porty cleaning

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
So I'm going to go look at a 5 story senior living place that is looking for someone to clean occupied units. I have a cold water 100psi ninja, small crb. (Ron Werner) I would like to buy a new portable and this might be the way to pay for it. I already have a buyer for my ninja. Just need to see if I can make any $$at this.

What do you get for cleaning a 1 br unit. Never got into the porty game so this is all new to me.

Thanks

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Of course there is money to be made.

No reason your prices should be too different from your TM prices for most jobs, but until you get efficient with hacking with a porty, be prepared for the fact that most jobs will take longer on average, especially with a low performance Ninja, and thus cut into your per hour production rates.

Walk-ups and parking issues will be the curve-balls where you may want to consider a addition fee, but other than that, your biggest obstacle will be the learning curve required to EFFICIENTLY transport/set-up/clean/break-down a portable unit.

No doubt it will be frustrating at first, but it will get easier with experience.

Ignore Chabbez.......You too can be a Porty hack!!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
5 story senior living place that is looking for someone to clean occupied units

What do you get for cleaning a 1 br unit.

Thanks

whatever your charges regular already are for residential

or are you asking what it will take to "get" the account?

are you moving any furniture, or just cleaning open areas?
Old folks can have a LOT of clutter/tables, nicknacks/whatnots ..all in small rooms

if no moving, and they prep the rooms, it can be a smooth small job and your minimum charge would apply (ours would anyway)
if not prepped, and you're expected to move most furniture, it can be a HUGE PITA.
Get details/specifics on what they expect

..L.T.A.

Reactions: dgardner

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
My min charge is $90. I think I'm going to have a new portable minimum charge. I don't know about the moving furniture yet. I'm thinking about getting a bigger pump for the portable. My ninja has a 2 inch hose on it and that helps .

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Even though I clean almost every day with a porty at least 1 or 2 jobs, I still decline high rise work just because of the painintheassidness of it all. But if I could load all my shit on a large enough cart that would fit into an elevator and be at the apartment with only one trip from my van, then it wouldn't be bad at all. The 60 feet of 2" vacuum hose, the 360i, the large waste filter,the HF, electric and water cords and 5 gal bucket of sundries are quite a load to carry in one trip but it could be done with the right cart. Oh, and the vacuum cleaner.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Don't ask people what the price should be....We all have different markets and even in our markets certain areas will be more ghetto or more high end.

I have done tons of units in both really fancy high end old folks places and poor old folks places too. For example, the high end place, occupied one bedroom living/dining room combo will pay $160 where as the poor place not too far from there will not pay more than $75

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Maybe I will ask it a different way. Do you charge more to use a portable when you have a truck mount? Stanley steamer has a portable charge that is more. if they are looking for a $75 person then I will them to look at Craig's list. I'm hoping to get the hallways tile etc. If there is another company doing that than forget it.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Don't overprice it, your dealing with quantity cleaning so figure your times and square footage.

Find that happy balance for quality in your price.

I don't openly admit to charging more In front of the client so it is included in the price. : )

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
So I'm going to go look at a 5 story senior living place that is looking for someone to clean occupied units. I have a cold water 100psi ninja, small crb. (Ron Werner) I would like to buy a new portable and this might be the way to pay for it. I already have a buyer for my ninja. Just need to see if I can make any $$at this.

What do you get for cleaning a 1 br unit. Never got into the porty game so this is all new to me.

Thanks

We just scheduled one for the first week of october, about 75 units.
I figured how many we could do an hour and shot for $120 hour range.

Tenants are paying direct, not too sure what to do with 75 checks...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Look into OP.

It looks as good or better but even more importantly it dries faster. Plus there are no hoses for them to trip and fall over. No loud, stinky portable running in a small confined space either.

A Vacuum, OP machine, pads, spotters and groomer.
1-trip and you're running.

Keep the Ninja to rinse the urine spots and then charge more when you use it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
Agree with doc.
Here is a high rise haul.
If it's resi I use the vac to post groom.
Spotters on the machine and in the bucket.

f9a13ff85e2cd87b970644af4a1d4d05.jpg

Reactions: Desk Jockey

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
If you do individual units one or two at a time charge a higher price. It will take ten to twenty percent longer to work with a portable so adjust yuor pricing accordingly, something we've had to do with the proliferation of little condos locally. If you can bundle multiple units and save set-up time you can offer a price break.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I charge substantially more when working with a portable. Bryan had a thread regarding highrise charges (maybe he can provide a link.)

As always, it all depends on how much you want to get the job (how hungry you are at this stage of your career), how busy you are and your long term business goals. Any time I work with a portable, it takes me a lot longer than working with a truck mount. And no matter how we call it, we're really paid by the hour. I want to make the same (more or less) per hour, regardless of what method of cleaning I'm using. The general guideline is pretty simple: If I work harder or it takes me longer I charge accordingly. And even though I charge more for portable work, I still, almost always, make more per hour with the truck.

On the other hand, at this time I have more work than I can handle. Any portable job I decline (recently I am declining portable work), I can easily fill with a truck mount job.
Your business situation and preferences may be different.

Last edited:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
My min charge is $90. I think I'm going to have a new portable minimum charge. I don't know about the moving furniture yet. I'm thinking about getting a bigger pump for the portable.

You need a Hi-Performance portable . . .

The Mytee 1005DX has more efficient 3-stage vac motors with 550 air watts each, (vs. 250 airwatts for Ninja 2-stage vacs).

It also has the new Cat Pump with AC motor that actually sprays @ 500 PSI.

We have customers doing residential Tile & Grout with a Turbo Hybrid (650 PSI @ 2.2 GPM) optional.

Model: MY354 on cart

Not able to post Link (You have reached your limit 0 links per post.)

Larry

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
650psi? :eekk:
Typical porty hacks at work.:oldrolleyes:

No heat, no pressure. Hell they aren't going to do much with that setup. Hopefully they use a crb to agitate before they rinse.

HACKS will be hacks. :errf:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Look into OP.

It looks as good or better but even more importantly it dries faster. Plus there are no hoses for them to trip and fall over. No loud, stinky portable running in a small confined space either.

A Vacuum, OP machine, pads, spotters and groomer.
1-trip and you're running.

Keep the Ninja to rinse the urine spots and then charge more when you use it.

And smear the boogers and other shit around so it's evenly distributed!

Here Richard - study this and when you finally figure out the difference (6 month time limit) , I'll give you the next lesson!

assholeintheground_zps378a6e70.jpg

Reactions: Art Kelley

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Is that an infographic of how shitty it is to use a porty?

Did I win? :icon_razz:

I know Willy you'd much rather blow their ears out with a loud porty machine, spewing near toxic odor on them while wetting their carpet for days..weeks..months...years. :biggrin:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
And smear the boogers and other shit around so it's evenly distributed!

Here Richard - study this and when you finally figure out the difference (6 month time limit) , I'll give you the next lesson!

assholeintheground_zps378a6e70.jpg

For your information Willy, the boogers and filth and shit and piss and blood and vomit and cum are no longer merely smeared around on people's carpets. Nowadays a conscientious OPer will encap that mess so it can be vacuumed out by the next poor bastard. (In theory).

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Has Saint Richard's head been handed to him on a platter again?

Art, Willy and Frank are portable users by necessity, therefore grudgingly forgiven.
However, them people who use a portable by choice? That's just wrong :winky:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom