Pricing for Detailing Vehicles

Travis Sonderegger

Supportive Member
Name
Travis Sonderegger

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I like that prep center, I considered one for our own vehicles here at our shop.

We did some cleaning but never a full detail for many years but found it difficult to make a buck.
We would charge $250.00-$300.00 to clean the seats, carpet and floor mats for a standard car/SUV.

Full size vans, RV's, campers we all bid, price depended on how many chairs, seating cushions and backs were wanted. We even used to do the miniblinds and upholstered ceilings. $500.00-$600.00

We still do a few limo's and the occasional RV, but if you called we will say no vehicles. Too much work and too little pay.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I have a friend in detailing. He seems to do really well but has really focused on the very high end market.

He's even doing paint correction on classic cars.

Lots of jokers on Craigslist offering a cheap detail. How will you set yourself apart?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think back in the day we were averaging $75.00 for one man and a TM. Too much time invested for too little return. Its also hard, hot, work in awkward positions.

If you knock out two cars a day, it won't take you too long to figure there are much easier ways to make a buck!

Reactions: Able 1 and Russ T.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I only do it for friends and current customers that have accidents in the car or the floor mats. People that usually call are pigs and the car looks like a welfare apartment.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I refer it to a car dealership I do business with and their detail shop.

No money in it really and like Richard said....

Much easier ways to make a buck.....and I did way too many cars as a kid!

I remember!

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I love doing the seats. They really clean up well but the damn carpet is a pita. Sand and grit no matter how long you spend pre vacuuming, it still comes up after you're done cleaning as you groom. It wears and fade so bad where you put your feet, it just never looks clean. If they use mats then the mats are roughed up. We would spend 4-5 hours cleaning them.

Hate cleaning cars, unless they are my own. :errf:

Reactions: Mark Saiger

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
once or twice a year my wifes office would offer"clean yor car day"......i would charge $30 for floors only....$50-$60 for both seat and floors....
they knew if they were gonna get their car cleaned...they BETTER not leave a space in the line and be on hand to move the car when done........i did around 25 cars each time i decided to do "office day"....i hated it....but usually raked in a grand in one day!
NOW
on the other hand.....if you turn down a car for a reg custy.........they MAY jus keep on looking for someone that WILL!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Are you guys stay at home posters?
What do you mean?

Travis said let me know your thoughts. These are my thoughts. ITS A TRAP, looks good but in reality there are far better, more profitable ways to make a buck. If you decide to go that route anyway just to generate some business, then you can expect some if not all of the issues I listed.

IF you don't care to read my posts Porkchop, tough tities you are required to! ;)

hogjowl

Idiot™
once or twice a year my wifes office would offer"clean yor car day"......i would charge $30 for floors only....$50-$60 for both seat and floors....
they knew if they were gonna get their car cleaned...they BETTER not leave a space in the line and be on hand to move the car when done........i did around 25 cars each time i decided to do "office day"....i hated it....but usually raked in a grand in one day!
NOW
on the other hand.....if you turn down a car for a reg custy.........they MAY jus keep on looking for someone that WILL!

Speaking of stay at home posters ...

And, shut up Chavez.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Ohh an' GUESS how many real house jobs i got because i did those cars.............

yous guys jus don know wtf yor dealing wit here!

Richard i wernt sleeping.....
still crying over my little doggie.........

yesterday was the first day i've eaten since it happened

the good news...i lost ten lbs

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
adopt one bawb, don't get a puppy.Dan brought in Cooper today and that dog was everywhere. Heis a chore, he chews on everything especially hands.

Eat!!!

Travis Sonderegger

Supportive Member
Name
Travis Sonderegger
Heys guys, I had a car I quoted a navajo on for $100 it was a tahoe and damn it was nasty. Mud and crap everywhere, candy stuck to everything. I think I will only do it for loyal customers or charge like $200 to do it. That was crappy pay for the amount of work it was. Thanks for all of your input on things. Would you guys ever just do carpets and seats and not all of the other shiz like the dash and other things?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Travis that's all we ever did was carpet and seats. We never offered full detail.

IF we were to do the Tahoe it would be $250.00-$300.00 depending on the conditions.

Reactions: dgardner

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom