Rotovac CFX Review!

RotoVac CFX Power Pod...Continuous Extraction...duel cord...duel 3 stage vacs, high velocity 5.7's, 200cfm, 140 inches of lift each, 12.5amps each, 511 air watts per vac....total of 1022 air watts.
Continuous Auto Pumpout at 6 gals per minute....comes with 50' of discharge hose....connector at end allows garden hose connection to lengthen discharge.

Size...18" long, 14" narrowing to 8" wide, 24" tall. This unit is Tiny...could be carried on a car seat next to you!!! Only weighs 40+ lbs...has a integrated carry handle....rollers on the bottom.

Water: No integrated pressure pump...does come with all the hose and a box full of connectors enabling connection to on site hot water.

No integrated Heat.

Designed for 2" hose, will accept 1.5". Comes with 25' of 1.5" zip tied to 25' of solution hose.
Additionally has 50' of low pressure solution line, and a 4' household water connection "whip".

This little unit will "suck the chrome off a bumper"...no shit...it is amazing!!! Its vac performance is almost on a par with my small, 18hp, #3 blower TM.

I ran a number of tests...I have good water pressure...75-90 psi.

I ran 50'of 2" hose...worked beautifully
I ran 100' of 2" hose...worked beautifully
I ran 25' of 1.5 hose...could not really tell a difference.
I ran 50' of 1.5 hose...could only tell a very slight difference...
I connected to a Rotovac Original...worked perfectly and left the carpet only slightly damp!!!
I connected to a 1.5" 12" 2 Jet Glided Wand...
I connected to a 1.5" 12" 2 Jet Un-Glided wand (included)
I connected to a 2" 12" 3 jet un-glided wand....

In all wands connected...performance and water recovery were excellent...I thought the 2" hose and 2" wand worked the best at recovery...but the difference if any was small.

The CFX performed flawlessly...it sucked up the water and discharged it immediately...I never had to stop cleaning for anything except to change tools.

Understand, I was perfectly willing to pan this Unit and return it if it did not meet my expectations...I have it on a 7 day full refund policy.

I will not be returning this unit...it meets and absolutely exceeds all of my expectations...it is a "fiercely powerful" porty extractor... this extractor blows the doors off my Cleanmaster Raptor R230H...and competes with my small TM.

To my way of thinking this would be "the" Porty Unit for TM backup...everybody should have one....I wish I sold these things...

I have not tested the unit in conjunction with my TM as a Vac "Booster"...maybe I can get Odin to drop by one of my jobs next week and connect to my unit to test "booster" ability...and to confirm my review of this unit...

When I went to Rotovac, they told me that I was only the 3rd or 4th guy in the country, to specify the duel cord, 3 stage vacs...so let me tell you...do not waste your time with the single cord, 2 stage vac model...it sucks about as hard as only turning on one 3 stage vac.

Ok...is the unit overpriced?...like most things Rotovac...probably...but this product is an excellent idea.. in a small, attractive, useful package...that really delivers performance.

Normal Retail...$1900
I paid ......$1735
I got all the stuff including a 12", 2 jet wand, a Detail Tool, a couple of quarts of Red Relief.

Reactions: SamIam

Grant D

We'll have to get together and compare that with my steamin demon sometime when I get back from vacation. Sounds like a lot of performance for the versatility and price. Can you run it on only one of the 3-stage vacs in a pinch if needed?

My main issue with my steamin demon so far is that it seems extremely difficult to deal with the hoses that came with the unit. Weigh a ton and they are very difficult to manage with your feet, difficult to coil up, etc. It's not much of an issue for larger jobs with easy hookups or where only 50' is needed, but trying to do residential up stairways, etc. using 100' is darn near impossible. I think I thought of a better way to do the hoses so I think I'll get it working better in the near future.

joeynbgky said:
DevilThomas said:
joeynbgky said:
my namco has 237 inches of lift. so whats better? hmm

Not sure if it will make a difference to you...but each 3 stage vac is rated at 140" of lift.
well, it does i tought you meant 140 all together nice

Yes...it is real rowdy.... in a very small package...

The Namco looks like a good machine....I have been using a CM Raptor, 300psi, 2000watts of heat, dual 3 stage vacs...but it weighs a freeken 160lbs...!!!

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
DevilThomas said:
[
Not sure if it will make a difference to you...but each 3 stage vac is rated at 140" of lift
Yes...it is real rowdy.... in a very small package...

The Namco looks like a good machine....I have been using a CM Raptor, 300psi, 2000watts of heat, dual 3 stage vacs...but it weighs a freeken 160lbs...!!!

Thanks for that review. Sounds like a great product. I have zero desire to carry a 160lb machine, but a 37lb vac machine and a pump system and a heater would be a piece of cake. Who knows, in ten years we may have to work with some sort of electrical system if gas costs become prohibitive.

Todd Anthony

DevilThomas said:
joeynbgky said:

Not sure if it will make a difference to you...but each 3 stage vac is rated at 140" of lift.

Is there any way to run the 2-3 stage rotovac CFX with only 1 cord if you needed to?

Todd Anthony said:
DevilThomas said:
joeynbgky said:

Is there any way to run the 2-3 stage rotovac CFX with only 1 cord if you needed to?

No...each 3 stage vac draws 12.5 amps....plus the pump-out draws some amps....1 20 amp circuit would not be enough...you would trip the breaker.

You can get the single cord...duel 2 stage vac model...$1600...but it is about 1/2 the vac force.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
[Is there any way to run the 2-3 stage rotovac CFX with only 1 cord if you needed to?[/quote]

No...each 3 stage vac draws 12.5 amps....plus the pump-out draws some amps....1 20 amp circuit would not be enough...you would trip the breaker.

You can get the single cord...duel 2 stage vac model...$1600...but it is about 1/2 the vac force.[/quote]
Unless, you get a 2 way cord to plug it into the dryer plug. some of the apartments i do have 2 dryer plus one for the dryer and one for the furnace

Todd Anthony

joeynbgky said:
[Is there any way to run the 2-3 stage rotovac CFX with only 1 cord if you needed to?

You can get the single cord...duel 2 stage vac model...$1600...but it is about 1/2 the vac force.[/quote]
Unless, you get a 2 way cord to plug it into the dryer plug. some of the apartments i do have 2 dryer plus one for the dryer and one for the furnace[/quote]

I was wondering if you can run just one vac and the pump out on 1 cord if you had to?

I was wondering if you can run just one vac and the pump out on 1 cord if you had to?

Yes...One vac and the pump-out is on one cord...the other vac is on another cord. So you can do that, and it works...I tried it... :)

Todd Anthony

ok thanks . Thats cool, So i figured if you had to use 25 ft. of hose and one vac it would still work pretty good.

Todd Anthony said:
ok thanks . Thats cool, So i figured if you had to use 25 ft. of hose and one vac it would still work pretty good.

Yep...works about as good as the duel 2 stage vac model.

Greenie

DevilThomas said:

Yes...One vac and the pump-out is on one cord...the other vac is on another cord. So you can do that, and it works...I tried it... :)

Which tells me the vacs are set up in Air-Series, one sucking the exhaust of the first vac into the INtake of the second vac, Not in Air-parallel, otherwise one would pull airflow backwards through the non-running vac motor.

So it's a 100 cfm unit with high water lift, not a high airflow design.

Am I wrong?

Greenie said:
DevilThomas said:

Which tells me the vacs are set up in Air-Series, one sucking the exhaust of the first vac into the INtake of the second vac, Not in Air-parallel, otherwise one would pull airflow backwards through the non-running vac motor.

So it's a 100 cfm unit with high water lift, not a high airflow design.

Am I wrong?

Am I doing something wrong Greenie...if I only run one vac? and they are in parallel? I didn't do it long...and it did not seem to hurt anything....I wonder if there is a "flapper" to prevent backflow.

Todd Anthony

Are there 2 vacs plumbed into the recovery tank or just one? That would be an easy way to tell I would guess.

Rotovac

Name
Nick
FYI we offer the 7 day money back trial with the CFX or any of our other tools. Just in case anyone is on the fence.

Latest posts

Latest Auctions

Back
Top Bottom