Powermax and HydroForce?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I'm mixing @ 12 oz of the Powermax in my HF, which only holds @ 4 qts with the new design jug.

Filter clogs up often...I mean daily. Am I mixing too strong?

Thanks.

Able 1

Name
Keith
The way I have found works best for me mixing powders is to mix your prespray in a larger container. I use a 2.5 gallon jug, and mix 12oz(of any powder) per jug. I also took out the metering tip in my HF, so it meters at 4 to 1 instead of 8 to 1. I have found with the tip out you can also monitor you HF dilution rate better, and you can really nuke the rat nasties

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I am using the yellow tip. I've never taken it out, except when applying protector.

Used powders for years. Bio Break was a staple and Flex Powder with Citrus. Neither clog the HF like this.

Not complaining. Powermax seems to work great otherwise but it's a PITA to clog that filter so often.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
My hf always has at least an inch or so of solutition. When I need to refill, add powder and use spray gun to mix. Stick it in there and blast that stuff! 3-400 psi will mix it.

Reactions: Russ T.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I start with an empty jug and put my powder in at anywhere from 6-12 ounces depending on the particular job. Using hot water from truck I fill jug about 1/8 or so then stop and swirl it around, then I continue to finish filling and still swirl around until about half full. Finish filling, put cap back on and give it a final swirl mixing. I also have the yellow tip.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I prefer to fill mine with hot water FIRST and then add any powder so it has less of a chance of sticking/clumping to the bottom.
If not, fill half way and shake, then top off.

I think shaking often during spraying, regardless of the brand of powder should be a given.

Mikey P

Administrator
Take the yellow tip off, get the 7 quart jug and now you have 8 gallons of rtu.

So 8 ounces of any well formulated powder should do just fine.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have a 7 quart......I took out the tip....

8 is the norm...but you can bump it up for really bad ones and still do good with it....

also it could be the batch you got.....I have a pail on both trucks......both came in at the same time and both are being used pretty equal....
one batch mixes good and one takes a bit more before it does.....
one batch is a brighter yellow then the other...
one batch bricks in the bucket and I have to keep breaking it free to get some out....
one stays nice and soft and you can run your fingers threw it...

both are cleaning OK.....but I do have to keep a eye on the one....

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Do the 7 qt jugs fit in the HF holders in the van? (Same footprint?)

Sounds like that's my solution.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Do the 7 qt jugs fit in the HF holders in the van? (Same footprint?)

Sounds like that's my solution.

no......but they don't need to..they are flat and do not tip or fall over....

images_zps63249dc6.jpg

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I believe they make a different 7 qt jug. That is a short fat one and I think they make a tall regular one that has the same bottom footprint as a typical jug

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I'd much rather stick with one that has the same footprint. One less thing cluttering up my van floor.

Can anyone find a link to something like that?

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I'm mixing @ 12 oz of the Powermax in my HF, which only holds @ 4 qts with the new design jug.

Filter clogs up often...I mean daily. Am I mixing too strong?

Thanks.

What kind of strainer to you have?
The little bitty dinky one or a large acorn strainer?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I feel a little foolish at the moment. The strainer I'm having trouble with is the in line strainer that catches anything coming from the solution hose. It's cylinder shaped. I don't think the type of prespray should have any effect on that. The one that sits down in the jug is the large, acorn shaped one and it seems fine.

Powermax seems like a great product so far.

It must be an issue with my rinse or something...

I have been wrestling a bit with Chem flow, replacing the meter and hoses. Still air bubbles in the meter with inconsistent flow.

The problem is most likely related to that???

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I have been wrestling a bit with Chem flow, replacing the meter and hoses. Still air bubbles in the meter with inconsistent flow.
The problem is most likely related to that???

Russ, go back and retrace everything you did when you replaced the dwyer meter. Had issues w/mine, had to replace all sorts of fittings, meter and hose. I think I ended up not tightening the meter up enough, everyone kept saying it would crack. I'd take the meter off and start over, re install everything.

Should be something simple... The low pressure hose is dirt cheap at ace, replace any brass that even looks old. Use teflon tape if needed.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Thanks Jerry.

The Dwyer is new and hoses too. I had a heck of a time with it leaking during install. Changing Teflon tape to the paste seemed to help. I'm too busy to mess with it at the moment and my closest distributer is @ 2 hours away. I'd gladly have them fix it if they were closer.

The HF is brand new, probably @ 6 weeks old.

The more I clean, the less tolerant I am becoming of things that are just not quite right.

Accurate Chem flow is a big deal to me and it's driving me a little nuts!

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
We do not use protector in ours and take the tip out. other than that same as above.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
If I remember correct...Cobb has a filter that he recommends with the powermax for the tube in the jug that draws the chemical...

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Just so you know the scoops are about 3 oz that come in powermax 4 scoops 12 oz 4 to 1 makes 5 gallons

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom