Rug experts

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
area rug.jpg
Rug label.jpg
My wife and I are working with a decorator on a complete remodel of our Living Room and Dining Room. We will be installing hardwood floors and area rugs. I have attached pictures of one of the area rugs and the label. What can you tell me about the rug and what we should expect to pay for this style of rug.

cleanking

Name
Jordan King
May want to also post this over in the "rugs and textiles" forum as well.

These are machine made rugs with a wool pile. Similar to Karastan rugs.

The price of these rugs can be almost ad much as a hand made piece so it may be worth looking into some of those as well. Margin is higher on hand knotted rugs which means you can usually get a better deal.

This rug in an 8x10 would retail around $1000-$1300

cleanking

Name
Jordan King
This brand will have many different collections varying on price. However a quick Google search showed this rug in an 8x10 at nearly 4k. Your best bet is to check out local prices at a reputable dealer.

Floor coverings aren't cheap, even when they are cheaply made (not implying Surya is).

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
The homes I see it in are very expensive. The rug just doesn't look that well made. I'm definitely not a rug expert.

Gene

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Thanks Jordan, We are buying them through the decorator at wholesale price, plus a percentage. They say they are hand made, what will be the best way to clean when the time comes. We do not have any decent rug cleaning facilities in the area, may have to send them out to be cleaned.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Ron,
These are extremely trendy right now. They aren't really meant to last a long time, but will last long enough to look dated in three to four years.
If you don't care about trendy and honestly like the look, you'll have to take good care of them if you want them around a while.

PS: If you can clean wool wall-to-wall, you can hack these in your garage with no problems.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Thanks Bryan, That is the type of answer I had hoped for. We are purchasing a larger one to match this one and another style for the dining room. I have wanted to do a rug class but my wife has been having health issues that have prevented us from traveling. This decorating has been a good distraction for her.

Back
Top Bottom