Portys that can somewhat work like a TM?

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Any recommendations for a porty that has constant water flow without having to constantly fill up and has auto dump or do these machines exist? I'm clueless on portables, I tried my friend's Mytee years ago and it didn't have good suck and not the kind of pressure I was looking for, hopefully there is something out there?

Reactions: dwellpro

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
The Dwell might not have as much "suck"....but you can do a heck of a job with it when you are working in "non truckmountable" places.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I tried my friend's Mytee years ago and it didn't have good suck and not the kind of pressure I was looking for

what kind of hose run??..how long?
The biggest problem with portys is to get "real" TM performance, the electric requirements become unpractical for daily "portable' use

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Charlie Lyman

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
No. I'm pretty sure mine has the original vac motors.. I was asking Kubasiewicz in the hardware room about them but I guess he doesn't get on here often.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
I was looking for something like 10-15 feet of vac/pressure and then a dumpline that would go outside to the lawn. High pressure and heat are more important than vacuum since it would mainly be for hard surface cleaning. Are there any that run on a 220?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
How much pressure do you really need? I run the Dwell a lot around 800-900psi in it works great not dropping the pressure. (I wash some rugs in the washpit with high pressure and also tile grout work)

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
run the DP at 300 pis with a RE

Naah..run it 180-200psi with a HOSS or 360XL and you're good. I do it all the time. I still go over it with the wand dry stroking. I never denied it - and still say- I could handle a bit more "suck" though.. "

Reactions: Mikey P

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
what kind of hose run??..how long?
The biggest problem with portys is to get "real" TM performance, the electric requirements become unpractical for daily "portable' use

..L.T.A.

www.dwell.pro

Friday afternoon clean. Move in Sat morning.
Placed 3 mini fans. High elevation snow storm moisture outside overnight.

Pick up fans Sat morning. Dry. I always go back the next day after really cleaning carpets. Don't you?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Hell, my old Steamway UltraMatic had auto fill, auto dump, 500 psi and 3 vac motors. 1988. I'm sure the new portys should at least have that capability.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Mytee's LTD12 boasts auto fill and dump, chem metering, 1000 psi, and twin 3-stage vac motors (but no heat). I personally have not used one though.

If you want high pressure AND good suck I'm afraid the pickins are slim, as both are amp hogs. As Larry said, two-cords worth of power just won't get you there.

Reactions: Bee Busy

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Hell, my old Steamway UltraMatic had auto fill, auto dump, 500 psi and 3 vac motors. 1988. I'm sure the new portys should at least have that capability.
I have an old porty I use as a test bed - an old Speedster chassis (gutted). It's got auto-fill, auto-dump, chem metering, 500 psi via Hypro pump and twin 3-stage vacs. I have no idea how I would manage without auto fill and APO. I consider them indispensable.

Interestingly, after I published pictures and descriptions several years ago on another board (?) a few of my "features" showed up on a certain line of machines.... Go figure.....

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
That's a cool looking machine, what kind of heat does that Dwell machine produce? I need it to get somewhat hot to clean porous stones like tumbled travertine and slate at very high altitude

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Forget the heat.

You are not going to find the kind of heat output your looking for from anything that plugs into a wall… especially the amount of heat needed to keep up with the flow of a hard surface tool.

Consider how you can make up for the lack of heat using chemistry and a good scrubbin.

Auto-fill/dump is a very common, if not standard option from most manufacturers nowadays.

LTD12 is 200+ pounds.

The Dwell unit does not have any heating element.

Reactions: Art Kelley

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
The Dwell unit has a heating element available. But I don't think you want that.. Unless you carry your own generator.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning

At the risk of ridicule from the unbelievers I will say the dual 3 stage CFX combined with a modular high pressure pump like the 1200 psi Water Hog will give you the TM performance you are asking about in an easy to carry (nothing over 50#) system. I used the standard 5 gallon CFX on a few hundred jobs last year with great success on many of the jobs that I would normally TM and this new 15 gallon recovery CFX looks to be an even better performer in that it will eliminate the occasional spitout from the vac motors. 230 cfms and 1200 psi and you won't notice any difference from your TM especially doing hard surfaces.

CFX-15logo.jpg

Features:
  • Non-Stop High Flow Cleaning
  • Auto pump out at 2.6 GPM
  • 15 Gallon Tank
  • Patent pending air/water separation system, no defoamer needed
  • Dual 2 or 3 stage high velocity vac motors 200 CFM
  • Saves Time & Labor
  • Quick and easy dump valve
  • Only 39 lbs, fits in any car!
cfx-15-gallon-angle-3-med.jpg
Today, extractors are heavy and bulky, weighing close to 100lbs requiring a large vehicle for transportation. In addition, they must be filled and emptied continuously throughout the entire job; a process known as the "Bucket Brigade".

The new CFX 15 is compact, weighing only 39lbs. It can be carried in one hand or transported in any size vehicle. The CFX 15 utilizes Continuous Flow Extraction for nonstop cleaning. An easy direct faucet hook up adapter provides an unlimited clean water supply. As the dirty waste water enters the recovery tank it is automatically pumped out into any toilet or drain. With the CFX 15 you can perform High Flow non-stop extraction cleaning and say goodbye to the "Bucket Brigade” forever.

cfx-15comparison.jpg

Comes With:

• Faucet Adapter Kit
  • 50' and 25' Solution Hose
  • 25' Vac Hose
  • 50' Pump Out Hose
  • Dual Jet S Bend Wand
cfx15-how.jpg

Call Us Today For More Information.
Toll Free 888-768-6822
Any recommendations for a porty that has constant water flow without having to constantly fill up and has auto dump or do these machines exist? I'm clueless on portables, I tried my friend's Mytee years ago and it didn't have good suck and not the kind of pressure I was looking for, hopefully there is something out there?

Reactions: dgardner

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Friday afternoon clean. Move in Sat morning.
Placed 3 mini fans. High elevation snow storm moisture outside overnight.

wasn't snowing/raining in the house was it?
heat was on inside, right??

I always go back the next day after really cleaning carpets. Don't you?

umm, no..unless I'm picking up fans maybe

relax, Dude..I'm not knocking your porty
How could I?? never seen it, let alone used it...
hell for that matter, i know Zee's no dummy, so if he likes it, i figure it's good machine

My point remains though...the reality is, you can't get "real" TM performance with any porty due to power requirements that would be needed.
My friend Willy might want to carry 40 pounds of ext cords and locate 4-5 separate 20amp circuits, but that's just not practical for most

there certainly is a need and place for portys...but they'll never equal "real" TM performance til some Tesla like genus finds a way to get 60amps of 220vt current out of a couple 110 20amp circuits ...til then...

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Willy P

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
My point remains though...the reality is, you can't get "real" TM performance with any porty due to power requirements that would be needed.

You don't have a rotary extractor do you Larry?

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
"........, two-cords worth of power just won't get you there."

Well, contrary to the honorable Larry's comment/opinion, I would respectfully disagree. Yes, I have had only 41 years in this Industry; some may consider this a "newbie" while others might consider it "experience".

Powerful? Two Cords?

I would suggest perhaps looking a little further...........................................

Best always;
Ed Valentine
cross-american corp.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom