day" line all the time.

Most of the time he smells like alcohol and he gives me the willies.

(NOT the wet kind, danny. )
We have the homeless that hang out on the street corners with the signs.
God bless you is on almost all of them.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I wouldn't ever go there, why bring your beliefs into your business anyway?

I have found that people that like to preach are the ones that need to listen the most to their own words..

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Damon
I always try to put myself in the consumers shoes.

When I hire a plumber, landscaper or HVAC professional, do I care what religion he or she subscribes to?

No.

Do I care about their reputation, labor rate and general demeanor (you know, the things that matter)?

Yes.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I try to be pretty careful with the business.

I want someone to hire us because they believe we are the best, not for any other reason.

Some have picked up on the fact that we don't work Saturday but sometimes do on Sunday.

We are not JW or 7th day Adventist.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Anybody that uses religion to push their business reeks of dishonesty in my opinion.

There is a shampoo gawd who sends religious crap in his sample pack.

Don't push your religion on me.

Hypocrits

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Keep religion, politics and personal beliefs out of all our marketing. Why should it matter? (And, if it does that I'm not sure that want them as a client) Like Russ, said, hire us cause we are the best at what we do and because of our reputation.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
You own the truck, you put anything you want on it and live with the result.

Me, if someone can't tell what I am, that's fine for cleaning. If they can, that's fine too. If they bring it up, I tell them "Yes, but that isn't why I want to be your cleaner."

What I am is what I most needed: Forgiven. No bumper sticker needed.

Mike Draper

I bet if I named my business " Patriot Steam Clean" and had NRA stickers all over it I'd be running 8 trucks by now, but I decided to be PC instead.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I bet if I named my business " Patriot Steam Clean" and had NRA stickers all over it I'd be running 8 trucks by now, but I decided to be PC instead.

Not true!! You would have been targeted by the IRS and looking to buy a porty..:lol:

Reactions: Mike Draper
Back
Top Bottom