Polaris 700 flojet

Ken692

Name
Kenny
I ordered a pump for the EDIC 700, it's 1.6gph and 66psi but the pump I got is a bit different, it's a 100 psi
And has a switch on it
I really have no clue what that is for. The factory is closed now and they have been great help. I'm just trying to get this unit up and running. Here is the original,
Not sure why they stop pumping solution
Is it just dry I have 2 or three pumps that seem to run but will not pump?
Any help please

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 222

Ken692

Name
Kenny
Here is the replace pump
So I'm not sure if I got the wrong pump or do I have to rewire this somehow

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    66 KB · Views: 280

Ken692

Name
Kenny
Has to be the correct pump it's the same one in all the Polaris units
The 500 700 800 and the 1200
Guess it just plugs right in
Any clue why the original ones stop pumping? Rick gave me some great info on a valve replace kit
I ordered one for the fivestar

Ken692

Name
Kenny
I just did exactly what Rick told me not to do, I over tightened it and cracked the housing on it, oh no there goes a two hundred dollar pump!

Mike Draper

make sure its a variable pump. If not you'll overheat and destroy it pretty quickly.

Ken692

Name
Kenny
I'm sure it's good has a solenoid on it. Wired from the factory. I'm going to try to repair it if it leaks I'll have to replace it

Ken692

Name
Kenny
make sure its a variable pump. If not you'll overheat and destroy it pretty quickly.
Mike I think you are correct
It stopped working in five min,
Any suggestions why this happens
I can imagine getting an incorrect part from the factory but it seems like this is what happened
It worked for five then just quit???

Mike Draper

Not sure, check your inline fuse. Be careful, it could fry a stator or voltage regulator on your machine if its the wrong one. How much was the part?

Ken692

Name
Kenny
I put the old pump in and it works the valves are not pumping but the motor worked fine???
It's a 100 psi there $220

Last edited:

Ken692

Name
Kenny
That's 12v the Orignal is 110v and 66gph
Wow this is crazy I don't know how it fried. It was wired at the factory, I just plugged it in...

Mike Draper

it fried becuase it couldnt operate aas normal. To much pressure build up. My friend did the same thing, but it did damage to his motor first before the pump fried. Did you say my picture didnt show up?

Ken692

Name
Kenny
I see it now, but that's a huge volume on that one. Thought these can run dry no problem.

EDIC

Name
Rick
Mike I think you are correct
It stopped working in five min,
Any suggestions why this happens
I can imagine getting an incorrect part from the factory but it seems like this is what happened
It worked for five then just quit???
Hi Ken,
That is a demand/delivery pump. This means that when you stop spraying, the pump pressurizes the plumbing. The pressure switch, located on the pump head, senses the increased pressure and shuts the pump motor off. When you relieve pressure by spraying or creating an open orifice, the pressure drops. The pressure switch senses the drop in pressure and allows power to flow back to the motor. Unless it was wired incorrectly, it should still work and can be trouble shot fairly easily.

The following will give you a basic understanding of your plumbing and some things to try:

-When you turn the pump switch to the on position, the pump immediately pressurizes. It may turn on for a second if there is air in the system (from installation) but it will shut off as soon as the lines are pressurized. In normal operating conditions with no leaks/air in the system, the pump motor will not turn on because the line is pressurized from your previous job. It won't deliver spray until you demand it.

- The Polaris has two ways to demand spray. The line coming from the "OUT" port on your pump head forms a "T" of sorts. On one side of the T, you have the solenoid which allows water to flow to the tips. On the other side, you have a quick disconnect, used for carpet wands, upholstery tools etc.

- The solenoid is an electronic gate valve that is activated by the activator/momentary switches located on the handle by your thumbs. The solenoid sits between the pump and the spray tips. If you push the activator switches, you may hear a "click" sound. This means power is going to the solenoid. Under normal conditions, it should open and you should have spray. It seems you are not getting either to happen, you may have a clog or a dead solenoid. You may even have a working solenoid but the tips are clogged. Do the next step to narrow down the possibilities.

-The Q.D. is located on the back of the machine, rear bottom left. If it's a male, take the handle of a screwdriver and push in the spring loaded nipple in the center. This will open the Q.D. and allow water to flow. If it is a female Q.D., take a male Q.D. from one of your tools and insert into the female. If there is no clog, water should flow freely and your pump motor should turn on. I should warn you to be in a place where you can spill water and also to cover the Q.D. with your free hand to avoid being sprayed in the face. If it sprays, your pump is fine and the problem is at the solenoid (clogged or dead), spray tips, or the switch that activates it. Again, if you hear a click, the switch is fine, the problem is the solenoid (or tips).

Try that out. I'll look into a good pump housing on a scrap unit here.

Thanks!

Reactions: Ken692

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom