Prochem Everest heat question

My heat is backwards. When I put the heat lever on hot the temp will only get to about 150 or 160 and no hotter. When I move the lever to warm it goes up to 230. I was thinking I got hoses mixed up but the only way to do that is the middle heat exchanger at the top fitting. I switched them several times and same problem. I am guess the heat control lever needs adjusting? Is that possible?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Daniel unless you messed with the hoses and then the problem occurred then that can't be it. Other than that I'm to tired to look up your machine.

Gene

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Daniel - this is a shot in the dark, but I have seen similar issues on a completely different system.

Your temperature control valve is a 3-way ball valve that either sends water through the vacuum exhaust HX's or bypasses them. Many ball valves can be rotated all the way around if the handle is removed. And many have a square shaft that allows the handle to be put on in several different positions. If the handle was removed for some reason and then put back in the wrong position it is possible for the operation to be reversed.

I'm not familiar with your particular valve so not sure if this applies to you. But if you (or your mechanic) has recently done some work on the unit this could be your problem.

Let us know what you finally find!

Reactions: Desk Jockey
I will. I have to say it has been cleaning great. Suction is great. My air filter was dirty and I replaced the spark plugs before cleaning the heat exchagers. Little things like this may not seem like a big deal, but they are. Now my machine is running a lot cleaner. Very happy with the suction and heat, but I have to figure out why the valve is working ass backwards. And when I key the wand the temp stays up like it is supposed to. I am getting between 200 and 230 atm depending on what tool I am using running on medium setting. That is pretty good. In the past I was only getting around 190.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom