propane is killing me.

Mike Draper

Went to fill up my tank today and propane was .90 a gallon. Tank holds 68 gallons and lasted me 142 hours of truck mount run time. Cant beat that for immediate and constant high heat. On another note I am downsizing to a 45 gallon tank. Found one that is in brand new condition on a motor home. Bought it for $100.00:headbang:

Name
Nate W.
$5.89 gallon here.... Unless your Military, then it's $3.58-$3.89 gallon...... Good thing my nephew has Military privileges...... :rockon:

The cost is high here because they refine it here..... FML

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
propane was .90 a gallon

you mentioned before propane prices you pay.
How do you get such great pricing?

Not at all implying you're a story teller ..absolutely no doubt in my mind you're telling the truth.
So how are you buying propane for SO much less than anyone else?

you in some kind of fuel buying co-op??

..L.T.A.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Can't understand why you would want a smaller tank. Bigger is better. A regular fill for a homeowner here is $19 here for 20 gal. fill. A commercial account is less. Gas is plentiful and cheap. The problem here are the rules for filling it mounted to a truck. It has to be inside the fenced area. Only 2 places even close. Not sure how your only burning less than .5 gal and hour. I had propane before and burned way more than that unless I did the math backwards.

Gene

Mike Draper

ok, first off. only my Little giant runs on propane. I have a gas engine. I just put a new regulator on my truck couple months back and the math is correct. I use less than .5 an hour of propane. I run my heat so I get about 210 ATW. As far as the price goes, I have no clue why its that cheap. The place I go to fill it up gives me the "home rate" They are a large propane distributor, not a gas station. I'd take a pic of the receipt but it is to damn time consuming and frustrating to post pics any more. I think in Jan. I paid around $1.75 a gallon.

Mike Draper

Gene, when you ran propane your regulator was either not set correctly or it was bad. When my regulator started going bad it was all the sudden using double.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Interesting. I've noticed I'm going through propane quicker than usual. It's probably because my son is anal and double passes everything (much more than I ever did), but it could be my regulator too. I'll keep an eye on it.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Gene, when you ran propane your regulator was either not set correctly or it was bad. When my regulator started going bad it was all the sudden using double.
Ok that makes sense. I thought your truckmount ran on it also. I don't remember the exact number but around .6 gals an hr. just for my burner

Gene

Name
Nate W.
ok, first off. only my Little giant runs on propane. I have a gas engine. I just put a new regulator on my truck couple months back and the math is correct. I use less than .5 an hour of propane. I run my heat so I get about 210 ATW. As far as the price goes, I have no clue why its that cheap. The place I go to fill it up gives me the "home rate" They are a large propane distributor, not a gas station. I'd take a pic of the receipt but it is to damn time consuming and frustrating to post pics any more. I think in Jan. I paid around $1.75 a gallon.

I stand corrected....

I thought you did the Natural gas route with your truck and machine too? Or you were just looking into it? The Grant didn't come through?

Mike Draper

They would have given me a partial grant for cng. Problem is government regulations make it 18k to convert my truck to cng.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom